A sample of "Circus" features Spears singing over a heavy electronic groove. "[21] John Murphy of musicOMH also praised its lyrics, describing them as "a confident, and encouraging, return to form. [51] Spears included the song on her current residency show in Las Vegas, Britney: Piece of Me. [2] Alongside the announcement of Circus came the additional confirmation of the involvement of producers Sean Garrett, Guy Sigsworth, Danja and Bloodshy & Avant. We haven't even run an ad yet and we've sold over 100,000 tickets.". [9] According to the sheet music published at Musicnotes.com by Alfred Publishing, "Circus" is composed in the key of F# minor with 120 beats per minute, however on the album the song is 115 beats per minute. The costumes of the performance were selected to show a metamorphosis. The 38-year-old pop princess has been steadily lighting up Instagram with her killer body amid COVID-19 while the Toxic singer was dissed for barely appearing at a virtual dinner party featuring stars including Paris Hilton and Liam Payne on Thursday, she received no complaints as her Friday video showed her happy, carefree, and showing that tramp stamp. [32] It became the 10th best-selling digital single of 2009, selling 5.5 million copies worldwide. Length 3:11 Lyrics All eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a circus Circus is a song performed by American pop singer Britney Spears. "If U Seek Amy" integrates "glam-rave" elements with traditional pop styles;[41] it gained controversy for its double entendre, where the title sounds phonetically like "F-U-C-K me". [85][86][87][88][89] At the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards (2010), the song was nominated for Best Dance Recording. "Circus" was performed on December 2, 2008, at American morning talk show Good Morning America, along with "Womanizer". Interestingly though, Spears has since deleted . Circus by @britneyspears is now available on 5k units of clear vinyl with gold and white swirl! Circus. Share to Twitter. [126] Jon Pareles of The New York Times expressed his enjoyment of the "crisp" material that incorporated "catchy melodic interludes". Stream songs including "Womanizer", "Circus" and more. Britney Spears: Love Songs The pop monarch shifts into downtempo mode. [52] Spears included the song on the set list for the Britney: Live in Concert (2017) and Piece of Me Tour (2018). The video received positive reviews from critics, but was criticized for featuring "cruelly trained animals"; however, those claims were dismissed. [77] The tour was ranked as the fourth highest-grossing tour of the year in North America, becoming the highest-grossing tour of the year by a solo artist. [110], Despite not being released as singles, several tracks from Circus appeared on Billboard's component charts upon its release. Who are you? [22] The album has been compared to the works of Janet Jackson,[36] Eurythmics,[37] and New Order,[38] as well as the songwriting of Prince,[37] Leiber & Stoller and Phil Spector. You can play with a circus in so many different ways". [35] "Shattered Glass" utilizes dark electronic beats and details a non-repairable relationship. "[43] Robert Christgau gave Circus a two-star honorable mention, stating that it was "still fun more often than not". [123] Stephen Thomas Erlewine provided a favorable review, describing it as a "friendly remake of the hedonistic Blackout", but preferred its predecessor for being more "sleek or addictive" than Circus. [66] The week prior to the album's release, Spears performed in several countries as a part of the Circus Promo Tour. [147] The album was certified platinum by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI). In the middle of the video, the cylinder screen surrounding the stage started to rise, while Spears appeared on the video and shot Hilton with a crossbow, causing him to fall backwards onto the floor. "Circus" is a song recorded by Britney Spears for her sixth studio album of the same name. [23] On the week of March 7, 2009, the song reached number one on the Pop Songs chart and number three on the Hot Dance Club Songs chart. [9] She explains her emotions while performing in lines such as: "I feel the adrenaline moving through my veins / Spotlight on me and I'm ready to break". [19] During its development, Garrett and vocal producer Jim Beanz complimented Spears's work ethic after her much-publicized personal struggles the previous year. Britney Spears videography. Necklaces and heels added simple flourishes for a girl who needs none. [8] Featuring religious references such as reincarnation, the music video was noted by contemporary critics for predicting her future struggles with fame. [3] It ranked number one on TRL's Final Countdown of the most iconic music videos. * Sales figures based on certification alone.^ Shipments figures based on certification alone. I'm like the ringleader, I call the shots (, I'm like a performer, the dance floor is my stage. The "Circus" singer was keeping her 24.2 million followers entertained as she worked her smokeshow body in a tiny orange crop top with puff sleeves - yes, the abs were on show, with Britney also seen tugging down her tiny white shorts in parts of the footage. Transitioning from the "darker and more urban" themes of her fifth studio album Blackout (2007), Spears wanted to make her next project "a little bit lighter". The artist's new album, "Circus," is out today (Dec. 2) via Jive. 2nd press on Clear vinyl. "Circus (Simon Ellis Remix)" by Britney Spears contains a sample of another track. [7] Spears plays three different incarnations of herself and poisons her unfaithful lover. [47] It has been suggested that its lyrics deal with either Spears' father Jamie or paparazzo and Spears' ex-boyfriend Adnan Ghalib. [17] Entertainment Weekly writer Chris Willman noted that, despite the album being titled Circus, the title track is "not about the madhouse her life has become but just a brag about her prowess as a whip-cracking sexual ringmaster. Fans have been concerned about the 41-year-old pop artist in recent months, with some . [76], Controversy arose during the Australian leg of the tour after several fans walked out of the performances due to Spears' alleged lip-synching; such claims were later denied by Spears' management and promoters. [15] It was subsequently included as a bonus track on Circus and was released as its fourth and final single on June 5, 2009. It followed Britneys headline-making sunbathing session yesterday, although it was slightly more-clothed. [28] Lil Jon,[29] Rodney Jerkins,[30] Sean Garrett,[31] and Taio Cruz[32] announced they were working with Spears, though their songs weren't included on the final track listing. [157] After the song was announced as the third single from the album in January 2009, American radio stations were unsure about playing it due to its double entendre in the chorus; WFLZ-FM produced their own edit of the song, titled "If U See Amy". You can also find us on: Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pillowmusicyt Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/pillowmusicyt/ Twitter - https://twitter.com/PillowMusic1 VISIT OUR OFFICIAL LYRICS WEBSITE: https://www.pillowlyrics.com/ Lyrics: https://www.pillowlyrics.com/britney-spears-lyrics/There's only two types of people in the worldThe ones that entertain, and the ones that observeWell baby I'm a put-on-a-show kinda girlDon't like the backseat, gotta be firstAll the eyes on me in the center of the ringJust like a circusWhen I crack that whip, everybody gonna tripJust like a circusDon't stand there watching me, follow meShow me what you can doEverybody let go, we can make a dance floorJust like a circus- - - - - - - - - - - - Wallpaper: https://unsplash.com Images: All the images are copyright free.- - - - - - - - - - - -#Circus #BritneySpears #Lyrics#Pillow #Pillowmusic #DopeLyrics #7Clouds #UniqueVibes #SyrebralVibes #TazNetwork #MrShades #LeaderOfLyrics #SuperbLyrics #Cassiopeia #ShadowMusic #TikTok #SpotifyViral Subscribe and press () to join the Notification Squad and stay updated with new uploadsFollow Britney Spears:https://BritneySpears.lnk.to/followFIhttps://B. Britney & Kevin: Chaotic the DVD & More, Britney Spears Live: The Femme Fatale Tour, 2011 MTV Video Music Awards Tribute to Britney Spears, "How Britney Spears' 'Stronger' Video Made Her A Diva", "Britney Works Double-Time On Music Videos", "Yes, Britney Really Is Naked In The 'Toxic' Video", "Britney Says Controversial New Video Is About Reincarnation", "Is Britney Spears' 'If U Seek Amy' Her Best Video Ever? In 1998, Spears's first music video "Baby One More Time", in which she chose to dress as a Catholic schoolgirl, propelled her to superstardom. scratches, cracks, or holes. Main instrumentation was done by Luke and Blanco. Along with it if you are looking for a podcast . Britney Spears attends the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards at Madison Square Garden on August 28, 2016 in New York City. [41] It was also nominated for Best Video in the MTV Europe Music Awards 2009, but lost to Beyonc's "Single Ladies". The song's lyrics talk about being an entertainer and putting on shows. Internationally, it peaked atop the Brasil Hot 100 Airplay, whilst reaching the top ten in Belgium, Israel, Malaysia and Mexico. "[162] The Australian leg of the album's accompanying tour the Circus Starring Britney Spears caused controversy following its opening show in Perth on November 6, 2009, when The Advertiser writer Rebekah Devlin reported that a number of fans had walked out of the show; they were apparently "disappointed" and "outraged" regarding Spears' lip syncing and subdued dancing. [137] In less than a month, it became the ninth best-selling album of 2008 in the country, selling 143,000 copies, and one of the top ten best-selling digital albums of the year with over 10,100 downloads. ", Producer Claude Kelly talks about the development, content and concept of Circus. "[11] "Circus" was nominated at the 2009 Teen Choice Awards in the category of Choice Music: Single, but lost to Miley Cyrus's "The Climb". The film grossed $61 million worldwide and earned her a nomination for Best Female Breakthrough Performance at the 2002 MTV Movie Awards. [38] It incorporates lyrical themes previously acknowledged in Spears' work: "Circus" and "Kill the Lights" discuss fame, much like "Piece of Me" (2007),[35] while "Womanizer" and "Shattered Glass" talk about a womanizing man. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Britney Spears Circus DELUXE EDITION CD DVD AUSTRALIAN Bonus Tracks 2CD 00s Rare at the best online prices at eBay! [95] The song has sold over 3,200,000 digital downloads in the US. [20][21] Spears chose to write much of the material for the album and worked to develop a more pop-influenced record with collaborators she had worked with earlier in her career. [16], In July 2008, it was confirmed that Spears was in the process of recording her sixth studio album. Spears also has released a few television documentaries, including Britney: For the Record (2008). Written by Dr. Luke, Claude Kelly and Benny Blanco, "Circus" is a metaphor for the public's perception of Spears' life. As executive producers, Larry Rudolph and Teresa LaBarbera Whites enlisted Spears' previous collaborators such as Max Martin, Bloodshy & Avant, Guy Sigsworth and Danja, as well as new ones, including Dr. Luke, Benny Blanco and Claude Kelly. . [49][37][50] "My Baby", described as having a "faux-Janet Jackson vocal",[51] was written by Spears about her two sons Sean Preston and Jayden James Federline. $34.99 ($20.58/Fl Oz) Only 2 left in stock - order soon. In 2002, she starred as Lucy Wagner in Crossroads. [35] Spears chose Lawrence, since he was the "only person who could capture it, make it really twisted, eccentric and different". Britney even admitted shed lost weight as a result of missing Asghari COVID-19 has separated the couple, although theyre now reunited. Circus is a song recorded by Britney Spears for her sixth studio album of the same name. By Katie Hasty. Select from premium Britney Spears of the highest quality. She gushed about her future husband in the caption, writing, "Thank you baby for always. It has been compared to musical themes from the 1980s and 1990s, and has been noted as a "pulsating ballad", with the song also drawing comparisons to the "shimmering waterfall mood first popularized by Janet Jackson". to air 'I Am Britney Jean' Spears documentary", "Britney Spears Is Ruffling Feathers in This 'Jane The Virgin' Promo", "See a Preview of Jamie Lynn Spears' Revealing Documentary", "Before 'Glory,' Britney Spears Was All About BBQ in 1993 Commercial", "Britney Spears, 'NSYNC Shoots for McDonald's", "Ad Report Card: Pepsi's Britney Exposure", "Britney Spears & Austin Powers Team Up For Pepsi Ad, Music Video", "Britney's Dance Beat Ships; Advertising Campaign Goes Nuts", " TVCM", "Flashback: Beyonce, Britney Spears and Pink Rock a Roman Arena, Cover Queen", "Britney Spears Tapes Commercial -- With LL Cool J, Pete Wentz, Russell Brand -- For MTV Video Music Awards", "Britney Spears Gets Into Russell Brand's Head in VMAs Commercial", "Britney Spears Loves 'Lace & Leather' in New Candies Ad", "SNEAK PEEK: Britney Spears Tweets Her New Radiance Commercial", "Britney Spears' VMA Promo: Go Behind The Scenes! She was subsequently hospitalized at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after police that had arrived at her house noted she appeared to be under the influence of an unidentified substance.