Therefore, stop wasting … I don't remember the exact ratio of beef to venison, but it made the absolute best ground meat possible ..... not just for burgers, but for chili, spaghetti sauce, Shepard's Pie, etc. The 90-10 ratio will produce a lean patty, whereas an 80/20 will be richer. Venison Burger with Bleu Cheese and Crispy Shallots. I buy Ribeye beef fat trimmings from my local market (25¢ lb.) They did a 50/50 mix of brisket to venison. 10 servings. I use a pound to a pound and a half per 10 pounds of deer meat. 3 pounds ground venison; 1 lb of ground beef – An alternative meat source is added to venison summer sausage to add fat content to your base ingredients. That biblical first bite that oozes with succulent juices and flavor won’t happen if you don’t get your fat ratio right. Fat is fundamental to creating a juicy product. This is a list of smoked foods.Smoking is the process of flavoring, cooking, or preserving food by exposing it to smoke from burning or smoldering material, most often wood.Foods have been smoked by humans throughout history. Whichever you use, try to get it straight from the slaughter house where it won't have any added water. You should mix roughly 30% pork fat with venison when making snack sticks, venison sausage should have up to 50% pork fat, and venison burgers and meatballs need only contain about 20% pork fat. 4. So my dogs love when I cook up bacon! Just so nothing goes to waste I put together a treat for the them. The two egg whites bacon grease and som... Instructions. 2. best ever juicy burger. grass-fed meat (beef, lamb, goat, venison), wild-caught fish & seafood (avoid farmed fish), pastured pork and poultry, pastured eggs, gelatin, ghee, butter - these are high in healthy omega 3 fatty acids (avoid sausages and meat covered in breadcrumbs, hot dogs, meat that comes with sugary or starchy sauces) 2 lbs ground burger. What is the ratio of pork to venison – refer to instructions, because some flavors have different ratios. Usually that means 12 pounds venison, 3 pounds bacon ends and pieces, 12 t or 4T seasoning. Venison Bacon The meat, whatever it’s made of, needs to be fatty and fine. Venison Burgers with Blue Cheese What to mix with ground venison 95 easy and tasty ranch dressing hamburger recipes by home ... I go to the Mt. Venison and bacon burger ratio Venison This is the ratio of lean meat to fat. Cook until the other side develops a crust (another 3 minutes), then flip it once more and add cheese. If you want to cut in pork trim, use 3 pounds of venison, 1 pound of pork trim, and 1 pound of fatback. 2. I would then patty the burgers and freeze on a cookie sheet; Thought of packaging them up … I like this ratio. Add equal amounts of ground pork sausage or ground beef with a 20 percent fat ratio to the ground venison to achieve a 50/50 mixture. These venison burger patties rely on a pretty typical fat to meat ratio of 80:20 and because dear meat is so lean meat we use smoked streaky bacon to supplement the fat. I personally use the cheapest fatty Boston butts i can find and run 25/75 pork to venison for burger. Form into patties. For sausage we mix venison and pork butt at a 60:40 ratio. Add cure to water, mix 4-6 minutes or until meat is tacky. You could use some of the extracted fat from the meat, or better still, beef tallow, bacon, or pork belly will suffice. just now. For Burgers I mix beef fat/suet 1 1/2- 2lbs beef fat -10 pounds venison. Sorry, I have to say it, but because bacon is not 100% fat, your mix will be slightly leaner than 80/20. I was going to do some venison burgers this year but my plan was to mix bacon ends with venison when grinding at a ratio of 15% bacon to 85% venison. Consider this when mixing with your game meat. There is a difference in Pork Trimmings. This juicy Venison Burger Recipe is full of flavor and uses the best grinding venison burger mix without additional fat to make lean burgers. 2. jerseyhunter. and mix it 80% venison 20% fat for burgers. If I'm making sausage I'll run the extra fat trimmings from a hog (that I always seem to save for some reason but never seem to render) at roughly 15% of total by weight. Uuhmmmm, uuhmmmm, GOOD !!!!! 1 pound to 10 is … Ta Da! Mix beef with venison, lightly, until combined. The 90-10 ratio will produce a lean patty, whereas an 80/20 will be richer. Add equal amounts of ground pork sausage or ground beef with a 20 percent fat ratio to the ground venison to achieve a 50/50 mixture. A 70/30 blend is going to be 70% lean meat and 30% fat. Next we minced! 2. I tried two different versions of this epic bacon meal. One with onions and one without. First evenly divide up the venison into two mixing bowl... My wife and I recently had a very successful hunt back on the family farm. 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs. 2lbs bacon to 10 lbs of venison. So yeah the formula is the same as the beef tallow one. For things like venison chilies, sloppy joes, and tacos, we recommend a 10% fat content. Topping a Venison Burger. Trimmings always work the best. Gives it added flavor and is a nice change. mix all together and make your burgers . I do my venison burger with 10% added beef fat. If you do not have sufficient fat in your sausage mixture, your end product will turn out excessively dry. Then I grind about 30# of deer and mix it. But we will do beef fat with bacon from now on. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot. Pack the number of patties you usually use for a meal in a vacuum packer and they are good in the freezer for at least a year. A certain ratio of fat must be included because one of the secret ingredients to a juicy meat burger or sausage is fat. Simply mix ground bacon into the ground beef. You can go for a 50/50 ratio, but I prefer to add 4 oz of bacon for each 1 lb. of ground beef. I started making these burgers after I transitioned to a low-carb diet. Suddenly, with no bun, the burger became the star of the show, and I wanted it to be as flavorful and as juicy as possible. Using a ratio of 50% game meat to 50% pork butts or pork shoulders will give you a high quality sausage with a pork influence. On the … We're going to try hot dogs and brats this year and will use a 80:20 mix. For me, I take 10# of 73/27 ground beef my local butcher sells it for $32 a tube. Use the food scale to add the correct amount. Slightly freeze the fat before running it through your grinder or chopping it into small pieces. For burger we typically add 10-20% beef fat. At this ratio your burger is about 88-90%. Do I need to add fats to ground venison? Place the cubes of beef and bacon separately in a single layer on baking trays and place them in the freezer for 15 to 30 minutes to partially freeze the meat. 10 servings. Then grind the venison meat, mince the bacon, garlic, and onion. Cut the beef into 1- to 1 1/2-inch cubes and cut the bacon into pieces about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long. Bacon Burger Recipe (Bacon Mixed In!) Grill patties on the preheated grill until desired doneness is reached, about 5 minutes per side. If the onions are cooking too fast, lower the heat. Pork fat isn't as tasty as beef fat or suet. For patties I use 20% bacon ends and pieces with 1t High mountain burger seasoning per pound of venison. For medium rare to medium patties, make sure the venison burgers reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Place in 9 x 11 pan sprayed with non-stick spray (like Pam), lined with a sheet of wax paper in the bottom. And similar to the tallow, you’ll need a weight measuring scale to measure bacon ends. Measure the percentages out by weight. For the best burgers, nothing below 15% fat content will do. But we will do beef fat with bacon from now on. Preheat smoker to 130 degrees and add wood chips. Gives it a great taste. Measure the percentages out by weight. See recipes for Crockpot buffalo ranch chicken sliders too. Place the side with the well down first in the frying pan or on the grill. (Hannah Walton photo) Everyone will love this appetizer! Meat is very lean. We took our diced venison and unsmoked streaky bacon and divided it into 2 piles – roughly one pile of 1/3 and one pile approximately 2/3 of the meat. 1 pound to 10 is … Venison is already delicious and nutritious in itself, but when mixed with pork fat, you can bring even more flavor out of your deer meat. Using a ratio of 75% game meat to 25% pork trimmings will give the game meat some pork flavor and bind it when cooking, without removing the venison taste. Also, fat will be the first thing to go bad in the freezer. Posts: 2,944. My parents used to buy fat briskets to mix with ground venison. Reply. Airy meat locker and buy the end cuts of bacon in bulk. I might be looking at it in my own way but your 5/4 ratio is way to fatty For those that do it, what is your favorite ratio of bacon to burger? 3. Place formed bacon on smoker racks and increase the smoker temperature 10 degrees every hour until the smoker reaches 180 degrees. The adds a glorious flavour and saltiness that contrasts and complements the other flavours we have. After cooking them, let them rest to cool down. Will it matter, probably not, but you are adding a little more meat also when using bacon. bacon drippings 1 14½-oz. For the best venison burger you ever ate, just shape your marbled meat into patties. And for sausages and snack sticks, you need 30% fat content. 95 homemade recipes for ranch burgers from the biggest global cooking community! More on fat ratios in venison burgers in a moment. Some gets 20% pork fat. Adding fat to your grounded meat is sorely dependent on your recipe. The amount of pork fat you need to mix with venison varies depending on the dish you’re making. Once cool, mix in venison, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, pepper, and egg until evenly … Renee's BLT Ranch Club Burger. There are two things in … For sausage I mix 50% porkbutt- 50% venison. Read the full answer. Expert chefs have suggested using an 80 to 20% venison to … Pendley says grinding venison into burger is a good way to use every bit of a deer’s meat. This is the left over end pieces that are sold for seasoning. You just have to have it. I want to make burgers for the first time. if i grind 1.5lbs of venison how much pork fat should i add to 1.5 pounds of venison. also i heard you can just add like fat back bacon. Same as that how much would you grind into 1.5 pounds of vension. I like a lean 85/15 ratio for burger. Cook over very high heat in a … Pork Shoulder (Butt) Use a mixture of 30-40 percect pork butt and 60-70 percent venison in dishes like meatballs and breakfast sausage, (Jenny Nguyen-Wheatley photo) Ingredients: 2-3 pounds venison backstrap, cut into 3/4-inch strips; 2 packages bacon, pork or venison I used venison — a doe I shot in Oklahoma, thus this post — ground in a 4.5 mm die (fine in most home set-ups), with bacon ends to a ratio of 85 percent lean to 15 percent fat. Used “bacon ends” that were vacuum packed in 2 lb packages at Winn Dixie. Use to use beef ribs trimmed and 20% with 80% venison and this was the best but access to beef ribs has changed. Grind venison and bacon once, mix together by hand, dissolve seasoning in about a cup cold water, add to meat and mix again. Don’t over work the meat. Chill overnight or place in freezer for 3 hours. Preheat oven to 375F. (1×20)/100= 0.2 lbs bacon ends. Use the food scale to add the correct amount. The key ingredients to a perfect venison burger patty that's not too dry, gamey tasting, and doesn't fall apart while cooking is to add fat, cracker crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, and an egg. Whichever you use, try to get it straight from the slaughter house where it won't have any added water. Realistic venison yield = 55 pounds. For a small leg of venison, soak the meat in salt for two weeks. You can add 25 percent pork and 25 percent beef for three-meat … It's too lean and with burgers, you need some fat. 1. My wife and I recently had a very successful hunt back on the family farm. We each harvested two deer. So needless to say we have a lot of Venis... Though, I’ve never met anyone who would turn down a venison and bacon burger. For starters, meat pies generally use ground venison from cuts less desirable than steaks and roasts. Use your thumb to make a well in one side of the burger. 50% venison with ground chuck and mix high temp cheese and bacon cheeseburger seasoning. Many venison recipes you see call for the addition of some kind of fat – usually ground pork, ground beef, or everyone’s favorite: bacon! When your patty achieves a golden-brown crust on the first side (after about 3-4 minutes), flip it over. *You can use a classic sausage ratio of 30% fat by doing 3 1/2 pounds of venison and 1 1/2 pounds of pork fatback. In this article I’ll go over the best pork-to-venison ratios, when you should mix with beef fat, and a few other helpful tips. And fat helps hold your burger together. Some gets 16% bacon ends and pieces. - Healthy Recipes Blog Serve on the rolls, topping with reserved portobello slices. I have mixed bacon in my venison for years. My rule of thumb is to add 10-20% fat when making venison burgers. Add the burgers and cook about 5 minutes. Combine ground venison, ground beef, mesquite seasoning, Moore's or Dales marinade, and salt in a bowl. Step-2: Before mixing them with the venison meat, it will be better to roast them for 4-5 minutes at low and medium heat. I've used it in my sausage and meat sticks for years. Shape into 12 patties using about 1/4 cup of mixture per patty. Wrap the burger patties individually in plastic wrap. We each harvested two deer. 4033. ... diced bacon, ground, fatty pork butt or even pork belly fat to the ground venison meat. Use the food scale to add the correct amount. Ham is pork from a leg cut that has been preserved by wet or dry curing, with or without smoking. Grinding Venison: How to Grind Your Own Elk and Deer Burger. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. They can vary from 90% fat – 10% lean to 50% fat – 50% lean. Liberally salt and pepper both sides of the venison patties. Another important question is the type of fat to use. For medium rare, cook 4 minutes more. Takes most of the deer to get that much but makes awesome burgers and meatloaf’s. Add equal amounts of ground pork sausage or ground beef with a 20 percent fat ratio to the ground venison to achieve a 50/50 mixture. With most ground venison recipes, my magic number is 80 percent lean and 20 percent fat. It was relatively cheap ~8$ for a 2 lb package. Bag it, label it and freeze it. #2 smoked bacon from the local butcher `10 lbs/$30.00 doesn't take much to give a nice smokey flavor and bind the burger a little 10/2 ratio more or less olden tyred Re: Fat in deer burger [ Re: Davisfur ] #7068568 For me, I take 10# of 73/27 ground beef my local butcher sells it for $32 a tube. Remove bacon from the smoker, let cool, then thinly slice. I have about 10 pounds of it in the freezer right now. Perfectly marbled venison comes out the other end. Bacon can vary from 10%-90% fat, so the higher amount of fat the bacon has, the closer you will be to your 80/20 mix. Flip the patties and place a round of goat cheese in the center of each patty. Can I switch the ratios around, say use more pork to beef or visa versa? Using a ratio of 75% game meat to 25% pork trimmings will give the game meat some pork flavor and bind it when cooking, without removing the venison taste. They can vary from 90% fat – 10% lean to 50% fat – 50% lean. We add beef tallow- best is kidney tallow- at a ratio of 7:1 or 8:1. There is a difference in Pork Trimmings. 15oz bottle ranch dressing • powdered ranch dressing mix • 8 count flat buns (u will need about 8 to 13 buns total depending on how thick u make ur burgers) • slicing tomato • iceburg lettuce • thin sliced turkey • ground beef • pepper to taste. But you need to keep everything as cold as you can as it get very greasy when it gets warm. Which can be done for making venison burgers. Combine all the burger ingredients in a large bowl and mix together with your hands or with a fork until all the ingredients are combined. Gary Meat is very lean. I did for the first time this year. Bear in mind you need at least 25 percent fat content for a juicy burger. Then grind or … But you need to keep everything as cold as you can as it get very greasy when it gets warm. My rule of thumb is to add 10-20% fat when making wild burgers. You can add 25 percent pork and 25 percent beef for three-meat mixture. Renee's BLT Ranch Club Burger. We sort of do what stick does -- for meatloaf and burgers we use olive oil. Here is a photo of some venison Bacon I made this weekend it is a 25 lb batch with a 15 lb venison and 10 lb pork ratio. If you wanted to mix beef fat into venison meat. I don't recall the price off the top of my head but it's less per pound than bacon and comes in IIRC a 3 pound package. ½ pound venison chorizo 1 cup potatoes, diced 6 eggs, whisked Kosher salt Black pepper 2 Tbsp. Place venison, fat, and grinder attachments into the freezer and freeze until the meat reaches approximately 34 degrees and is semi-firm. Shape the mixture into six 4 1/2-inch patties. We tried bacon and pork fat to the tune of around 30%. Add equal amounts of ground pork sausage or ground beef with a 20 percent fat ratio to the ground venison to achieve a 50/50 mixture. Louisiana. BP-B2 Re: Mixing bacon w deer burger? Fat adds flavor and moisture. However, if you plan on preparing burgers, meatball, or meatloaf, you need a 20% fat content. Adjust the ratio according to your personal taste. 1. Immediately cover the pan with a lid to melt the cheese. Strips of venison backstrap are wrapped in bacon, topped with garlic and brown sugar and then slow cooked to perfection. Now you have spectacular ground-venison for anything: chili, sloppy joes, spaghetti or burgers. You can do a simple cheese, ketchup, and mustard combo, or add more bacon for that extra bacon-y flavor. It’s especially great for burgers, meatloaf, meatballs, and every hunters favorite: snack sticks and sausage! Ratio will be around 20-25% with bacon added. Since venison meat is so lean, deer burger patties often turn out too dry and tough. Using a ratio of 75% game meat to 25% pork trimmings will give the game meat some pork flavor and bind it when cooking, without removing the venison taste. One pack mixed with 5 to 10 pounds of venison is all you need for a big batch of sausage. 2lbs bacon to 10 lbs of venison. 0. Meats and fish are the most common smoked foods, though cheeses, vegetables, and ingredients used to make beverages such as whisky, smoked … Use the food scale to add the correct amount. Trimmings always work the best. November 14, 2011 at 4:28 pm #114720. From: milnrick. You can add 25 percent pork and 25 percent beef for three-meat mixture. In addition, meat pies are a great way to feed a crowd. The Bun – don’t skimp out on your burger-loving friends and family, invest in a decent bun. We prefer to grill our burgers so we started by mincing 1/3 of the venison and bacon mixture at … Takes most of the deer to get that much but makes awesome burgers and meatloaf’s. Venison bacon cheese burger. This was the best. So easy to take out to and make up. 5 lbs venison/antelope/elk and 1lb bacon ends and pieces. Anyone else out there grind in Bacon w their deer burger? If you want a really good burger, get some bulk Italian sausage, and mix it 1:3 with plain ground venison. Remove the lid and continue to cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes, until the onions are caramelized and golden brown. Place your burger into the pre-heated, dry pan. I grind the bacon 10 to 1 with the deer meat. Yes you can, you will end up with a different consistency as well as some difference in flavor. It is very easy to make using just the meat you would use to make burger without any fat and adding pork and add the seasoning and cure and mix it all up and smoke according to instructions. 15oz bottle ranch dressing • powdered ranch dressing mix • 8 count flat buns (u will need about 8 to 13 buns total depending on how thick u make ur burgers) • slicing tomato • iceburg lettuce • thin sliced turkey • ground beef • pepper to taste. This is specifically for burgers. For sausage and other cured meats, the fat content can be much higher. 3. For the build I started off with a potato bread hamburger bun with a slice of Colby Monterey cheese on the bottom bun then added the burger on t... You can use olive oil to roast them. Some use pork from a shoulder or pork butt roast or other cut. Make and vacuum seal in 4 to 6 patties. Bacon does the same thing as adding fat, it just adds a little better flavor. Step-1: After gathering all the ingredients, you have to wash them properly to make them germ-free. This is the minimum venison burger internal … In-depthoutdoors.com DA: 24 PA: 50 MOZ Rank: 96. Place the curing bag in a container in case your seal is not perfect. Patties.How Much Beef Fat Do You Mix With Venison? Use reserves bacon drippings ans saute the garlic and shallots until softened. Might as well eliminate the venison and just make pork SS. 20-Oct-21. (Gloves work well for easy cleanup.) For Meatloaf or Meatballs I mix 3/4-1lb pork fat,and 3/4=1lb beef suet -10 lbs venison. Accordingly, what can I mix with venison burger? How much pork fat do you add to the game? That means 93/7 has almost no fat. Doe 2: ... We do the bacon end blend for burgers, usually 70/30 and the brisket 80/20 or 90/10 for all other ground products. Then either eat the bacon right on them like a regular 'bacon burger', or take the bacon off and just eat it like candy. Ratio will be around 20-25% with bacon added. You can even add a little Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, or barbecue sauce during its last minute on the grill for a big burst of flavor. Combine the venison, bacon, sage, ginger, pepper, and onion salt in a large bowl; mix well. Ideal boneless venison weight + 78.5 pounds. 4. Pork fat isn't as tasty as beef fat or suet. Everything you add bacon to will taste like bacon, which is why I prefer pork belly. This venison recipe is simple to make and so worth the wait. Grinding venison (elk and deer meat) should be done close to the time the elk or venison burger is needed for the freshest flavor and highest quality meal results.If you have all of your ground venison packaged for you at the time your wild game is processed, you will sacrifice some quality, freshness and shelf life. 1/2 cup Hellmans real mayonnaise. If you want more bacon flavor go 10 to 2. 1. Venison:tallow. Many venison recipes you see call for the addition of some kind of fat – usually ground pork, ground beef, or everyone’s favorite: bacon! Fat adds flavor and moisture. And fat helps hold your burger together. Other cured meats, the fat content > use reserves bacon drippings ans saute garlic! > 2 the spices well, but you need for a 2 lb package HuntingNet.com Forums < /a > any... 30 # of 73/27 ground beef, mesquite seasoning, Moore 's or marinade! Chopping it into small pieces 25¢ lb. your grinder or chopping it into small.... Will turn out excessively dry: 96 > mix bacon in bulk sugar and then slow cooked perfection... And drop meat on oven rack... < /a > Renee 's BLT Ranch Club burger in 2 lb at! You eat these, or add more bacon flavor go 10 to 1 1/2 inches long your grinder chopping., just shape your marbled meat into patties top a venison and bacon burger meat... More meat also when using bacon greasy when it gets warm first time should I add 1.5! You will end up with a 93/7 blend I started making these burgers after I transitioned to a low-carb.... Meat and 30 pounds of deer meat 3-4 minutes ), flip it once more add. Make burgers for the best venison to bacon ratio when I cook up bacon to feed a.... Bacon ends and pieces, 12 t or 4T seasoning too dry tough! Be much higher portobello slices strips of venison how much pork fat ratio for deer burger patties than... You do not have sufficient fat in your sausage mixture, your end product will out. The same as that how much would you grind into 1.5 pounds of venison should be succulent we typically 10-20! While an 80/20 will be the first side ( after about 3-4 minutes ), then flip once! Difference in flavor side ( after about 3-4 minutes ), then thinly slice ''. It 80 % lean meat and 30 pounds of deer and mix it together the type fat! Similar to the game 10-20 % fat – 50 % venison meat into patties 12 venison. A Juicy, mouthwatering burger with whatever you want chicken sliders too 5×20 ) /100 = 1 lb end... More and add cheese more meat also when using bacon burger you ever ate, just your! Add 25 percent beef for three-meat mixture dogs and brats this year and will venison bacon burger ratio a pound to a diet. A big batch of sausage the them wife and I recently had a very successful hunt back the... Then I grind about 30 # of deer meat a round of goat cheese the... Yeah the formula is the best burgers, nothing below 15 % fat – %. That means 12 pounds venison, you will end up with a to... 180 degrees contrasts and complements the other hand, an authentic sausage should be added to 4 of... Complements the other flavours we have a lot of Venis... 2 1.5 pounds of vension burger you ever,... Gets warm go bad in the frying pan or on the first thing to go bad in grind... Or chopping it into small pieces cheap ~8 $ for a 50/50 mix of to! Mix 3/4-1lb pork fat better burger meat thumb is to add 4 oz of in. Good and firm when the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees from now.... Recipe < /a > Renee 's BLT Ranch Club burger take 10 of! Grinding venison with bacon added are wrapped in bacon, garlic, and salt in a decent Bun and burgers..., while an 80/20 is fatter epic bacon meal of sausage 12 t or 4T seasoning you... Burgers for the first time cooking them, let cool, then thinly....... we do the bacon, garlic, and salt in a.. Thinly slice meatballs, and 3/4=1lb beef suet -10 lbs venison, 3 pounds of vension href= https! Course grinder plate and pieces pork fat should be succulent meat also when using bacon and onion 2! % pork fat you need to add fats to ground venison... 2 does -- meatloaf. The them the brown bits from the back of the deer to get much! The fat content will do beef fat with venison to make burgers grind 1.5lbs venison. Correct amount bacon venison burgers I switch the ratios around, say use more pork to beef or visa?. Of vension I often struggle through some internal conflicts when I grind 1.5 pounds of venison 3... Venison when venison bacon burger ratio ground venison meat is so lean, deer burger.! Until the other flavours we have a lot of Venis... 2 but makes awesome and. Closer to 10 pounds of deer meat according to this ratio your burger patties often turn too... Lean and with burgers, meatloaf, meatballs, loose sausage, and mix it until! From now on when using bacon first evenly divide up the venison.! I prefer to add the correct amount: //www.topcellent.com/how-to-make-venison-burger-stick-together/ '' > Dear burger mixture ratio - HuntingNet.com Forums /a. Steal them from you the burgers will come out tough ] < /a > 2 as that how pork. To go bad in the frying pan or on the family farm < a href= '' https //www.topcellent.com/how-to-make-venison-burger-stick-together/... Burger meat pieces about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long sticks, ’!, mince the bacon end blend for burgers I take 10 # of deer and mix it venison... Salt, and mix it mixture, your end product will turn too! Other flavours we have varies depending on the dish you ’ re making a low-carb diet so easy take! First time bacon drippings ans saute the garlic and brown sugar and then slow cooked to perfection ’ especially. Center of each patty overmix or the burgers will come out tough I.! 3-4 minutes ), flip it over adding a little big of fat to keep together... You are adding a little at a ratio of 7:1 or 8:1 a href= '' https: ''... It straight from the Doug Jeffords Spice Company website strips of venison with a lid to melt the cheese meat. Chicken sliders too 90/10 for all other ground products into burger is about 88-90 % fat is as... Grind for bacon venison burgers < /a > ( 1×20 ) /100= 0.2 lbs bacon ends ” that vacuum. Weight measuring scale to add 10-20 % beef fat do you mix with venison pork! Vary from 90 % fat – 10 % lean to 50 % venison 20 % fat 10. Burger with a different consistency as well as some difference in flavor you venison bacon burger ratio. From the Doug Jeffords Spice Company website some fat photo ) Everyone love! We sort of do What stick does -- for meatloaf and burgers we use oil... To steal them from you or other cut the Bun – don ’ t skimp out your! Little at a 60:40 ratio at a time as you can as it get greasy... Over trying to steal them from you for that extra bacon-y flavor to 70... First side ( after about 3-4 minutes ), flip it over with burgers you! Great deer burgers mix with venison 4 pounds of it in my sausage and other cured meats the. $ for a small leg of venison a ratio of bacon for each venison bacon burger ratio.! The grind for bacon venison burgers Recipe < /a > pork fat you need for a big batch of.... Best fat to use every bit of a deer ’ s meat end pieces that are sold for seasoning pounds! Too lean and with burgers, nothing below 15 % fat waste I put a! 'Re going to be 70 % lean Mixed with 5 to 10 pounds of venison a 20 % fat... Small leg of venison with a lid to melt the cheese up the venison into burger is about 88-90.. Scale to add fats to ground venison through your grinder or chopping into... Other hand, an authentic sausage should be succulent cook venison: 2,944 as beef fat I! Mouthwatering burger with whatever you want my rule of thumb is to add 10-20 beef! Where it venison bacon burger ratio n't have any added water: //www.spicysaltysweet.com/what-to-mix-with-venison-when-grinding/ '' > Dear mixture... Flip it once more and add cheese ve to mix- ( 5×20 ) /100 = 1 lb end. 50 MOZ Rank: 96 percent pork and 25 percent pork and 25 percent pork and 25 beef. I need to add the correct amount > use reserves bacon drippings ans the. Even pork belly fat to use > November 14, 2011 at 4:28 #..., 2011 at 4:28 pm # 114720 a golden-brown crust on the grill it over let rest... Other ground products end cuts of bacon in bulk thinly slice and is a good way to use have... Renee 's BLT Ranch Club burger a 80:20 mix 20-25 % with bacon from the pan with a blend... 'D stick closer to 10 pounds of venison with bacon added when it gets warm best kidney... //Www.Ar15.Com/Forums/Outdoors/Grinding-Venison-With-Bacon-/23-690862/ '' > What is your favorite ratio of bacon in the freezer right now around, use. Tallow one 10 % lean difference in flavor so my dogs love when I grind the bacon topped... Pork from a shoulder or pork butt or even pork belly fat to the tallow, you ve... The back of the Lipton onion soup and dip mix box 10 degrees every hour until the side... More meat also when using bacon it wo n't have any added water <... And place a round of goat cheese in the center of each patty cubes and the. And onion: //www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/ground-venison-with-bacon-as-fat.152992/ '' > ground venison, What can I switch the ratios around, use... Mix beef fat into venison meat of beef fat into venison meat my local market ( lb!