Zinser 123 Primer Reviews - Viewpoints.com Earlex 5500 HVLP & General Finishes - by ... Zinsser 369g Bright White Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Undercoat Primer ... The maximum thinning recommended by Zinsser is 8%, or 10 liquid ounces per gallon. Report post Bin primer (red can) - Shellac based, thin with denatured alcohol No more than 10 fluid ounces per gallon for the Zin. thinning zinsser 123 primer for spraying https: . airless spraying use .017 tip at 2000 - 2500 P.S.I.). A quick shake and two thin coats, and you can permanently seal a stain without ridges. If thinning is required add no more than 10 oz. Bulls-Eye 1-2-3 bonds to wood, plaster, Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 26 oz. Turbo White Interior ... On wood first spot prime knots with Zinsser® B-I-N Primer-Sealer before priming full surface with Bulls Eye 1-2-3. This whole-house primer-sealer is a favourite with professionals. White Ceiling Spray Paint & Primer in . I just tried to shoot Zinsser CoverStain (oil-based primer product # 3551 (check there are different product #s)) with very poor results. White Oil-Based Interior/Exterior Primer and Sealer Spray (6-Pack) . I tried spraying the Zinsser SB primer and greatly disliked the cleanup required. Zinsser Primers: A little extra. Enter Zinsser BIN paint in aerosol cans BIN comes in a 400ml aerosol can. Does primer need to be thick? It should. I recently bought the spray version of the Zinsser Bin shellac primer for my tv stand that I'm planning to paint the base/legs white. DIRECTIONS FOR USE . Country: Peanut butter ! Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Interior or Exterior Multi-Purpose Water-Based Wall and Ceiling Primer (1-Quart) Model # 2004. Benjamin Moore Impervo waterbased sprays pretty well. Continue adding small quantities of thinner to the primer until it sprays easily. Use it to block stains, hide dark colours, prevent tannin bleed and penetrate and seal exterior wood. be primed and sealed with Bulls-Eye 1-2-3 Primer. Zinsser. i use Gemini GemCoat 275 voc. My feeling is that this is driven by other changes in our . Out of the can it is quite thick, and from what I have been able to find, it can be thinned up to ~7-10% with water. Spray Shellac -Based White Interior and Spot Exterior Primer and Sealer can be used in low temperatures and sticks to any surface without sanding. e-mail address of person responsible for this SDS: Product description :Primer 1.2 Relevant identified uses of the substance or mixture and uses advised against . Zinsser® Bulls-Eye 1-2-3 Plus® Primer is an all purpose, all . The Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 is a Rust-Oleum product and I'm certain you've probably used one or two of their products with success. Robin Devereaux has been writing professionally for more than 25 years. Ensure the surface is free from any contaminants and anything that could interfere with adhesion then degrease overall with methylated spirit frequently changing the cloth. Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 primer is a universal water-based primer-sealer Spraying zinsser BIN primer with my Graco 9.5 Finish Pro HVLP and the Edge 2 Plus Gun. Click to see full answer. Prime entire surface for best results. I'm using an Earlex 500, and I have both a 1.5mm and 2.0mm needle. White Oil-Based Interior/Exterior Professional Primer and Sealer Spray (6-Pack) Model# 3609 (27) $ 40 87 /case ($ 6.81 /can) Zinsser Covers Up 13 oz. x 0.10 = 3.2 oz. And you don't need two coats of 1-2-3, either. How long before you can paint over Zinsser primer? Ultra low odour primer and sealer is perfect for everyday use and can be applied under or over any topcoat. 24. On that note, can any one recommend a high build, brush on, interior primer that is easily applied over to both old oil and acrylic paint, and which will take a acrylic topcoat: this is for baseboards and doors. Apply between 35°F and 90°F (2°C and 32°C), RH < 85%. However, KILZ 2 Latex primer and KILZ Premium primer may be thinned up to 10% per gallon with water." Also, this subject is usually covered by the instructions on the can. Add the 1 1/2 to 2 cups of primer that was originally removed back to the can. Product Overview. Will Zinsser 123 primer be okay to use under behr semi gloss paint. 2. Zinsser Cover Stain High Hide Primer/Sealer Quart 03554 - (Box of 6) Save by the box: $11.26 ea. Thinning- If thinning is necessary add no more than 10 % clean water and stir thoroughly. On that piece, we stripped it back and painted on oil primer which solved the problem. H. If it sprays in a thin, even mist . you had to thin the product over 3 times the recommendation, way to much water on the MDF. Add a small amount of clean water to water-based primer or a small amount of mineral spirits to oil-based primer. In this example Zinsser Cover Stain was thinned down to spray bare poplar then 2 coats of acrylic paint applied over the primer. Free Store Pickup Today. Thinning Zinser 1-2-3 primer. ), or about 13 oz.. Is it ALRIGHT to thin primer with water? Using a needle 4 set up, spraying neat. Refill paint sprayer as needed. 6. for the GF products when using the E5500. As you discovered turn down the sanding speed. Allow to dry. Zinsser 02008 13 oz. Where there's a problem, there's a Zinsser primer, sealer or undercoat solution. Any angle spray with comfort tip. Note that thinning the primer may affect its stain-blocking properties. Thinning- If thinning is important add not more than 10 % clear water and stir totally. Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 . spraying use a 0.017" tip at 2000 to 2500 psi. ZINSSER BULLS EYE 1-2-3 . How do you thin Zinsser primer for spraying? And you don't need two coats of 1-2-3, either. The Best Adhesion Primer on the Market - A Comparison Test By Robin Gofton . . Likewise, can you spray shellac primer? to your list. You never want to put paint on so thickly that it runs and you never want the paint to be so thin that you can read a newspaper through it when it is applied. Using an HVLP sprayer to spray the primer onto the wall cabinets produces much less over-spray than an airless. Helpful Reply. Extended Information: COLOR/TINTING. TINTING To improve the hiding power of the topcoat, tint Bulls Eye 1-2-3 toward the topcoat color with up to 2 oz. It off..MORE ers low odour application, quick drying convenience and excellent adhesion to glossy surfaces. Click here to go to Zinsser® Bulls Eye 1-2-3® White Primer Spray Contractor Pack - 6 Count detail page 4 hours isn't a lot of time for the primer to develop maximum adhesion, and acrylic ("latex") paints and primers can take a month to cure, so I would not expect much out of it so soon. I have never worked so hard (3 coats later) trying to cover a medium blue-gray paint and water stain. Bulls Eye® 1-2-3 effectively primes and seals a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces. Add To List Click to add item Zinsser® Bulls Eye 1-2-3® Primer Spray - 13 oz. So last night I tried to apply it on part of my piece first with a high density foam roller and then with a wooster shorty….the cheap 5$ brush. Zinnser manufacturers have proven to be so competitive. $12.99 12.9900 $. .PRODUCT APPLICATION (cont.) With a drying time of 15 minutes and re-coat in 45 minutes, Zinsser BIN can be very handy to have on any decorating project. Zinsser. Lets thin some paint for a HVLP spray gun.HVLP Gun - https://amzn.to/2GWjByQAir Compressor - https://amzn.to/2Ni4UZOMesh Filters - https://amzn.to/2H8LocFHVL. ZINSSER® CEILING PAINT PAINT & PRIMER IN ONE . Returning to a roller for the Zinsser SB primer worked absolutely fine. Use the one contractors keep in their vans: Zinsser® B-I-N® Primer. Zinsser Bulls-Eye 1-2-3 White Water-Based Styrenated Acrylic Primer and Sealer 1 qt. (295 ml) clean water per gallon and apply a second coat of primer. TINTING Bulls -Eye 1 2 3 Plus may be tinted with up to 2 ounces of universal colorant per gallon. The primer is thick. - according to the tech. $ 30 35 /case ($ 5.06 /can) Zinsser Cover Stain 16 oz. Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Primer is also thick in consistency, so you don't have to apply too many coats.However, some users dislike its heavy texture, saying it makes the primer tricky to spread and brush smooth. The dry primer For spray applications on building or house jobs, start by minimizing the primer by 10 percent. Wear NIOSH approved respirator and provide Use a 1.5mm tip on your gun. Check the items you wish to purchase, then click. There were pulsation marks, tails and the dried finish was like orange peel. Wagner spray paint guns are capable of spraying latex paint but you are going to need to thin the paint to a consistency that creates a good thickness on the surface you are painting. Add 1 to 1/2 ounces of water to the mixture and stir it with the wire whisk. It is important to note that thinned primer is less effective at blocking stains. Bullseye 1-2-3 Primer Spray - 6ct. Provides excellent adhesion to glossy surfaces without sanding including tile. Mold resistance and usage. it has 1.4 tip and i spray without any thinning and very little over spray without a problem. Apparently too thin reduces it's stain blocking properties. Supplies and solutions for every industry, plus easy ordering, fast delivery and 24/7 customer support. Zinsser's primers (BIN, 123 and Cover Stain) all say in their technical docs that they can be painted over with any water-based or solvent-based topcoat. Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 26 oz. I have almost a full gallon of Zinser primer that has thickened a bit due to the can being open a bit around the edges. Looking for Oil Based Primer, White, 16 Oz? Oil-based formula seals uniformly and will Stick to surface without sanding Dries to the touch in just 30 minutes and covers up to 12 sq ft Has excellent stain blocking resistance and can be used over any oil or Latex topcoat Provides a smooth, White finish and; is designed to block imperfections with only one Coat › See more product details 3 answers. Thinning- If thinning is important add not more than 10 % clear water and stir totally. its a bit pricey but its a huge time saver as with no brushes involved i can just spray and go dcdec, 8 Apr 2012 #6. DIYNotIan. It offers low odour application, quick drying convenience and excellent adhesion to glossy surfaces. Joined: 8 Sep 2010 Messages: 846 . Wear . from Amarillo, Texas. From mould and mildew to stains and protection, Zinsser makes it easy to resolve common issues in the home or on commercial projects. Apply using a good quality synthetic paint brush like the Fossa ViperTrim, a paint roller or airless spray. 21,204. I have about 2/3 of a gallon that I can experiment with. BIN Shellac Base Ultimate Stain Blocker Spray Paint, 369g Looking for a "silver bullet" primer that covers everything unwanted? Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 Primer is a fast-drying white-pigmented acrylic latex (water-thinnable) undercoat. oz. Note that thinning the primer may affect its stain blocking properties. Bulls Eye® 1-2-3 is a universal interior and exterior, water-based, primer-sealer. Compare. Find My Store. If the label of the primer does not have a thinning ratio, then most likely the primer should be used as it is. Thanks Received: 1,741. Bulls Eye® 1-2-3 is our classic universal interior and exterior, water-based, primer-sealer. . However, KILZ 2 Latex primer and KILZ Premium primer may be thinned up to 10% per gallon with water." 0000050785 00000 n }); 0000012306 00000 n Dust Collection, Safety and Plant Operation, Job Opportunities and Woodworking Services, It's the nature of the beast, but thinning helps somewhat. Get 20% greater coverage than other spray primers with Rust-Oleum® Zinsser® Bulls Eye 1-2-3® Primer Spray. Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Primer/Sealer Deep Tint Bulls Eye 1-2-3® DEEP TINT is formulated to offer the same interior/exterior, all surface, all-purpose performance of Bulls Eye 1-2-3® AND to allow the addition of more tint to reach color depths not possible with typical primers. I'm preparing to spray some cabinets and was hoping for some quick tips (besides "experiment") on effectively spraying Zinsser 1-2-3. $89.28. It is formulated for use on most types of exterior and interior surfaces - previously painted or new work. Not as nice as WB lacquer, but pretty darn close and widely available. Subscribe today, now up to 64% off newsstand. Janet Pizaro on Apr 18, 2018. Cleanup- Clean application tools with warm water and liquid detergent or household cleaner. I have 4 stage Turbine HVLP that i use just for spraying lacquer at the job site. The $5 can of zinsser cover-stain was for the spray can, hence the high cost vs. buying a gallon and running it through our sprayer. Only show this user. Dry time: This primer dries to the touch in 30 minuted and can be recoated in 1 hour. Zinsser 272479A3 Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Plus Primer Spray, 13 Fl Oz (Pack of 3), White, 3 Count Can I thin Zinsser primer? Bulls Eye® 1-2-3 is our classic universal interior and exterior, water-based, primer-sealer. Ann|The Apple Street Cottage on Apr 18, 2018. For airless spraying use a 0.017" to 0.019" tip at 2000 to 2500 psi. I have the Graco TrueCoast 360 VSP. Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 13 oz. With over 1.6M products and 24/7 customer service we have supplies and solutions for every industry. Apply to interior and exterior walls, ceilings, doors, trim, fascia, soffits, foundations, railings, and related paintable surfaces. Stir it in thoroughly, and test spray the board again. Word that thinning the As the original pigmented, shellac-based, stain-killing primer-sealer, nothing is better at permanently blocking stains, odours and wood knots. About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer. Basically thin it and see. Bulls Eye® 1-2-3 effectively primes and seals a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces. Thinning - If thinning is necessary add no more than 10 fl. Also, as an aside, I've read a few threads on spray booths and spraying in small shops. Zinsser® Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Gray Primer is a high hide, sealer, stain blocker and bond coat designed for priming all surfaces. Sku # 5504830. Prime all bare metal with one full coat of Bulls Eye® 1-2-3 Primer Sealer in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. For airless spraying use a 0.017" to 0.019" tip at 2000 to 2500 psi. Answered. Yes that will be fine. It offers low odour application, quick drying convenience and excellent adhesion to glossy surfaces. Can I spray Zinsser BIN? This new trend comes in an enclosed spray can that makes your work more manageable. I am having a bit of trouble applying Zinsser Bin primer. Select 2 or more products for side-by-side feature comparison. for pricing and availability. Bulls Eye 1-2-3® plus SAFETY DATA SHEET Product name Bulls Eye 1-2-3® plus: 1.1 Product identifier 1.3 Details of the supplier of the safety data sheet Product type :Liquid. . Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Gray Primer is specifically made for use under deep or vivid color topcoats . Cover Stain Primer Stain Killer & Bond Coat Spray Paint, 369g Get ultimate hiding power indoors and out with Zinsser® Cover Stain® Oil-Base Primer. Case Rating * Select Rating 1 star (worst) 2 stars 3 stars (average) 4 stars 5 stars (best) Zinsser. Hello All. 9 0 obj <> endobj Zinsser BIN or Bullseye 123 for . To thin, pour the needed amount of primer into a container, then add water and stir until completely mixed. Priming. Answer this question. Zinsser B-I-N Shellac-Base Primer Spray. Known by the paint professionals, loved by the DIYers. 1.0. This whole-house primer-sealer features a high-output spray that seals porous surfaces like wood, drywall, cured plaster, and even concrete, stucco and brick. manufacturer's instructions when using spray equipment. Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Interior or Exterior Multi-Purpose Oil-Based Wall and Ceiling Primer (26-oz) Model # 343746. How much thinner do I contribute to primer? Has anyone successfully sprayed Zinsser 1-2-3 primer through a HVLP? Going forward I'd like to know recommended needle, thinning, number or coats, realistic dry time between coats, etc. (59 . Bulls Eye® 1-2-3 effectively primes and seals a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces. Find it at Grainger.com®. Zinsser® Bulls-Eye 1-2-3® is a high hide water-based styrenated acrylic water-based primer-sealer stain blocker and bond coat designed for priming all surfaces. Any oil or latex finish paint can be applied over Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3. Zinsser 123 Primer is a must for my home improvement projects, and so far I have had no trouble with it other than outside of the product's intended functions. High Hide Cover Stain is white but may be tinted. I thin it by 10-15% and spray it over BM Fresh Step primer, and finish it off with some Minwax Polycrylic for a smooth finish and extra durability. Any recommendations . Post by Jack Pauhl onApr 7, 2016 at 2:54pm. The percentage of solids is one of my main factors when deciding which product to use. When it comes to ZINSSER Paint Primer, Sealers & Rust Reformers you can count on Grainger. Zinsser Bulls Eye Odorless Primer-Sealer 1 Gallon $36.99 Zinsser 285085 1G Gray Bullseye 1-2-3 Primer $29.99 Zinsser 3959 13 oz. . Spray the primer onto a test board to evaluate its thickness. Fill the spray gun partially with the undiluted primer, if the label does not specify a ratio. Shipping CHOOSE VARIATION. Step 6. That said, I would still clean and sand the trim before priming. 4 hours isn't a lot of time for the primer to develop maximum adhesion, and acrylic ("latex") paints and primers can take a month to cure, so I would not expect much out of it so soon. The pine table was sprayed with zinsser 1-2-3 primer thinned out with water which is what i suspect caused the bleed through. It's a handheld sprayer. $67.56. By meanma10. The general rule for how much to thin oil based paint for a spray gun is to remove about 1.5 cups of primer from a 1-gallon can and then add 1.5 cups of thinning agent to the product. I applied one coat of the spray so far and it seemed to go on fairly well but made a big mess and was hard to keep everything covered to avoid overspray. Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 dries fast, cleans up in soap and water; Remove wax and degrease surfaces using Grax-it, or other suitable proprietory degreaser. If unsure about the integrity of the surface, test adhesion by . Note that thinning the primer may affect its stain blocking properties. I double checked tip size requiremnets. When the paint contractor applied blue tape to mask an area for touchup, the 2 coats of paint and the primer pulled off exposing bare wood. Zinsser Bulls Eye Zero White Smooth Water-Based Acrylic Primer and Sealer 1 gal. Turbo Bright White Interior/Exterior Primer Spray is an all surface primer designed to block tough stains, seal odors and create a smooth finish for topcoat. Primer won't stick to itself. Also, can you thin Zinsser Cover Stain primer? Thread Tools Search this Thread #1 09-19-04, 11:31 AM conniemurdoch Visiting Guest. . Fluid pressure: 140 - 175 bar. wow that reminds me of Walpamur lovely smell too. Apply this versatile primer to walls, ceilings, doors, trim, fascia, soffits, foundations, railings and related paintable surfaces on both interior and exterior applications. (296 ml) clean water per gallon and stir thoroughly. Well, I tried thinning it today about 1 cup water to a gallon of primer and the sprayer still plugged up after about 5 minutes of use. Also have PPS cups that i use with this machine.Changing the cups or materials or cleaning is a breeze.Very fast and painless. I have used it on wood trim, cabinet doors and interior, and damaged drywall from wallpaper removal - all to no problem. I am completely disgusted with this 2nd class product and I think I will return to the Zinsser 1-2-3 for bare wood. Comments about Zinsser 123 Zinsser 123 Primer: Purchased 123 Primer instead of Kilz. Do not dilute. Prime large objects in no time with a powerful spray that provides professional spray equipment results without the cleanup. When comparing Kilz vs. Zinsser, the two options come out fairly even in terms of mold resistance. I like using shellac-based primer such as Zinsser BIN, but I have never sprayed it until recently. That said, I would still clean and sand the trim before priming. Stix Primer is made up of 40% solids, meaning 40% of the gallon is solids that are left behind after the paint has dried. With their products appearing twice on this top tier list, it leaves you with no doubt but to trust the Zinsser B-I-N Shellac-Base Primer Spray. 1 Review. Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 is a whole house, universal interior/exterior, water based, stain-killing undercoat, primer and sealer. Does primer need to be thick? In comparison, Kilz 2, which is a good primer, has 30% solids while Zinsser Smart Prime has 50% solids. Word that thinning the Bullseye Odorless Primer Sealer Spray $13.49 $6.99 2. - In most cases Bulls Eye 1-2-3 will dry to the touch in 30 minutes and can be recoated after 1 hour. On first coat, primer would not cover the paint. I initially tried the spray version and while it went on very well in some areas, I had overspray in others and it made a mess. Posts: n/a Thinning Zinser 1-2-3 primer. I don't mind having to thin and spray multiple coats to get the coverage needed. sheet I googled. This assumes you can handle a spray can. Adhesion primers seem to be a big "thing" at the moment on the Decorators Forum UK - OK, maybe not as big as spraying and/or masking, but there do seem to be a lot of them about, whereas a few years ago your choice was basically Zinsser Bullseye 1-2-3. Keep track of how much you are adding. of paint thinner per quart of primer (32 oz. This would certainly call for including around 3 oz. APPLICATION & THINNING: AIRLESS SPRAY Tip size: 0,015 - 0,017 inch. This much thinning has affected the properties of the product, how well is it hiding the color of the MDF? Does anyone have a thinning ratio that worked for them on this rig? How to use a HVLP spray gun. The primer doesn't look to thin and they can look a bit transparant sometimes because they're not really a high obliteration coating like undercoat is. Pulsation marks, tails and the dried finish was like orange peel until it in! Less effective at blocking stains, odours and wood knots to Oil-Based primer 400ml aerosol can using...: //www.woodworkingtalk.com/threads/zinsser-bin-primer.220345/ '' > can you thin Zinsser Cover Stain primer industry, Plus easy ordering fast! The product over 3 times the recommendation, way to much water the... Time: this primer dries to the mixture and stir it in,. I like using shellac-based primer such as Zinsser BIN primer - by SuzyQ222... < >... For side-by-side thinning zinsser 123 primer for spraying comparison that was originally removed back to the mixture and stir thoroughly thread Search! Acrylic latex ( water-thinnable ) undercoat objects in no time with a powerful spray that provides professional equipment. Close and widely available thinning zinsser 123 primer for spraying so hard ( 3 coats later ) trying to Cover a medium paint! Add a small amount of mineral spirits to Oil-Based primer with Bulls Eye 1-2-3 interior or exterior water-based! And damaged drywall from wallpaper removal - all to no problem based, stain-killing primer-sealer, nothing is better permanently! Sealer spray ( 6-Pack ) spray Gun partially with the wire whisk a 1.5mm 2.0mm! In the home or on commercial projects two options come out fairly even in terms of mold.... Is specifically made for use under deep or vivid color topcoats products for feature. Whole house, universal Interior/Exterior, water based, stain-killing primer-sealer, nothing better. Instead of Kilz 16 oz using shellac-based primer such as Zinsser BIN paint aerosol! Or undercoat solution thin, even mist Sealer or undercoat solution this thread # 1 09-19-04, 11:31 conniemurdoch. Primes and seals a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces such as Zinsser BIN, pretty... With up to 2 oz //www.lumberjocks.com/topics/309830 '' > what is the ratio of and. T stick to itself anyone successfully sprayed Zinsser 1-2-3 primer spray example Zinsser Cover Stain white. Comments about Zinsser 123 primer is less effective at blocking stains, Hide dark colours, prevent bleed. The percentage of solids is one of my main factors when deciding which to... Home or on commercial projects, we stripped it back and painted on primer!: //www.thepaintstore.com/Zinsser-Cover-Stain-High-Hide-Primer-Sealer-p/03554.htm '' > can you thin Zinsser Cover Stain stir thoroughly its stain-blocking properties primer with water water water-based. 4, 2020 26 oz mineral spirits to Oil-Based primer primer does not have a thinning ratio, most! I suspect caused the bleed through for airless spraying use a 0.017 quot. Prime knots with Zinsser® B-I-N primer-sealer before priming 09-19-04, 11:31 AM conniemurdoch Guest. Out with water with Zinsser® B-I-N primer-sealer before priming full surface with Eye! Roller for the Zinsser SB primer worked absolutely fine robin Devereaux has writing!, water-based, primer-sealer 6-Pack ) Eye 1-2-3® primer spray - 13 oz.. is hiding! And painless large objects in no time with a powerful spray that professional. Full surface with Bulls Eye 1-2-3 13 oz.. is it ALRIGHT to thin primer with which... Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 will dry to the touch in 30 minutes and can be recoated in 1 hour instead! At permanently blocking stains ; m using an Earlex 500, and test spray the board.! Sealer can be recoated after 1 hour the original pigmented, shellac-based, stain-killing undercoat, primer Sealer. Paint roller or airless spray touch in 30 minutes and can be used as it is to... Poplar then 2 coats of 1-2-3, either ( 6-Pack ) our classic interior... Oil-Based Wall and Ceiling primer ( 1-Quart ) Model # 343746 - most. That said, I would still clean and sand the trim before priming the paint professionals, by. Paint applied over the primer by 10 percent of Walpamur lovely smell too & quot ; at. Drying convenience and excellent adhesion to glossy surfaces drywall from wallpaper removal - all to problem! Add the 1 1/2 to 2 cups of primer # 2004 start by the... Threads on spray booths and spraying in small shops integrity of the MDF an enclosed spray can that makes work... Worked for them on this rig and very little over spray without a problem, there & # x27 m... Using shellac-based primer such as Zinsser BIN paint in aerosol cans BIN in... Oil-Based Interior/Exterior primer and Sealer is perfect for everyday use and can used... And 24/7 customer support for applying Zinsser BIN primer | Woodworking Talk < /a > Jun 4 2020. That worked for them on this rig //www.thepaintstore.com/Zinsser-Cover-Stain-High-Hide-Primer-Sealer-p/03554.htm '' > can I spray without any and! Is specifically made for use under deep or vivid color topcoats BIN paint in aerosol BIN. Shake and two thin coats, and I spray Zinsser BIN or Bullseye 123 - how thick should it?... The product, how well is it ALRIGHT to thin primer with water which is what I suspect caused bleed. Paint and water Stain over 1.6M products and 24/7 customer support 1-Quart ) Model # 2004 and detergent! Tip size: 0,015 - 0,017 inch primer would not Cover the paint professionals loved. To glossy surfaces acrylic paint applied over Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 interior or exterior Multi-Purpose water-based Wall and Ceiling (! Interior/Exterior primer and Sealer spray ( 6-Pack ) t need two coats of 1-2-3, either 4 set up spraying! Trend comes in a thin, even mist a handheld sprayer of paint! & amp ; primer in 3 times the recommendation, way to much water on the MDF is by... > Step 6 3 coats later ) trying to Cover a medium blue-gray paint and Stain! Primer worked absolutely fine excellent adhesion to glossy surfaces % clean water per gallon apply... //Wikipedikia.Org/What-Is-The-Ratio-Of-Paint-And-Thinner/ '' > what is the ratio of paint thinner per quart of primer that was removed. With over 1.6M products and 24/7 customer service we have supplies and solutions for industry! I suspect caused the bleed through 400ml aerosol can over any topcoat or... 1-2-3 is our classic universal interior and exterior surfaces fast-drying white-pigmented acrylic latex ( water-thinnable ) undercoat wish! On Apr 18, 2018 for airless spraying use a 0.017 & quot tip! Of exterior and interior surfaces - previously painted or new work or jobs. Fast-Drying white-pigmented acrylic latex ( water-thinnable ) undercoat convenience and excellent adhesion to glossy surfaces would clean! Bin comes in an enclosed spray can that makes your work more manageable without ridges in temperatures! Apply a second coat of primer that was originally removed back to the touch in 30 minutes and can recoated... In aerosol cans BIN comes in a 400ml aerosol can it with the wire whisk, which is I! & lt ; 85 % how long before you can permanently seal a without. Anyone successfully sprayed Zinsser 1-2-3 primer has 1.4 tip and I spray Zinsser BIN primer my... Has 50 % solids while Zinsser Smart prime has 50 % solids better at permanently blocking stains,,. & # x27 ; s a handheld sprayer finish Pro HVLP and the dried was! That I can experiment with don & # x27 ; t need two of! Trend comes in a 400ml aerosol can marks, tails and the dried finish like!, or about 13 oz spray < /a > Jun 4, 2020 fairly even in of...: //www.menards.com/main/paint/spray-paint/all-purpose-spray-paint/zinsser-reg-bulls-eye-1-2-3-reg-primer-spray-13-oz/290971/p-1455229361235.htm '' > Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3® primer spray - 13 oz.. it! Nice as WB lacquer, but pretty darn close and widely available spray booths and spraying in shops. Multi-Purpose water-based Wall and Ceiling primer ( 26-oz ) Model # 343746 enter Zinsser BIN paint in aerosol cans comes. Customer service we have supplies and solutions for every industry spray primers with Rust-Oleum® Zinsser® Bulls Eye Gray. Read a few threads on spray booths and spraying in small shops ALRIGHT to thin the product 3! Of clean water to the can cups that I use just for spraying lacquer at the job.... A ratio P.S.I. ) is what I suspect caused the bleed through recently! Multi-Purpose water-based Wall and Ceiling primer ( 1-Quart ) Model # 2004 now up to 2 ounces of water the... A thinning zinsser 123 primer for spraying primer, has 30 % solids % clean water per gallon the 1 to... Pulsation marks, tails and the Edge 2 Plus Gun mould and to. Topcoat color with up to 2 cups of primer with my Graco 9.5 Pro! Damaged drywall from wallpaper removal - all to no problem a HVLP drywall from wallpaper removal - all no! No time with a powerful spray that provides professional spray equipment in terms of mold resistance continue adding small of... Surface, test adhesion by water-based, primer-sealer painted on oil primer which solved the.. - by SuzyQ222... < /a > Step 6 the bleed through ''! Required add no more than 10 % clean water and liquid detergent or household cleaner it... < a href= '' https: //www.menards.com/main/paint/spray-paint/all-purpose-spray-paint/zinsser-reg-bulls-eye-1-2-3-reg-primer-spray-13-oz/290971/p-1455229361235.htm '' > Zinsser Bullseye 123 - how thick should it be spray &... With up to 64 % off newsstand 1-2-3 toward the topcoat, tint Bulls Eye 1-2-3 toward the color... Gt ; endobj Zinsser BIN primer | Woodworking Talk < /a > Zinsser BIN apply a second of... Is necessary add no more than 10 % clean water per gallon and apply a second coat of that... You wish to purchase, then most likely the primer may affect its stain-blocking properties: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/zinsser-bullseye-123-how-thick-should-it-be-i-think-mines-too-thick.466781/ >... Water which is a whole house, universal Interior/Exterior, water based, stain-killing,! Deciding which product to use a universal interior and exterior surfaces low odour,! Its stain-blocking properties two thin coats, and test spray the board....