This new Savage MKII-F bolt action rifle is chambered for .17 Mach II. We liked the Marlin 917M2 because it was a pleasure to shoot an inexpensive bolt action rifle that handled and performed like a much bigger gun. The year was 2004, and the difference between the two rounds is this. We would rank gusting wind as the greatest agitate to accurate long distance shots. Many consumers felt the Mach 2 didn't do anything the HMR couldn't do better. This freed up our position and helped us avoid such pitfalls such as pressing the front of the magazine against the sandbag. Item currently sold out . The HMR was a wild success, and much of the industry wasnt ready for the unprecedented demand in .17 ammo and firearms. There are duties that the FFL Dealer is required to do during the process which include a criminal and mental health background check through NICS. As you can see from the accompanying chart and target photograph, the rifle turned in excellent accuracy. An early issue with Mach 2 was reliability in semi-auto actions, namely the Ruger 10/22. in "Marlin's Guide to Gun Safety", printed on this . This was the best performance at this distance, on average, among our three rifles, but results were close. Groups measuring less than a half inch were printed with both the Hornady and Remington ammunition. 854 0 obj <> endobj 876 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<73B4C51F9DF94DFE98052FBF9FF4D811>]/Index[854 44]/Info 853 0 R/Length 104/Prev 628540/Root 855 0 R/Size 898/Type/XRef/W[1 2 1]>>stream Today, the rifles we use are still constantly being updated and innovated to provide increases in durability and accuracy. A transfer-bar system was in place to help prevent accidental ignition. Now, I have to decide whether to finish the 10/17 version or buy another 22 barrel from E R Shaw and cut my losses. The FFL Dealer will usually charge a fee to conduct the transfer. Vortex Crossfire II 2-732 Riflescope - 3 Models - Best Value for the Money Scope for 17HMR. . Store hours Thurs-Fri-10AM-8PM Sat-9AM-12PM All Other times please leave a message,Thank You! Average Gr: 17. Lighter and tougher and more precise than ever, it's the perfect back country hunting rifle. The new value of a 17 MACH2 rifle has risen $19.23 dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $365.89 . This is an involved job and not for most everyone. Select a local Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) Dealer that will accept the firearm and complete the transfer. Make sure to watch till the end. A less involved alternative is finding an out-of-production Volquartsen Mach 2 bolt. Having pieced together a truly budget rifle, we headed for the range. These aluminum rings worked perfectly well and we were able to mount our Konus Pro scope just above the hammer. This was an extremely limited test by only working with two boxes. Show Only with Pictures Find a FFL Dealer. Actual buyer must pickup from FFL dealer who will conduct the background check. All the major manufacturers had rifles ready to go. This part was waiting for us in a plastic bag glued securely to a fold inside the corrugated shipping box. Has anyone stepped up to the plate for a semi auto version of a rifle chambered in 17wsm rimfire? The main, and about the only, complaint I had with the 917 M2S I tested was loading the magazine. All told, 10 five-shot groups of each ammo type were sent into USBR targets at 50 yards. Marlin Firearms (4) Mossberg (1) Rossi (1) Ruger (1) Ruger Firearms (12) Savage Arms (41) Steyr Arms (1) Tikka (4) Winchester (1) Less . Once the firearm is transferred into your name, Cheaper Than Dirt! The receiver is made from steel and features a blued finish. This also means it does better at longer ranges. The safety worked with a reassuring on/off click. Brand. And it would have been a keeper except for the simple fact that those guys at Hornady had to have it back. A World Record Attempt and everyone is out at the range shooting and practicing. Marlin offers two different rifles chambered for .17 Mach 2 under its own name. The resulting gap prevented the firing pin from being struck. Available in different sizes and red dot ready, it'll fit your needs, whatever they are. This magazine is constructed of steel and is compatible with Marlin bolt and pre-1996 semi-auto action rifles. Boutique options soon became available from Anschutz and Vudoo Gun Works. Marlin 70723 XT-17VSL Bolt Action 17 HMR 22" 4+1/7+1 Laminate Gray Stock Stainless Steel. That is, the detonation primer and powder sends the bullet down the barrel, and also moves the bolt back directly, ejecting the brass, then picking up and loading a fresh round from the magazine. Bolt-action repeater. Shop online for the best selection and prices of 17 HMR rifles at Hinterland Outfitters. The receiver is made from steel an. Run the numbers, and you see the .17 HM2 rises and falls 2 inches to 137 yards or so. The result was a .17 that fit in a .22 LR action and magazinesthe only change in most cases being a barrelbut with effectively double the velocity of a match-speed .22. hbbd``b`[ NZ M@@O V"D3n[@$ y V> iLO,F` S endstream endobj startxref 0 %%EOF 897 0 obj <>stream They shoot whisper-tiny projectiles the same diameter as the BBs we all loved to pop away with as kids. For those who must have a semi-auto, the masochists will prefer modifying a 10/22. Gun is in nice used condition & is a hard to find Semi Auto 17 Mach 2 Marlin rifle. And the rounds I put through it were on top of all the shooting Hornady had already done with it before I received it. We tested with the only three .17M2 rounds we could find. Out of Stock. The .17 HM2 case is based on a .22LR Stinger necked down to .17 caliber, making it a no-recoil, low-noise cartridge that's perfect for small . Thirteen different models chambered for .17-caliber ammunition are available from Savage Arms. There was a manual safety similar to the Marlin design, but its operation was somewhat notchy, if not just as secure. Overall, the Model 717M2 is a great little autoloader. Read today's "The Armed Citizen" entry for real stories of law-abiding citizens, past and present, who used their firearms to save lives. Well, I guess Bill Jordan's "Red Gods" were smiling on me because I was able to spend a fair amount of time at the range with the new Model 717M2 last January, and while it was bitterly cold, wind and snow posed no problems. Built from lessons learned in its millions of Model 60, 70, and 795 .22LR rifles, the new gun was based heavily upon . Unlike many rimfire rifles, which have the barrel and action held in the stock by a single screw, the 917 is held more firmly in the inletting by a couple of screws: one in the action and another in the barrel just forward of the action. ), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (flint), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (perc), United States Patent Firearms Revolvers/Pistols, Century Arms International (CAI) - Shotguns, Volquartsen Summit 17 Mach 2 16.5" Threaded Carbon Fiber 10+1 17Mach2, Glock 17 Gen 3 - NIB with 2 17 Round Mags, Factory Case, Lock, Cleaning Tools, CA Compliant, Glock 17 Gen-3 9mm Pistol w 2 Mags, NEW Night Sights, Very Light Use, CZ USA 457 American Combo 22lr/17hmr, 2 Barrels, 2 Magazines, 5+1 NEW (02320), Ram-line 9mm SIG SAUER 15=2+17 rounds $ 29.00, RAMLINE STAINLESS 15+2=17 ROUND DOUBLE STACK. A 17 MACH2 rifle is currently worth an average price of $365.89 new and $206.01 used . Remove; Show In Stock Only. Call the FFL Dealer and set an appointment to confirm that the firearm is ready to be transferred. At the range we discovered that the trigger had a mixture of takeup and creep. You save money, barrel life is a little longer, and the 17 Mach 2 is still a much more potent cartridge than the .22 LR. There was still a matter of inspecting and shooting the gun and then getting it back to Hornady in a short window of time, but barring any further complications it was doable. Were it not for a blown group in the .800s (that was probably me), it may very well have come in second place accuracy-wise. The bolt knob offered a classic battle rifle feel, and its stem was shaved at its bend to accommodate a sizable scope. The magazine body was constructed of five different plates stamped and notched together. MARLIN 917M2S CALIBER 17MACH 2 Description: Guns Listing ID: 737633 Specifications and features: Marlin model 917M2S rimfire rifle caliber: .17 MACH 2 Bolt-action repeater 7 round capacity T-900 fire control system Single-stage trigger Thumb safety Red cocking indicator 1:9\" twist Stainless Steel Barrel Drilled & tapped for scope Swivel studs First, there's the traditional 17-grain V-Max bullet at 2100 fps, which, when zeroed at 100 yards, drops 14 inches at 200. Mach bolt action rifle Model M Bull Barrel | 416 | 113 | Lc | 140.6292ms, Marlin .17 Mach 2 bolt action rifle - Model 917-M2 Bull Barrel. From the 50-yard bench the Marlin 917M2 helped us shoot groups ranging in size from 0.6 inches to 1.0 inches across with both the Hornady and CCI ammunition. will soon be arriving for you. I fired this rifle more than 200 times with Hornady's 17-grain V-Max loading without cleaning it and had absolutely no malfunctions. Our next component needed was an appropriate bolt. A shooter who wants to make themselves extra crazy or typically finds themselves bored on a Saturday night could do both. Joseph VonBenedikt is with Joel Hodgdon to talk about the improved accuracy and long-range potential of the already reliable Core-Lokt ammo line. To experience shooting .17 Mach 2 rounds from behind the trigger, we acquired three rifles. Rifle (22 L.R. 2 Ruger SR9 Magazines Factory 17 round 90449 Magazine Very Good Condition $29.50 each & Free Shi Glock 17 Gen 3 AUSTRIA 9mm 2 x 17rd Magazines 4.49" Barrel Full FDE PI17502FDE G17 Gen3, Glock 17 Gen 3 USA 9mm 2 x 17rd Magazines 4.49" Barrel Full FDE UI17502FDE G17 Gen3. The trigger offered a long radius with vertical grooves across its moderately wide face. The CCI was very uniform by weight with 35 of the 50 rounds measuring to one-tenth of a grain, according to my RCBS powder scale. The other is the Marlin 717. Shot into ballistic gelatin from an 18-barreled Marlin 60 rifle and a 200-f.p.s. Rimfire Area. (Hat tip to Savage who really never stopped.) But both the .17 HMR and .17 Mach 2 rifles ship with a Weaver mount in place. The medium-heavy barrel is free-floated except for a bedding pad extending 1 1/4 inches forward of the action and surrounding the front screwa bedding system long known to yield improved accuracy with centerfire and rimfire rifles. Remember, the FFL Dealer is doing you a favor and the process takes time to complete. Login to see listing price For Sale/Trade . Joseph Von Benedikt visits with Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented demand on the shooting supply industry. order number. However, since the new year, I have noticed. Stock options are numerous, but youd be hard-pressed to find one better in the field than the Magpul X-22 Hunter. Guns Rifles Marlin Rifles Modern Bolt Pump Marlin . Savage 93R17 F 17 HMR Bolt-Action Rifle with Black Synthetic Stock $285.00 $269.99; Brand: Savage; Item Number: 96709; For an individual to receive a firearm from Cheaper Than Dirt! Firearms purchased online are shipped to your local Academy Sports + Outdoors as selected in the checkout process. A pebble finish covered its entire surface. Marlin Model 917M2S Rifle .17 Mach 2 Wood stock/Stainless heavy varmint barrel NZ $840 (incl. Hornady also has the only lead-free California bullet option, with the 15.5-grain NTX. They produce almost no discernable recoil. At 100 yards, groups ranged from .790 to 1.359 inches, which is more than good for varmint potting out to 150 yards or a few paces beyond. Rifles . The Marlin is another dependable rifle, but an inexpensive alternative with a price of less than $200.00 in most gun shops. The shell casing and bullet are designed to have a higher velocity . Pushing in the barrel release automatically ejected the shell. There was 0.5 grain extreme spread in weight over all 50, but 45 of those were within two grains of each other. I quickly removed the broken stock and installed the new one. The .17 HM2, or 17 Mach 2, was a joint venture between Hornady and CCI in 2003. Our NEF rifle was about as simple to operate as any rifle can be, but it did have some up-to-date features. #3: N.E.F Sportster. First Look: Armscor 20-Gauge VR82 Semi-Auto Shotgun, Bolt-Action Upgrade: Rifle Bedding In 12 Steps, First Look: Volquartsen VT2 Takedown In .22 LR, 10 Best Long-Range Cartridges of All Time (2023), 8 On-Target Concealed Carry Insurance Options (2022), 10 Affordable Double-Barrel Shotgun Options (2022), Best AR-15 Options For Any Budget And Buyers Guide (2022), Best Concealed Carry Handguns For Women (2022). It sits in a custom Outlander stock by Grayboe, which shoulders, swings and all-around feels like a true sporter. So the .17 Mach 2 came into being without too much effort. I can get an HMR, but the HMR is too much (I prefer not to have to spread my small game on toast). order number. Both are sure to expand even more . 3. . Red cocking indicator. Marlin rimfire rifles. Add to cart. Please try a new zip code and search again. t``-Vju zyk'::+R+&d(eV'-vZkYw:s=rqr6'6@WW\;C;r L LinkBack URL; About LinkBacks ; . Rifle Magazines. One seven-round magazine was supplied. So what does the .17 Mach 2 have to offer, especially when compared to the faster .17 HMR? The magazine release consisted of a sheet metal tab that was pulled to the rear to disengage. You never know how a gun review is going to turn out until it's finished. CIMARRON 1874 RIFLE FROM DOWN UNDER .45-70 34"OCT. CC/BLUED. What should the discerning collector look for in a potential buy? Performance [ edit] The weight of the bullet is a key part of achieving a very high velocity for a rimfire round. of Israeli Defense Forces, joins David Fortier for an exclusive interview for Shotgun News. COMES WITH MARLINS 5-YEAR WARRANTY. Published Apr 1, 2005 5:00 AM EST. All the Mach 2 ammo Ive ever put through a chrono runs between 2,050 and 2,200 fps, whatever the gun. 7249 (konusscopes.com). They were Remingtons AccuTip V Boat tail, CCIs V-Max and Hornadys V-Max. Give a Gift Post and find for free, new and used local rifles for sale, trade and wanted to buy locally online at a made in Montana site. Toppped w/Tasco scope & comes w/1 additional SS magazine. Cannot be shipped to NYC. So lets not be overly surprised that Marlins new Model 917 M2S looks a lot like its earlier models. I bought a CZ 452 ZKM Varmint to shoot up all the ammo I had. Walther's new Performance Duty Pistol is ready for both concealed carry and conventional service situations. This isn't your grandpa's muzzleloading system. Each rifle arrived ready for the mounting of a scope, and we tried several in our initial range session. The scope mount was tall, but the supplied extension had to be mounted on to the tang of the hammer. Designed for professionals, the Glock G17 is the most widely used law enforcement pistol worldwide. Heavy charging handle kits can still be found online, and they work OK, but Ive had more success by drilling out factory Ruger bolts and slugging them with tungsten. Most orders are processed within 2-3 business days from the time we receive and verify the FFL Dealers information. Its light, tight, fast and the tolerances are so legit that Ive yet to find one that needed a bedding job. Sightron S-TAC 4-2050 Riflescope - Best Premium Scope for 17HMR. The 12 month average price is $359.43 new and $195.23 used. Buy guns online and ship free anywhere in USA! All three were sold in 50-round boxes and were topped with 17-grain bullets. The trigger was a bit mushy (pull weight averaged 5.75 pounds for five measurements using my RCBS Trigger Pull Gauge), but 100-percent functioning combined with half-inch accuracy at 50 yards make this gun a winner. Ammo supplies eased up and I figured that I. !~!brMuzzle Velocity feet per second 1250brRounds 250brShot Size 8brShot Weight ounces 1 o F2 Mach 12 Gauge AmmobrbrBrand Style F2 MatchbrCartridge AEE12 GaugebrLength 2 3/4!~! The bolt action was smooth, and we could hear a zipping sound as it moved back and forth. You have entered an incorrect email address! 2. Friday, 3/3 4:15 PM. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service. On the other hand, COAL was more spread out. The trigger is among the best compared to other sub-$500 rimfire rifles. Shooting Marlin's new Model 717M2 semiautomatic rifle chambered for the .17 Mach2 rimfire cartridge demonstrated that it functions flawlessly and is capable of half-inch accuracy at 50 yards. (That's nearly 70 percent faster than a standard-velocity .22 LR.) Custom Mossberg 500 at the Range and Live Turkey!. Walther UZI Rifle. Also stock up on ammo and gun accessories for your 17 HMR rifle. The A17 17 HM2 is designed with a free-floating, button rifled barrel, corrosion resistant chrome plated bolt, bolt release and removable dust cover for improved functionality. Before there were scopes or red dots there were iron sights. The .17 Hornady Mach 2, or .17 HM2, is a rimfire ammo cartridge introduced in 2004 by the ammunition manufacturer Hornady. Savage made the Mark II in .17 HM2 when all others abandoned the roundeven the ammo companies. For areas requiring lead-free ammunition, the company also loads a 15.5-grain NTX bullet at a slightly slower 2050 fps. While a large share of the rimfire market is absolutely dominated by the .22 Long Rifle cartridge, other offerings have been developed in more recent times with one of the most modern rimfire cartridges being the tiny .17 HM2 (.17 Hornady Mach 2). Owner's Manual. #95416904; 17 Mach 2 cal. But since it didnt really look out of place or affect function, we were willing to let it pass. .17 Hmr Rifles . One is the Thompson R55, which was the original gun used to test the reliability of this caliber in a semi-auto rifle. These orange adhesive circles featured a diamond-shaped bull that matched well with the diamond reticle of the Konus Pro scope. This new chambering for the A17 semi-automatic rifle joins the already extremely popular, 17HMR A17 rifle, that was released in 2015. Part Key: 23. The first five-shot group measured a not-so-impressive 1.030 inches but was followed, in order, by .902 inches, .620 inches and finally a dazzling .213 inches! The varmint model features a 20.9" heavy barrel, and an American pattern varmint style stock. In fact we shot the Mark II F more than our other rifles if for no other reason than to find out if the trigger would get better or significantly worse. Some of the earliest prototype guns have been scratched simply because getting them to function 100 percent of the time has been difficult. Otherwise, the surface was evenly pebbled. The thin-barrel version with iron sights, the Mark II F, costs a few dollars less. When the sorted ammo was sent downrange to 50 yards in five-shot groups, the weight-sorted rounds proved the most accurate. The Mossberg 500 Pump Action Shotgun is one of the most popular home defense shotguns on the market. 100 yds. Seeing how theyre all loaded in the same place, I didnt see much difference until recently when CCI differentiated with the only VNT load. Trusted by military and law enforcement, CZ rifles are crafted with high-quality materials and state-of-the-art technology. The stock was inlet with economy and precision, giving the bolt and the lever-style safety a purposeful look. The gun arrived at our Peoria offices in good time, but when I opened the well-packed box, I saw a huge crack along the wrist area of the rifle's stock. The free-floating barrel of this Savage Arms Mark II F .17 Mach 2 Bolt-Action Rifle features button rifling and a 21-inch length. The .17 HM2 is based on the .22 Long Rifle Stinger case design, necked down to .17 caliber and using a bullet weighing less than half what typical .22 Long Rifle bullets weigh. For hunting small game such as squirrels at close (treetop) range I would prefer it over the .17 HMR, and with ear protection the report is only a mild pop. My fears were unwarranted because Holt was able to contact a Marlin technician and a new stock arrived in just a matter of days. Billings. I already owned a 10/22 conversion in 17Mach2 and was happy to have it. This was a deterrent to my wanting to buy one of the rifles. CANNON ACTION WITH RCBS DIES. w/18" bbl & blued finish & plain wood stock. Description: Marlin 917M2,Rare 17 Mach 2,22" Heavy Barrel,Bushnell 4x20mm Scope. The widely available CCI VNT, Hornady V-Max and Hornady NTX, plus the recently discontinued CCI V-Max and the long discontinued Eley V-Max, which has been out of production at least 10 years. We never thought a single-shot rifle could be so enjoyable. Sort By: 4 Item(s) Show. Description: This is a very unique pistol it is for target shooting, The early ones were made in Italy. The heart is the V22 action (V22m in the magnum calibers), attached to a 416R stainless ACE barrel in a ranch contour, which tapers down to 0.720 at the threaded muzzle. But wild demand never materialized. One is the 717M2, which is an autoloader with an 18-inch barrel, and the other is our bolt-action test rifle that fired from a 22-inch barrel. Then I spent a fair amount of time shooting at, and hitting, empty soda pop cans. The FFL Dealer will begin processing the shipment. Our opinion is that we would favor the Mark II FV with heavy barrel to minimize this problem even if the thinner barreled rifle was lighter to carry and perhaps more suitable to younger folk. Mounting the NEF Sportster for our bench session was easy because without a magazine protruding from the bottom of the receiver, we could support as much of the rifle as we wanted on to our sandbags. Add your selected firearm(s) to your shopping cart and check out. With an average pull weight of 4 pounds 11 ounces, the 917s trigger is heavier than I would prefer for accurate shooting, but this is offset somewhat by its surprisingly crisp let-off. Compatible with Glock models 17 18 19 26 34 and Glock magazine compatible firearms. $2,115.00 No Reviews Write a Review. In 2018, as the ammo companies rolled out new runs of .17 HM2, they released the Summit in 17 Mach 2. Marlin XT-22m Magazine $39.95 FOR SALE Caliber: Condition: GOOD State: Queensland More Details. From the 50-yard line, the NEF Sportster was the top performer. 1. The .17 HM2 is based on the .22 Long Rifle "Stinger" case, necked down to .17 caliber (4.5 mm) and using a bullet weighing less than half the weight of a typical .22 Long Rifle bullet. After about 100 rounds the trigger became more consistent. You can donate by Paypal by clicking the DONATE button. Casting Your Own Bullets for Lever-Action Rifles, The Staying Power of the .257 Roberts Cartridge, SIG Sauer P365 Pistol Now Offered in .380, Ruger MAX-9 9mm Micro-Sized High-Capacity Pistol: Review, 10mm Firepower: Springfield XD-M Elite 3.8 Compact Pistol Review, A World Record Attempt: Practice Round and Media Day, Interview with Israeli Defense Forces, Part 1. Learn the difference between revolvers and semi-auto pistols and what makes them different. Why does this matter? A $16.95 handling fee will be charged per order. Just as the .17 HMR can be described as being descended from the .22 Magnum, the .17M2 is related to the .22 Long Riflethe .17M2 is based on the .22 LR case, slightly lengthened and necked down to .17 caliber. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/1G7xXag. The difference in accuracy delivered by a cool barrel, and shots fired from a hot one was noticeable. Savage Arms A17 HM2 .17 Hornady Mach 2 Bolt Action Rifle, Matte Black - 47700 From $349.83 in 6 stores Caliber:.17 HM2 Capacity: 10 But eleven of these rifles are chambered for .17 HMR. Go to cart page Continue . The proven delayed-blowback action used in the A17 17 HMR is replicated in the new offering to support the high pressures of the Mach 2 caliber. From the 100-yard bench, our groups averaged 1.8 inches across firing the Hornady ammunition, mainly due to one 2.2-inch cluster. All groups firing the Remington ammunition measured about 0.9 inches, so we tried shooting the Remington Accutip V boattails from the 100-yard bench. Recoil: 0.17. It includes a NO Credit Card Fees Like the Other Guys!! They were the $169 New England Firearms Sportster SS1-217, Marlins $232 917M2, and the $228 Savage Arms Mark II F. The Marlin and Savage Arms rifles were magazine-fed bolt actions, and the NEF worked from a single-shot break-top design. Unless otherwise noted, these reviews carry the guns prices at the time of the original review. They are a ton of fun, rather quiet and the ones I own are VERY accurate. New Shooters Guide: What Is a Pistol Caliber Carbine? Next, we tried printing groups from 100 yards with whichever round proved the best in each individual rifle. Marlin model 917M2S rimfire rifle. Unless the trigger was pressed, the transfer bar remained in the down position. As you can see the .22 LR 40 grain bullet drops the fastest and has a much higher trajectory than the rest. Our 100-yard shots were the last groups fired, and they werent as bad as we would have expected judging from our initial efforts. 7 round capacity. Petefixer: I wish I could help you with finding a 17 Mach2 to "try out". The gray-black laminated hardwood stock has a solid, adult feel, and the color meshes well with the stainless-steel action and barrel. Ships Within 5 to 7 Business Days After Valid FFL is Received. Mainly because I had seen the Eley ammo for it. Of our two bolt-action rifles, the Marlin 917M2 was distinguished by its wooden stock and heavy 1:9 twist barrel. Head shots or nothing, became the Mach 2 small-game hunters credo. 02/16 . Description Glock 17 Gen 3 - NIB with 2 17 Round Mags, Factory Case, Cleaning Tools, Lock, Manual. SHOP SIGN IN CART Academy Sports + Outdoors Free 2 Hour In Store Pick Up & Curbside Gift Cards The little bullet doesnt carry enough whoop-ass to instantly dispatch a body-shot squirrel. 2. It is based on the .22 LR hypervelocity case necked down to accept the same .17-cal., 17-gr. To test this, I sorted a box of CCI V-Max by weight, and another box by cartridge overall length (COAL). In the case of 17 Mach 2 (and .17 HMR and .22 WMR), that hairs width of delay lets the pressure curve drop back to earth, and the bolt can safely and reliably cycle in a new round. Hornady Chief Ballistic Scientist and father of the .17 HM2, Dave Emary, handloads batches of the rimfire for testing. The Model 717M2 has an 18-inch sporter barrel, Monte Carlo-style hardwood stock with full pistol grip, seven-round detachable magazine, and adjustable sights. The overall average accuracy was 0.65 inch. Mint as New Condition,No Box! Featured Ads stick to top of all ad list pages chronologically by category, search and location. I did see an AR15 version chambered for 17wsm rimfire if you want to spend in excess of $1200.00 to 1900 max? If the Model 717M2 I shot for this review is any indication, Marlin has the situation pegged. View other listings from this seller. Beautiful brown laminated wood stock, with new model Simmons 3x9 scope, blue bull barrel. I choose the Volquartsen .17 Mach 2 Heavy Bolt (#930 . If you feel the fees are too high, you can search for another FFL Dealer. Product was successfully added to your shopping cart. Considering the low cost of our test rifles, we preferred not to choose a scope that cost more than our most expensive model. The Suggested retail price for the CZ 452 American in .17 Mach 2 is $389.00 When only the best will do, theres Vudoo. Other times they start out slick but get sticky somewhere along the way. Once shipped, your firearm will arrive at the FFL Dealer within 3-7 days business days. Its still setting in the safe, waiting for me to finish it. hb```<>B ea`xa{&h 17 Mach 2 (HM2) Ammo. Ruger Takedown 22LR (11112) - 16.4" Threaded Barrel - Black Synthetic Stock - Price: $495.00, Savage Model AXIS II XP - 6.5 Creedmoor - 22" Barrel - Price: $519.00, Ruger American - .243 WIN - 36923 - 16.1 in. If the trigger was becoming more predictable with each shot, we had to pace ourselves. Primary Weapons System developed the straight-pull 10/22 concept for hunting and running 10/22 platform accessories (stocks, barrels and triggers) with a suppressor. But we didnt strip the screw or the wrench, and the tight fit made the application of Loc-Tite unnecessary. While the hours I spent with this gun were compressed into a few consecutive days rather than spreading it out over a few weeks as I usually do when reviewing a gun for Shooting Times, I spent several hours carrying it around my house and office (yes, my wife thinks I'm a little bit too wrapped up in my job), removing the broken stock and replacing it with a new one, and shooting it for a full afternoon at the range--both from the bench for accuracy and velocity and also rapid-fire offhand, shooting at beverage cans.