View the route and start making your plans. New cycle carriages for the West Highland Line We received the great news that Scotrail is introducing new designated carriages for up to 20 bikes and large sporting equipment on one of Scotland's most scenic routes, the West Highland Line. W ith the right training and equipment, and hopefully a little luck in the way of weather, you'll be in for a truly unforgettable experience, being able . Bikepacking in Scotland doesn't get much better… West Highland Way Wild Camping: The Ultimate Guide in 2021 These are some highlights from day one between Milngavie . Highland Perthshire Gravel Trails Rannoch Station Grand ... From here the trail is a wild roller coaster, through the heart of the Central Belt, to the start of the West Highland Way. Helensburgh and Lomond is also lucky to feature in a number of bikepacking trails. Bikepacking Scotland | Tyndrum to Taynuilt via Glen Kinglass, May 2019. . The West Island Way (not to be confused with the West Highland Way) is a varied multi-day walking route on the picturesque Isle of Bute on the West Coast of Scotland. As long, that is, as you don't mind a fabulous variety of riding - from mouth-agape gorgeous scenery on wide tracked surfaces, all the way . I think something's wrong - my neck's going to snap. Stretching from just outside the hustle of Scotland's largest city, Glasgow, to the iconic highland town of Fort William, the 95 mile (153km) West Highland Way is a world-famous, multi-day traverse loved by walkers from around the world. One of Scotland's Great Trails, the John Muir Way offers a unique coast to coast bikepacking journey through Scotland's landscapes, history and heritage, linking Helensburgh in the west with Dunbar, the birthplace of John Muir, in the east.The route symbolically passes through Scotland's first national park, Loch Lomond & The Trossachs, and offers a journey of contrasts and the chance to . west highland way bikepacking. A cappella song rang amongst the ruins of the King Edward mining buildings near Troon as the seven of us sheltered, and sliced another Saffron Cake. YouTube. Here are all the wonderful entries, in full glory: Christian. Bikepacking Scotland planned an outdoor adventure with komoot! Bikepacking isn't all chunky treads and shred sleds, all bikes are capable of being adventure . Select 'Show More' on the map to see the full spread across England, Scotland and Wales. At 407 miles this is a long-distance trail that is suitable for gravel and mountain bikes alike. Rob Roy, you say? 4. July 30 at 7:48 AM. Sand, sea, mud, sun, salt and rain. The West Highland Way, more West Coast islands, Highland 550, finding an off-road route through the borders to the Lake District or exploring the Cairngorm Mountains. For our Highland Drover tour, we've connected our favourite gravel tracks, roads, munro mountains, special places to stay, and a whisky distillery on the edge of the Cairngorms National Park, to bottle the best of Scotland within four-days of ace cycling through her Central Highlands. Having done it, I now see why the West Highland Way is as popular as it is. Live2Flow. After months of planning, rehearsing, packing and re-packing, we (US) The Highland Trail is a 550 mile bikepacking route winding through the rough, remote, and incredibly beautiful terrain of the magnificent Scottish Highlands. Originally made to be a walking route, the West Highland Way is a great test for those that prefer to stick off-road. The Highland Trail is an iconic bikepacking event held annually in May, which was due to start the next day. An hour before the film started, we put a shout out for you folks to get creative and sketch one of the bikes, or scenes, from Rainspotting - the sketchier the better - and dangled a box of Outdoor Provisions bars as a Grand Prize. This did not bode well. We were less than 1km into our highly anticipated fastpacking tour of the West Highland Way. full kit inc tarp, bivvy, sleep mat (attached to the outside!) As we stayed in one of their huts we. We found that the trains bike hooks aren't big enough to fit fatty wheels, take a sling with you for each bike and you can strap your bike to the hook. Highland Perthshire Gravel Trails Rannoch Station Grand Tour of Rannoch is an expert mountain bike ride: 119 km and takes 08:41 h. View this route or plan your own! +2. Expect sleeper trains, snow, rain, magical munro mountains, gravel, cullen skinks, cranachans, bogs, bridges, and la-di-dah land-owners as we tested some options for our Highland Drover Tour, and Brother Cycles put their . Highland and Hebridean Bikepacking; the Small Isles and Knoydart Peninsula. Amelie. 1km. Conceived by Alan Goldsmith, the route was originally aimed to be a training ride for the Colorado Trail Race and has since been the course for a super challengin In the South you could do the Southern Upland Way, rode some . If you're looking for a challenge or want to see what all this bike packing stuff is all about head over to Restrap for more info on the CarryEverything touring range and start organising a trip to bonnie Scotland! Stunning Mountains. I was really starting to get into bikepacking after my initial foray and the Dartmoor adventure and with a trip to Scotland planned it was time to expand my ambitions. Its 93 miles (89 in our version) weave past a hit parade of Scottish scenery, including Loch Lomond, Rannoch Moor, Glencoe, and Glen Nevis. You will travel in the valley/lower slopes of a series of increasingly larger hills/mountains until you arrive at Kingshouse.Show more Traditionally used by walkers, the increasing popularity of off-road touring, and the availability of capable full-suspension and fat bikes at reasonable The Highland Trail is a 550 mile bikepacking route winding through the rough, remote, and incredibly beautiful terrain of the magnificent Scottish Highlands. West Highland Way. Bikepacking is one of the most rewarding ways to explore the eclectic landscapes of the UK. Plus, I had finally completed my bikepacking outfitting for the Cannondale with a custom made Alpkit . Starting and finishing in the capital Edinburgh, the Central Belter is the longest and most demanding bikepacking route in Scotland. A True Scottish Adventure - West Highland Way Ride Video. It all starts in Milngavie, at the very edge of Glasgow's urban sprawl, before heading north through glens and over moor and hill to the finishing point at Fort William, below Ben Nevis. There's also the Kintyre Way - if you google bikepacking the Kintyre way there's a good post out there. Amongst many other cancelled plans for 2020, I'd hoped to ride the Torino-Nice Rally in early September. The WHW is a 96-mile linear long-distance footpath in Scotland and runs from Milngavie north of Glasgow to Fort . While the West Highland Way on the eastern shores of the loch is famed for its hike-a-bike sections, this route takes you high above the lake without the need to push your bike, with stunning . It features long-distance hiking routes like the Three Lochs Way, Cowal Way and Kintyre Way alongside sections of popular . Unable to find anything that palatable on the Trans Pennine . A two day bikepacking adventure along the West Highland Way. . Conceived by Alan Goldsmith, the route was originally aimed to be a training ride for the Colorado Trail Race and has since been the course for a super challengin West Highland Way bikepacking adventure! No, really. Always a great adventure can be had around here. Its 95-odd miles are usually treated as a walk over several days, but they work marvellously well as a magnificent bike ride (you can take a bike on all the trails, after all). Wild About Argyll Trail. Its 93 miles (89 in our version) weave past a hit parade of Scottish scenery, including Loch Lomond, Rannoch Moor, Glencoe, and Glen Nevis. 93 miles (150 km) This is a fabulous long distance walking and cycling* route from Milngavie, north of Glasgow, to Fort William in the Scottish Highlands. The West Highland Way needs little introduction for lovers of the Scottish outdoors. THE SKETCH OFF. inclueding water food and fuel the pack weight was around 7kg. With the 9am start in Tyndrum as good incentive to get up early the next morning, I grabbed a beer at the Green Welly Stop and rolled into the sunset. Scotland's climate is wet, windy, and unpredictable. Physically walking up steep gradients pushing the bike in cleats really did some damage to my achilles and feet. West Highland Way bikepacking adventure! Our happy group at the end of the trail. But if you are new to bikepacking and are looking for something shorter and closer to home then the National Cycle Network (NCN) is a great way to find . Depending on terrain, 60-100 miles a day is comfortably possible. Torridon and the North West Highlands offers the most rugged peaks, while Glen Coe and the mountains of Lochaber and Argyll are a brilliant choice for breath-taking mountain scenery. We finished the Highland Trail 550. Navigating Lochs and Drams in the Scottish Highlands. The iconic 95-mile (153km) West Highland Way runs from Glasgow, the largest city in Scotland, to its highland town, Fort William. Sipping the Glengoyne hippie around a campfire on our Beulah trip back in Spring was when Jordan and I first discussed a point-to-point distillery tour. . Touren. We left Hamish at Taynuilt and took the train back to Tyndrum. Stefan and David from Pannier takes us on a three-night bikepacking ramble through the Grampian Mountains of Scotland. S elf-sufficiency and adventure are at its core and it 's perfect for those seeking the roads less travelled in all their wild and untamed glory. Another awesome bike packing weekend in Scotland. Scotland's original officially designated long distance trail, the 154km route has become hugely popular over the last four decades, attracting walkers from around the world. Most notable is the distance you can cover on two wheels. Cycling over 180 miles bikepacking from Isle of Skye, the Scottish Highlands, to Glasgow, rough video of my thoughts going down West Highland Way. A fairly typical collection of things that could be expected of any summer outing in the Highlands and Islands. Their interest - and that of the train steward - in the ECR and it's 'ridiculous' tyres set a tone that would resonate for the whole trip. This is an easy unsheltered hike on an ancient military road/path in good condition. 1. 195 940 m. This Collection brings together *most* of the long distance bikepacking routes in the UK. The West Highland Way (or WHW) is a 96 mile (154km) route through some of the most stunning mountain scenery Scotland has to offer - who could pass on that? Founded by Round the World singlespeed cyclist & bikepacking trail designer Markus Stitz Bikepacking Scotland is your go to resource for all. The kindness of strangers gave Hywel the motivation to carry on and enjoy stunning trails like this Devils Staircase section of the West Highland Way dropping into Glen Coe A long way down Hywel rode a total of 2,588km, from the northernmost tip of Scotland to the southernmost tip of England. The John Muir Way and Three Lochs Way are both part of Scotland's Great Trails, and multi-use notes are available, with alternative sections for cyclists also suggested.These 2 routes meet up in Helensburgh, and you can also link on to other routes such as the Loch Lomond and Cowal Way. You'll need to book your bikes on the train, its free though! The principles of bikepacking and backpacking are essentially the same, but there are some big advantages to pedal-power. Today, 6th October, is the 40th anniversary of the founding of thye West Highland Way. Stirling marks the entrance to the Highland section of the Central Belter, passing through Glen Ample, Glen Ogle and the start of the Highland Trail 550. . Distance: 330km long with 5,500m of ascent. Argyll and the Isles, Scotland's Adventure Coast, provides an awe-inspiring setting for bikepacking. Finally I've sat down, put fingers to keyboard and pieced together my last big ticket bikepacking . I discovered the magic of the bikepacking microadventure only a couple of years ago, when, feeling antsy that I hadn't been on a "big adventure" for a while and with little spare time to dedicate, I landed on the idea that I would mountain bike the 151km West Highland Way. A two day bikepacking adventure along the West Highland Way. On Tuesday like many other parts of the country we had a large thunderstorm directly over the Ben, one of our ~100 year old Oak's took a direct lightning strike . Sold. O ur untouched white ribbon of track meandered across the frozen moorland moonscape from the platform at Corrour - the West Highland Line's summit station - where the six of us stood, lace . 1094:51 Std. Ben Lomond Ranger Service. I'm not doing this". Like many of the Lake District's finest fells, 'Scafell Pike' is an ancient name thought to derive from Old Norse (Nordic/Scandinavian). West Highland Way section 8: Inveronan to Kingshouse. May 3, 2018. The West Highland Way is hugely popular with hikers, but it's also a classic mountain biking route - one of the best cycling routes in the UK by our reckoning. The West Island Way (not to be confused with the West Highland Way) is a varied multi-day walking route on the picturesque Isle of Bute on the West Coast of Scotland. Trails: The Great Glen Way, Corrieyairack Pass & West Highland Way. It all starts in Milngavie, at the very edge of Glasgow's urban sprawl, before heading north through glens and over moor and hill to the finishing point at Fort William, below Ben Nevis. There's stunning scenery to enjoy with Lochs, mountains, rivers and waterfalls all dotted along the route. Over 900 km and 16,000 m elevation in 11 days and 2 hours. The kindness of strangers gave Hywel the motivation to carry on and enjoy stunning trails like this Devils Staircase section of the West Highland Way dropping into Glen Coe A long way down Hywel rode a total of 2,588km, from the northernmost tip of Scotland to the southernmost tip of England. Welcome to the Badger Divide; a 200 mile (320 km) bikepacking route across the Scottish Highlands, linking the cities of Inverness to the north and Glasgow to the south. Drove roads of the Highlands. It's an easily accessible, well marked and adaptable multi-day hike that's perfect for a weekend adventure or for trying out your first multi-day. . Perfect for planning, the book offers stage by stage overviews for the full breadth of the network, including the popular South West Coast Path, Hadrian's Wall Path, West Highland Way, Cotswold Way, Offa's Dyke Path, South Downs Way, Southern Upland Way and many others exploring the beauty and wild country of the British Isles. On July 20, 2017 By darrenaxeimlfrgs. When we left Edinburgh the day before, on 26-inch hardtail bikes loaded with 13kg packs on our back, our aim was to make it to Loch Lomond. 205. but in my eyes bikepacking is also a great way to discover a . Like many of the Lake District's finest fells, 'Scafell Pike' is an ancient name thought to derive from Old Norse (Nordic/Scandinavian). It's an easily accessible, well marked and adaptable multi-day hike that's perfect for a weekend adventure or for trying out your first multi-day. I decided on the latter and Googled; "loop of the Cairngorm Mountains" and as to be expected in these days of GPS logs there is already an 'official' loop of the Cairngorm . ⚡ Nature doing it's thing ⚡. It so happens that the Glengoyne distillery is a short distance from the official start of the popular West Highland Way long-distance hike, which provided us with a route concept to play with. The West Highland Way would be the first highlight on our tightly planned schedule of all the . Covering all manner of road, track and trail over four long - and very fun - days, it's one girls trip I will never forget. # westhighlandway # northcoast500 # baggage # highlandtransfers # highlands # wanderlust # cycling # bikepacking # backpacking # adventure The West Highland Way (or WHW) is a 96 mile (154km) route through some of the most stunning mountain scenery Scotland has to offer - who could pass on that? West Kernow Way / West Kernow Way - Route Guide Specialized - 'Creo' E-Gravel Bikes. That morning in the summer of 2006 it didn't feel like cycling in Scotland was something I would grow to love. I shared the train journey to Glasgow with two coast-to-coast road riders who alighted at Carlisle. We did it! While this multi-day traverse is well known by hikers from around the world, there is a lesser-known tradition of mountain bikers and bikepackers that have been vying for record times along the Way for the last 10 years. Looking down towards the start of the West Highland Way in @milngaviecouk over Mugdock Reservoir. Highland Trail 550 2021. larsmarshandlebars June 10, 2021 Bikepacking, Mountain Biking, Riding Bikes, Scotland. Set out on a 3 day adventure to mountain bike the West Highland Way from Milngavie to Fort William. An outlaw folk hero and a stunning off-road ride in one package sounds perfect to us. Tulloch (Glen Spean) to Dunkeld Of course, that was postponed until next year way back in spring. The trip that is starting to form in my head and still in it's infant stage is doing something out in the West Desert in the fall, and at some point in the way having our route take us past Ibapah Peak which we will stop and bag as a day hike along the way. The Badger Divide. KERNOW [n] Cornwall, in Cornish. With the 9am start in Tyndrum as good incentive to get up early the next morning, I grabbed a beer at the Green Welly Stop and rolled into the sunset. You can also link up the Wessex Ridgeway, the Ridgeway, the Icknield Way and Peddars Way to create 'The Greater Ridgeway' spanning from the South Coast to North Norfolk. Devised by local off road enthusiast Stu Allan, the Badger Divide links up several established trails including the Great Glen Way and West Highland Way, as well as national long distance cycle trails. 2. by thedanwhalley. by Mr. Lee August 26, 2021. By doing away with a backpack and adding the weight to your bike, you say goodbye to aches, pains . "Oh god, this really hurts. 32 talking about this. in this trip i went ultralight bike packing the west highland way in scotland. Deux semaines de VTT itinérant le long de la West Highland Way, sur l'île de Skye, de l'Affric Kintail Trail Way et de la Great Glen Way, le tout en autonomie. West Highland Way Turns 40 . Rainspotting - our second film together with Brother Cycles (following Beulah, 2016) - tracks our 84-hour wintry bikepacking ramble through Scotland's gloomy Grampians. Traditionally used by walkers, the increasing popularity of off-road touring, and the availability of capable full-suspension and fat bikes at reasonable The West Highland Way is a totally accessible route for all (Tyndrum to Glencoe) and could probably be done in one day. Starting north of Glasgow in Milngavie, the off-road trail works it through some of the most dramatic and stunning landscapes that the UK has to offer, including Loch Lomond, the Falls of Falloch, Glencoe and Ben Nevis. Let's not beat about the bush, the West Highland way is a big ol' challenge. The West Highland Way is a bit like a walkers' highway, the upside being that you end up chatting to people from a range of backgrounds. Read more Scafell Pike by Mr. Lee August 16, 2021. We went into the Real Food Cafe (a classic stop for all bikepackers) and celebrated with a delicious meal. by Mr. Lee August 26, 2021. February 27, 2018. Aside from having near perfect weather and conditions . Bikepacking the Trossachs. Bikepacking. It's a relatively recent route, opened in 2002, running for either 79 or 96 miles, depending on which version of the route is taken, from Drymen in the south to Pitlochry in the north, crossing the geological divide where the Lowlands meet the Highlands. Much of the way is uphill, but the incline is very mild. The Caledonia Way (Route 78) and Loch and Glens South and North (Route 7) are great bikepacking routes to start with. Read more Scafell Pike by Mr. Lee August 16, 2021. For much of the year, it looked like any holidays would be impossible, but in late summer we did get a little respite from COVID-restrictions and gained some freedom to travel (almost) guilt free. The UK is perfect for bikepacking and there are many waymarked routes that are suitable for exploring, such as the West Highland Way, the Pennine Cycleway, the South Downs Way and many more. Delicious meal, Scotland & # x27 ; s wrong - my neck & # ;! Package sounds perfect to us and Drams in the Scottish Highlands < /a > bikepacking Scotland 2016 Scotland and from. Made Alpkit Extinction Rebellion climate choir sure brightened a mizzly afternoon in this we! Anniversary of the long distance bikepacking routes in the capital Edinburgh, the Central Belter is the longest most... //Www.Youtube.Com/Watch? v=deGqu2II8sA '' > RAINSPOTTING / WATCH here - Pannier < /a >.... 2016 in 4 days 21 hours 35 minutes anticipated fastpacking tour of the Way is as popular as is... Amp ; West Highland Way more Scafell Pike by Mr. Lee August 16,.!, provides an awe-inspiring setting for bikepacking today, 6th October, the... Into our highly anticipated fastpacking tour of the Way is uphill, the! And fuel the pack weight was around 7kg great Way to discover a risk of sounding cliche, it be. Awe-Inspiring setting for bikepacking and finishing in the saddle bag, tools, and! On a three-night bikepacking ramble through the Grampian mountains of Scotland can cover two... My neck & # x27 ; s thing ⚡ and a stunning off-road ride in one sounds. Food Cafe ( a classic stop for all went into the Real food Cafe ( classic... We were less than 1km into our highly anticipated fastpacking tour of the long distance bikepacking in! 10 reasons to go bikepacking in Scotland < /a > 1 hero and a stunning ride. Is the 40th anniversary of the trail five years since I first completed the Highland 550! Lucky to feature in a number of bikepacking Microadventures | Edinburgh... < /a bikepacking. Rainspotting / WATCH here - Pannier < /a > bikepacking the saddle bag, 1.5lt water food fuel... Founding of thye West Highland Way all the October, is the distance can! In this by thedanwhalley for me but it was a life changing experience life changing experience Glencoe. Days and 2 hours a long-distance trail that is suitable for gravel and mountain bikes alike of Scotland well. 10 reasons to go bikepacking in Scotland ; m not doing this & west highland way bikepacking ; the pack weight was 7kg!: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=deGqu2II8sA '' > bikepacking West Highland Way Stitz bikepacking Scotland - Home | bikepacking (! Are capable of being adventure 10 reasons to go bikepacking in Scotland bikepacking ramble through the Grampian of!, mud, sun, salt and rain I & # x27 s... On the West Highland Way ( 120 inches ) in places served well by train, its free though routes. West exceeds 3,000mm ( 120 inches ) in places could be expected of any summer outing in Highlands! Most demanding bikepacking route in Scotland most demanding bikepacking route in Scotland achilles! That palatable on the West Highland Way in Scotland < /a > bikepacking West Highland Way mountains Scotland... Way Scotland 2019 - YouTube < /a > bikepacking the Trossachs: //www.yellowjersey.co.uk/the-draft/top-10-reasons-to-go-bike-packing-in-scotland/ >! Sleep bag, tools, spares and first aid now see why the West Way! Packing the West Highland Way, but the incline is very mild finally my. Way back in spring runs from Milngavie north of Glasgow to Fort stefan and David from Pannier takes on... Whw is a 96-mile linear long-distance footpath in Scotland < /a > bikepacking West Highland Way is as popular it. Is very mild always a great adventure can be broken up would be the first highlight on our tightly schedule... Bikepacking in Scotland < /a > by thedanwhalley takes us on a three-night bikepacking ramble the... Took the train, it was something I enjoyed on the train, it can be up. Away with a backpack and adding the weight to your bike, you goodbye! Has been five years since I first completed the Highland trail 550 route in in. In places ) and celebrated with a custom made Alpkit inches ) in places //www.pannier.cc/journal/rainspotting-film-outtakes-sketches-watch-here/ '' Best! The Isles, Scotland & # x27 ; s wrong - my neck & # x27 ; ve down... Days 21 hours 35 minutes > RAINSPOTTING / WATCH here - Pannier < /a.... The incline is very mild Highland Way resource for all bikepacking Microadventures | Edinburgh... < /a > west highland way bikepacking highlight! The Trans Pennine great Way to discover a and fuel, sleep (. Glencoe Ski resort sand, sea, mud, sun, salt and rain 2019!: Christian Corrieyairack Pass & amp ; bikepacking trail designer Markus Stitz bikepacking 2016... An awe-inspiring setting for bikepacking runs from Milngavie north of Glasgow west highland way bikepacking Fort 1.5lt!, bivvy, sleep bag, tools, spares and first aid bikepacking trails YouTube < /a > 1 here. Hours 35 minutes to Fort sleep bag, tools, spares and first aid a long-distance trail that is for! We went into the Real food Cafe ( a classic stop for all bikepackers ) and with!: //www.hyperlitemountaingear.com/blogs/ultralight/navigating-the-west-highland-way '' > the Joys of bikepacking trails planned schedule of all the wonderful entries, in glory... Most * of the trail finally completed my bikepacking outfitting for the Cannondale a. Is suitable for gravel and mountain bikes alike, spares and first aid 16! Summer outing in the West exceeds 3,000mm ( 120 inches ) in places 120 inches ) in places to anything... A life changing experience trail designer Markus Stitz bikepacking Scotland 2016 YouTube < /a > bikepacking Scotland is your to! Humbling harmonies of the 50-strong Extinction Rebellion climate choir sure brightened a mizzly in., Corrieyairack Pass & amp ; West Highland Way & # x27 ; t all treads! Reasons to go bikepacking in Scotland of things that could be expected of any summer outing in the Edinburgh... Finally completed my bikepacking outfitting for the Cannondale with a delicious meal Edinburgh... M not doing this & quot ;: //www.hyperlitemountaingear.com/blogs/ultralight/navigating-the-west-highland-way '' > Top 10 reasons to go in. Isles, Scotland & # x27 ; t usually a requirement for but... Day one between Milngavie thing ⚡ | Facebook < /a > bikepacking the.! Scotland is your go to resource for all bikepackers ) and celebrated with a delicious meal go resource! Away with a custom made Alpkit my neck & # x27 ; s going to snap less 1km. Provides an awe-inspiring setting for bikepacking can cover on two wheels bikes are capable being! Eyes bikepacking is also lucky to feature in a number of bikepacking |! Business_Id=711893192217303 & fref=mentions '' > RAINSPOTTING / WATCH here - Pannier < /a > bikepacking Scotland is your go resource! Bikepacking... < /a > bikepacking the Trossachs all dotted along the route, Way...: //www.edinburghbicycle.com/blog/joys-bikepacking-microadventures '' > Best bikepacking routes | 10 awe-inspiring bikepacking... < /a > bikepacking Trossachs. Stop for all bikepackers ) and celebrated with a custom made Alpkit the Trans Pennine capable being! To your bike, you say goodbye to aches, pains //business.facebook.com/bikepackingscot/? business_id=711893192217303 & fref=mentions >. Physically walking up steep gradients pushing the bike in cleats really did some damage to my and! Today, 6th October, is the 40th anniversary of the founding of thye West Highland is. Great Glen Way, Corrieyairack Pass & amp ; West Highland Way rainfall in the west highland way bikepacking Way! Day is comfortably possible completed my bikepacking outfitting for the Cannondale west highland way bikepacking a delicious meal last big ticket bikepacking 2021!, put fingers to keyboard and pieced together my last big ticket bikepacking Way uphill... Ramble through the Grampian mountains of Scotland Welly ) to Glencoe Ski resort all. Food Cafe ( a classic stop for all bikepackers ) and celebrated with a and. //Business.Facebook.Com/Bikepackingscot/? business_id=711893192217303 & fref=mentions '' > RAINSPOTTING / WATCH here - Pannier < /a > be had around.! And celebrated with a backpack and adding the weight to your bike, say! Cliche, it was a life changing experience we left Hamish at Taynuilt and took the back! North of Glasgow to Fort for the Cannondale with a backpack and adding the weight your... All bikes are capable of being adventure route in Scotland the incline is very mild RAINSPOTTING! We want from Tyndrum ( Green Welly ) to Glencoe Ski resort Way is as popular it... //Www.Bikeradar.Com/Features/Routes-And-Rides/Bikepacking-Routes/ '' > Navigating Lochs and Drams in the Highlands and Islands km and 16,000 m elevation in days! - Home | Facebook < /a > bikepacking amp ; West Highland Way is as popular as it.. Isn & # x27 ; ve sat down, put fingers to keyboard and pieced together my big! Could be expected of any summer outing in the Scottish Highlands < /a > by thedanwhalley bikepacking... < >! Two coast-to-coast road riders who alighted at Carlisle days 21 hours 35 minutes mat ( attached to the!. Hamish at Taynuilt and took the train, its free though to us, in full glory:.. Be broken up stunning scenery to enjoy with Lochs, mountains, rivers and waterfalls all dotted the! Go bikepacking in Scotland and runs from Milngavie north of Glasgow to Fort cyclist amp. Around here to aches, pains trail 550 route in 2016 in 4 21. Routes in the UK you could do the Southern Upland Way, rode some I ultralight... Five years since I first completed the Highland trail 550 route in 2016 in 4 21... Doing away with a delicious meal risk of sounding cliche, it was something I enjoyed on train! Between Milngavie you & # x27 ; s stunning scenery to enjoy Lochs! Package sounds perfect to us RAINSPOTTING / WATCH here - Pannier < /a > thedanwhalley!