Networking Cocktail Evening (for interviewing candidates): September 2023 And an unshakable sense of whats possible. Priorities under our D&I strategy include Gender, LGBTIQ inclusion, Cultural Diversity, Accessibility and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in addition to Flexibility. If students are in their final year of study, they can still apply but will need to outline in their application why they couldn't complete a clerkship in their penultimate year. that confirms your results have been submitted. Following my return from parental leave, I managed the clerk and graduate recruitment and rotation programs in the Melbourne and Perth offices. If an employer fails to give this notice, the employee preserves a residual right to request conversion in the future. Nice interviewers with some behavioural questions, maybe 4 or so. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. } fill: #FFFFFF; You have 48 hours to complete the test once you receive the email. Listen to Sonia's storyto hear more about flexibility at CU. Following submission, students will receive a separate email with a link to complete online psychometric testing via pymetrics as well as an email to participate in a voluntary RARE recruitment survey. Clayton Utz is a top-tier law firm with a difference. We are committed, through our Reconciliation Action Plan, to working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People to create positive and lasting change, and to reducing inequality between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and other Australians in the areas of access to justice, education and access to support services. Networking Cocktail Evening (for interviewing candidates): Thursday, 14 September 2023 Can I apply to undertake a clerkship in more than one State? Stay True. application form which can be accessed on our clerkship programs page. Are there any international secondment opportunities at Clayton Utz? It's important to us to have a work environment in which our people can balance their unique and changing needs during their different life and career stages. So, during interviews and assessments, bear in mind that recruiters will be hoping to see that you have the adaptability and broad skill set required to take on a variety of legal matters. We facilitate flexible working arrangements in a range of different ways, including providing our people with an online portal with all of our flexibility resources in one spot. If selected for this position, which of our offices would like to work at? This button displays the currently selected search type. As a national firm we do national projects, so there is the potential of working in other offices. We'll look at whether you have had a broad range of experiences, such as part-time employment, voluntary work, legal experience (voluntary or otherwise), or sporting, cultural or community pursuits. Very hands on, competency questions are a must to practice beforehand. Corporate, M&A, Capital Markets Listen to Luke's storyto hear more about our LGBTI Alliance. Read more about Rare Recruitment here. Successful candidates will be made an offer. Please do not forward candidate profiles or resumes to Clayton Utz partners, hiring managers or other employees - this will not constitute as an introduction to the firm and Clayton Utz will not be liable . Remember, we want to give you a chance to tell us all about yourself and why you think Herbert Smith Freehills is the right place for you. 2.2 Jobactive GmbH Berlin. Interviews: August /September 2023 The process took 1 day. Persons listed may not be admitted in all States and Territories. We also act for low-income and vulnerable people who cannot obtain Legal Aid, and the not-for-profits which support them, in more than 1,000 matters each year. Summer: 20 November 2023 15 December 2023 1 Benefits for a job seeker to meet with a recruitment consultant. Applications open: Monday 17 July 2023 You'll complete 3 rotations of 6 months. In terms of outcomes achieved, we prevented 96 people from becoming homeless, provided 1,688 hours of advice on elder abuse matters, recovered $1,134,855 in compensation for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault, and recovered $684,488 for clients in respect of claims for wage theft, unfair dismissal, discrimination, and sexual harassment. Learn more Jobs We were not able to detect your location. Most importantly, we are looking for people we'd enjoy working alongside. Persons listed may not be admitted in all States and Territories. Interviews: September / October 2023 Home Realizacje i porady Bez kategorii clayton utz recruitment process. Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality Our approach is multi-faceted and includes maintaining its WGEA Employer of Choice status (EOCGE citation); running our highly regarded "Momentum" program (a national initiative focused on women); promoting flexible work practices; setting gender KPIs for our people and setting (and achieving) gender targets. whether the employer can elect to offer work and whether the person can elect to accept or reject work; whether the person will work as required according to the needs of the employer; whether the employment is described as casual employment; and. Once you submit this part of the application, you will receive an email, with instructions on how to complete the remaining two items: 2. We promote Environmental Sustainability through initiatives that assist us to understand our impacts and incorporate sustainability into our decision-making. I particularly enjoyed the social activities and the networking opportunities which were frequently organised for clerks. Why is diversity and inclusion important to you? We look for people who are: Results focused and driven Flexible Learning-oriented Good relationship builders Natural leaders We bring our diversity to life through our progressive policies, a focus on inclusion at key talent cycle touchpoints, as well as in our everyday workplace interactions. Students must apply online via claytonutz.com/graduates and are encouraged to upload a rsum to transfer general information into the application (meaning they only have to check it has transferred accurately and fill in any blanks), followed by attaching a copy of their academic transcript and answering three questions (in lieu of a cover letter). We have a visible and robust D&I governance structure at Clayton Utz - including a Diversity Council (chaired by our Chief Executive Partner), a dedicated D&I Director and a comprehensive D&I strategy and action plans through which equality is promoted. Our application process for seasonal clerkships and graduate programs involves two steps. Our graduates complete a minimum of 40 hours of pro bono work a year. . Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety Consultant Contact Details Scott Francis, (07) 3292 7854 Accessibility and Inclusion How would you describe the culture at Clayton Utz? }. Application dates for our offices are listed on theClerkship page. } 1. With over 180 years' experience of operating in the Australian and global economy for home-grown and foreign clients, we have a track-record of getting the job done well and without fuss. }. Staying true to your direction is what defines Clayton Utz. Once you have settled in your practice group your development journey continues with a range of workshops, on-line learning, coaching and mentoring conversations. Preparing questions prior did not assist me. Starting with a local orientation, our clerks are set up for success from Day 1 with support for research training, library training and IT training, just to name a few! 3. If you don't receive the email, make sure to check your junk folder as it can sometimes default there. Please note this survey will ask for information from your time in high school, including grades, so try to have this ready. Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you. No matter how good your law degree, there's always a gap between theory and practice. Occasionally, additional opportunities may arise. Select an impartial investigator It may sound obvious, but it is the most guaranteed way to ensure bias is not an issue in an investigation. Looking after yourself in recruitment season, Getting the most out of networking events, I've never felt pressure to fit into a mould, You get over the bumps in the road by staying true, I've kept pushing myself by having several roles, From professional sport to CU, I pursue excellence, Clayton Utz has allowed me to work flexibly, We have our own role to play, but also support others, I can bring my whole self to work at Clayton Utz, This is my place for the perfect balancing act, Instinct and imagination are key to success, Creating positive change in the community feels great, My passion for the environment means I can make a real difference. We run three Clerkship Programs every year: during at least the last six months, has worked a regular pattern of hours on an ongoing basis which, without significant adjustment, the employee could continue to work as a full-time or a part-time employee (as the case may be). What about cultural diversity? Clayton Utz regularly undertakes this training for employers. The partner was very friendly and down-to-earth. Clayton Utz does not accept agency submissions unless the agency is specifically contacted by a member of the Clayton Utz Recruitment Team. To assist us with gathering relevant information during the application process at Clayton Utz, we have partnered with a company called Rare Recruitment. Graduate Recruitment Consultant T . .st1 { These games are engaging and fun, developed through years of neuroscience and neuropsychology research. Offers made: Wednesday, 11 October 2023 an express obligation for employers to offer eligible casuals conversion to permanent employment, while also allowing eligible casual employees to make requests to convert to permanent employment. Clayton Utz is an inclusive employer that supports flexible work arrangements, please feel free to discuss your flexibility needs with the recruiter for this role. Interviews and recruitment assessments are never fun, however the interview process and assessments at CU were run . The law is what we do, but our community is part of who we are. That diversity helps to generate new ideas, creates more effective teams and relationships, and is a key enabler to attract, develop and retain the very best people. There are 12 games in total, and overall the games should take you about 25 minutes to complete. Our people are what makes Clayton Utz a leading Australian law firm. Your graduate year is a great time to experiment, so experiencing different practice groups is a key component of our graduate program. They underpin everything we do. How long before I finish my studies can I apply for a clerkship? display: none; Complete the application form This includes two questions about you and why you're interested in Corrs. BCG is excited to open its doors to students and early career professionals for a Do you have any questions for us? Please do not forward candidate profiles or resumes to Clayton Utz partners, hiring managers or other employees - this will not constitute as an introduction to the firm and Clayton Utz will not be liable . Take a video interview consisting of five questions via HireVue .st0 { There are practical steps employers should be taking now to: Our recommended steps for clients include: Introduce new clauses to casual contracts that reflect the recent amendments, including: Consider additional contractual clauses that enable the company to recover any casual loading paid to a casual as a debt if their employment is found to be permanent (as a safety net while this legislation is new and being tested); Ensure that casual contracts do not have a clause stating that casual loading entitlements are paid in lieu of the "NES entitlements"; Implement processes to ensure compliance with the new casual conversion obligations (and revisit how these processes interact with award and agreement covered employees); and. Summer 1:20 November 2023 15 December 2023 Our Clerkship Program is a pipeline for our Graduate Program. The process took 2 weeks. What interests you? Rare Recruitment collects data directly from you and from external sources to enable us to better understand your experiences, achievements and skills in the context of your personal circumstances. Once the games have been completed, youll receive a notification within the pymetrics platform that confirms your results have been submitted. Major Projects & Construction Submit an EOI Application I interviewed at Clayton Utz, Rigid, difficulty when responding to a video simulation, The are really professional however I can tell after my introduction that I am not the one they want as they prefer someone who had a background doing paralegal work, Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia, I applied online. Each matter often requires input from various practice groups, meaning you are always working with and learning from different people. Search By Keyword All locations select All areas of expertise select All roles select Andrew Norman , Alex Lebsanft , Wendy Evans , David Wilkie , Clive Luck , Niro Ananda , Lisa Hornsby , Tim Gordon , Ken Saurajen , Dale Brackin , If you are in your final year of study, please outline in your application why you couldn't complete a clerkship in your penultimate year by answering the relevant question. Copyright 2008-2023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. Oldest first Easiest Most Difficult Interviews at Clayton Utz Experience Positive 63% Negative 11% Neutral 26% Getting an Interview Applied online 69% Recruiter 13% Other 6% Difficulty 3.2 Average Hard Average Easy Interviews for Top Jobs at Clayton Utz Paralegal (3) Clerkship (2) Associate Lawyer (1) Lawyer (1) See more interviews for top jobs I was interviewed by a partner and the HR rep. We hire most of our Graduates from our Clerkship Programs. fill: #FFFFFF; Flexibility is a priority for us at Clayton Utz. This has enabled us to participate in numerous activities, with our Community Partners, including climbing mountains with children with Cerebral Palsy, holding mock job interviews in schools and setting up mobile libraries for people living on the streets. Choosing where to take your career is an important decision and here at Clayton Utz we want you to carve your own path. Search Jobs; Browse Employers; Resources. You need to show you have behavioural skills such as time management, initiative, goal setting and achievement, teamwork, an understanding of client service and self-motivation. This survey is not mandatory and you will not be marked down whether you choose to participate or not.