After more than 125 years as a familiar sight in the town, Network Rail have pulled the levers for the last time. HebWeb Small Ads: Ad worked again, so can you please take my ad down. See ITV report. The reputation is owed to the lesbians who moved here in the 1970s.. Thank you, Thanks to our add on HebWeb we now have found tenants for our house, thank you - could you amend our advert please as we are still getting lots of enquires, Rochdale Canal improvements: have your say, Scandal! Found tutor within 3 days. More info and runners-up, Liz Truss's Hebden Bridge past - New Primie Minister Liz Truss was the Conservative candidate for our Calder Valley seat in the 2005 General Election, and lived in Hebden Bridge. 2 Aug 2022, Heptonstall Museum Saved When the Museum was placed on Calderdale Council's asset transfer list, a group of residents set up a group to try and save it. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. Happy Valley: Two different views of our town: Daily Mirror - Hebden Bridge: What life's really like in Happy Valley. Widdop Road, Hebden Bridge HX7 7AT England +44 1422 844614 Website Open now : 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM See all (22) RATINGS Food Service Value Atmosphere Details PRICE RANGE 5 - 20 CUISINES Brew Pub, Diner, British, Pub Special Diets Vegetarian Friendly View all details meals, features, about Location and contact Read the latest Murphy's Lore. Growing vegetables in the Upper Valley is not only perfectly possible, but many farmers are successfully doing this. Thank you. We've been overwhelmed with the response and quality of applicants! 'Grotty' trains with 'filthy' seats Reporter Vicki Grimshaw spent over 24 hours travelling on our railway, with passengers complaining about delays and high costs. Peter David Properties is a local, family owned, estate agent who sell and rent residential properties. Apparently, our town is 'just right side of gentrified. 23 Feb 2023, Scandal! Read more. Excellent result from Hebweb. See Yorkshire Post article, Nearly 100K grant to help preserve Signal Box: Calder Valley Community Land Trust has received the news that it is to receive a 99,600 grant from The National Lottery Heritage Fund for a project focused on preserving the building and creating a heritage centre. Lloyds Bank was the last bank left in Hebden Bridge. See Small Ads page, Messages to HebWeb: ". Before his early death at the age of 34, Hebden Bridge folk musician Trevor Beale had composed and recorded the tracks of this new album. Yorkshire Water sees highest water use in 15 years, Heptonstall Postmaster passes Post Office to Community, Mytholmroyd Station Partnership - plaque unveiled, Hebden Bridge trafficandcarbon emissions set to increase, "Amazing but my house in Tod got rented out within 30 minutes after putting the house on Hebweb.". Read more. "The house is now let so another thanks to Hebweb.". Hebden Bridge Funeral Service - based in Calderdale, West Yorkshire Trusted throughout Calderdale, Hebden Bridge Funeral Service provides an expert service with years of experience. Click to enlarge, Twinning with Warstein A celebration of 27 years of twinning between Hebden Royd and Warstein will take place from 4-7 August. I have had plenty of replies, thank you. See article. Todmorden.. Elections: all 3 seats go to Labour So, thank-you! ", TWO BED HOUSE TO LET - "I took out an ad on 15 August and have had an overwhelming response. Small Ads (28 Feb), PROPERTY TO ", COUNTRY COTTAGE TO LET - - succesfully let within 3 days of posting, SEWING MACHINIST VACANCY The January Dip on New Year's Day at Gaddings Dam and elsewhere - raising money for Crisis and to support those facing the worst forms of homelessness. See this BBC feature. Small Ads "I have now found a lovely place to live after being contacted through the ad within a week. Our brochures and guides. Like last time, I've been inundated with replies and now have a lovely couple to move in at the end of May, so would just like to say thank you, ROOMS IN HOUSE The Calder Valley has for centuries been a rich landscape for the study of nature. Read article, Coiners' story set to be BBC Drama, based upon local author Benjamin Myers' book, The Gallows Pole. 5-A-SIDE FOOTBALL - Great response for the ad for our local sports club, thanks very much! More photos and info. Roger, a jazz pianist, who has performed with many well-known singers and musicians, has directed large-scale musicals. See photos and read the HebWeb report from 2012. ", A Very British Meteorite Martin Lunn told a recent meeting of the University of the 3rd Age that the Middlesborough Meteorite came to Earth at Pennymans's Siding, part of the North Eastern Railway Line which at that time was in Yorkshire, and was witnessed by four railwaymen. "HebWeb ads magic at it again! ", FREE: OAK TABLE - Lovely people have just taken my beautiful table and I know they will restore it and love it. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. Open in Who Shared Wrong byline? Families, friends, neighbours, colleagues etc can pay tribute and messages of condolence online free of charge forever. 15 June. See messages in the HebWeb Discussion Forum, Trades Club lift update: The Building management committee and the Trades club are pleased to announce that the disability access lift is now open again., White Poppy Wreath Around 40 people gathered at the war memorial in Hebden Bridge's Memorial Gardens on Friday morning to witness the laying of a white poppy wreath by the memorial and listen to some poems about the futility of war and conflict. Funeral will be today at 1 . Steve F, Rochdale Canal improvements: have your say People are invited to have their say on options to improve the accessibility and preserve the heritage of Kilnhurst Weir along the Rochdale Canal between Luddenden Foot and Todmorden. Share food, have a chat or play a game. Read reviews from customers of Hebden Bridge Funeral Services about the service they received from our caring and professional staff. Read more. ", 1-BED UNDER-DWELLING"Please take this ad down as we have been indundated, and now have the perfect person", HOUSE FOR RENT 'I put this ad on yesterday and have had an overwhelming response', 2 BED HOUSE TO RENT Read more 2 March, Murphy's Lore: In the latest episode of Murphy's Lore, there's a canal with a makeover, time travellers endangering granddads, Happy Valley coach tours, ancient sex toys, Ukraine one year on, people photos, a painful look at Shingles, kids creating online, a poet recalled and readers who've written. My ad was successful. Pictured left above in 2011. See also: HebWeb feature on Acre Mill, Small Ads - "We filled the vacancy thanks to the Hebweb, brilliant service", Hebden Bridge on Woman's Hour (from around 28 mins in) - our area is praised for being friendly to lesbians the liberal minded, creatives and progressives, for its co-operatives, hippies and Sylvia Plath's grave. See also: HebWeb report of his book launch in April 2012. An invaluable community resource and public information forum reflecting the independent spirit of Hebden Bridge. I have had nice replies and wonder if you could take the ad down now? (17 June), Banking inHebden Bridge:'The only banks left in Hebden Bridge are grass ones down by the river'. See What's on. Hebden Bridge - highest since early January. Read more 22 Dec, Hebden Bridge: one of the best independent high streets. Where would our town be without Hebweb! See Small Ads. A Halifax perspective on news, sport, what's on, lifestyle and more, from your local paper the Halifax Courier. 28 Jan, Choir Seeks New Singers If your New Year's resolution was to take up a new activity, perhaps consider joining The Young At Heart Singers who meet every Tuesday at Mytholm Court, Hebden Bridge. The earliest departure is at 05:00 in the morning, and the last departure from Halifax is at 11:31 which arrives into Hebden Bridge at 12:04. Mark Piggott, who grew up in Hebden Bridge, comments on a recent report on regional accents and the 'serious social, economic and educational harm' they do. As of 2004, it had the highest number of lesbians per head. Hebden Bridge Times British newspaper titles Owner JPI Media Contact Hebden Bridge Times Social media Twitter @NatWorldPub (5,319 followers) compare People Mike Pennington Managing Director at JPI Media David King Chief Executive Officer Graham Walker Commercial Content Director Jeremy Clifford Editor-in-Chief John Ensall Chairman | Hebden Bridge Times Daytime TV presenter Richard Madeley has been confirmed as Piers Morgan's GMB replacement, reports claim. Read more. Read more 7 Oct. WHERE TO STAY in Hebden Bridge. A man described the trains as 'a nightmare' Read Daily Mirror report. Todmorden's Incredible Edible says new law could give people better health, wellbeing and access to fruit and vegetables. Head Office. Small Ads Message received. Small Ads (9 Jan), LET'S PLAY BOARD GAMES! PLACE AN OBITUARY. Shepherds was the last petrol garage still open in Hebden Bridge. . She graduat. The last train from Manchester to Hebden Bridge leaves at 23:23. Read the article, Small Ads: "House successfully rented through Hebweb. Be flood aware In the run up to the third anniversary of flooding in Calderdale caused by Storm Ciara, a new campaign is launching to remind people to check their flood preparation plans. I had a response within an hour of the ad going live and the first viewer took the house. Kate and Jem, and moved to Hebden Bridge in West Yorkshire in 1987, before separating in 1990. See HebWeb news for more info, Local Giving Appeal and media links. Update: according to this Times report, Craig was backing Borris. See HebWeb Forum for various discussion threads about this controversial development. ONE MONTH RENTAL Thank you for another successful ad. Hebden Bridge trends on Tw Once again, Hebden Bridge is in the news following extensive posting on Twitter and Facebook about this notice which appeared in Cornholme's free library. He began working as a journalist on the Hebden Bridge Times at 16, and moved to the Yorkshire Post, and the Guardian . Read more 11 April, Small Ads message: "Could you take down my ad? Read more 26 July. Bus Service Operated by The Keighley Bus Company. Mytholm Works The Town Council have rejected current plans for a Residential development of 38 dwellings, because of the flood risk, insufficent affordable housing, and other reasons. Read more, Above: Waterside Fold/ Little Park deck over Hebden Water. The HebWeb is brilliant. Request viewing/info. Read BBC article. See 2019 report. Small Ads (24 Jan), WANTED: 2-3 BED HOUSE Green Pages Archive 2000 - 2005, a collaboration between the HebWeb, Frogs Design, the HB Times and the former Alternative Technology Centre, now once again available - see here. 25 July, Little Park closed as controversial development continues. Flooded six times since 2000 - there have now been six major floods, and many more smaller ones in the past 20 years. See update and more info. ', HOUSE TO RENT IN TOD Can you please remove my add for the house at Tod as its now been let, the response has been amazing, 2 BED HOUSE TO LET 'I had an overwhelming response. Click photo to enlarge. Yorkshire woman who struggled to move lost three stone thanks to meal plan. Small Ads (15 Jan), LOOKING FOR HOME TO BUY Thank you for a fantastic service.". Mar 2nd 2023. Hebweb worked really well for me - so much interest." BAR WORK We have 2, possibly 3 suitable candidates. Your search results for obituary: 13 newspaper articles contained information about obituary filtered by: Date from: 14th May 1875 - Date to: 14th May 1875. Bernard Ingham, Margaret Thatcher's former Press Secretary, who started his career on the Hebden Bridge Times, has died. Read more, "Many thanks Hebweb, the Small Ad asking for Volunteers to cook and help at Wadsworth Lunch Club has already had success. Beloved husband of the late A visitor left a Tribute on the Death Notice of, A visitor lit a candle on the Death Notice of, A visitor made a Donation on the Death Notice of, Most popular notice home pages and groups, This site is brought to you by Reach PLC who are a supplier member to. And thanks for maintaining this important service to the Hebden Bridge community." He attended Bradford Technical College on day release as part of the studies required to qualify for the Certificate of Training for Junior Journalists, which he described . Families, friends, neighbours, colleagues etc can pay tribute and messages of condolence online free of charge forever. We have now let the property (22 May). 2 BED FLAT IN CHAPEL We were inundated with enquiries from potential tenants. Read more. 25 Sept 2022, New Hebden Bridge Access Map Hebden BridgeDisabilityAccessForum hasjustpublished its updated Step-FreeAccess Map and Guide to Hebden Bridge town centre, with many updates including The Trade Club. The first train from Manchester to Hebden Bridge leaves at 04:51. 144.76.26.105 More info about the events. Both our Town Council and Calderdale Council have agreed to face up to 'the issue of our time' - the climate emergency. The former journalist, who was 90, died on Friday lunchtime after a. Brilliant! Huddersfield - Stainland, Barkisland & Ripponden - Hebden Bridge Show all stops Hebden Bridge - Stainland, Barkisland & Ripponden - Huddersfield Show all stops Times marked s - "set down only" - the bus will only stop to drop passengers off Timetable data from the Traveline National Dataset MERCEDES CAMPER "Could you take down the advert please. HebWeb is so much better", 2 Trillion for Storm Arwen damage Gareth Hughes from Hebden Bridge has received a compensation cheque for more than 2 trillion in what Northern Powergrid has called an "oversight". As well as the main Central Library (Halifax), we have six hub libraries: Brighouse. 19 April, Pace Egg Play back live for the first time since 2019. 27 / 02 / 2023. Celebrate their life by remembering their interests, favourite hymns and hobbies. "Britain at its best: Hebden Bridge where Ed Sheeran was born is a true northern star, declares Mail Online article. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a2c340b4878787c He was finally dropped earlier this year after a petition drew attention to the fact he has always refused to apologise for comments he made in the aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster in 1989. Robertshaw Greenwood Funeral Directors. Read Today's Notices. ), The first episodes of Gentleman Jack, the new drama from Happy Valley writer Sally Wainwright, are based upon a book written about Anne Lister by local writer, Jill Liddington and published by Hebden Bridge publishers, Pennine Pens. FOR SALE UK filmmaker Shane Meadows is to make the drama with UK-Irish producers Element Pictures. More info and leaflet, Fox and Goose one of top 50 pubs according to The Guardian. 28 Feb 2023, New Ways of Exploring the Universe The next Lit & Sci event will be on Sat 18 March when Prof Tim O'Brien will showcase some of the most spectacular astronomical images and discoveries of recent times. 9 Feb 2023, Life in the real Happy Valley As millions watched the last thrilling episode of Happy Valley filmed around here, more of the media are publishing articles about our area. The house is now let. We can make the order of service you have in mind, into a reality. Obituary | No-nonsense times two Bernard Ingham and Betty Boothroyd ensured democracy worked as it should Margaret Thatcher's chief press officer died on February 24th, aged 90; the first. Read report 5 Dec. BIKE REPAIR BUSINESS? Hebden Bridge. Call for 'right to grow' food in UK's unloved public spaces. "Amazing but my house in Tod got rented out within 30 minutes after putting the house on Hebweb. Read more, Steampunk Weekend, 7 Aug 2022. - "Thanks sooooo much for an excellent service. Excellent result from Hebweb. Born on June 21 1932, Sir Bernard Ingham began working as a journalist on the Hebden Bridge Times at 16 and moved to the Yorkshire Post, and The Guardian, before becoming a Whitehall press officer. Read report. ", WORKSHOP ASSISTANT "Our vacancy for a Workshop Assistant is now filled", ROOM TO RENT "Thanks for your help, great response as always!". The Ad was up within minutes and there were 10 enquiries within 24 hours. Yet they are just on our doorstep. Thank you Hebweb (13 June), MISSING CAT "Such a brilliant and immediate response means that he has now been found", 2 BED UNFURNISHED HOUSE FOR RENT" House was rented almost right away through Hebweb, a great resource. Hebden Bridge is a market town in the Upper Calder Valley in West Yorkshire. More photos from Andrew Smith and others. 23 Feb. ", VENUE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER "We've passed the cut-off for applications but are still getting a few responses . which says something positive about the power of Hebweb. I've been inundated with responses. It was, for him, as close to heaven as you. Small Ads. Beloved husband of the late A visitor left a Tribute on the Death Notice of, A visitor lit a candle on the Death Notice of, A visitor made a Donation on the Death Notice of, Most popular notice home pages and groups, This site is brought to you by Reach PLC who are a supplier member to. Hebden Bridge has long been known as the lesbian capital of the UK and these days as a safe space for all queer people. See Guardian article. (In 2017, Philip Round wrote to us: ""HebWeb is by far the best community website I've ever seen online; I check in almost every day even though I live on Vancouver Island in Canada".) Written by Sean Pert, who continues: "The town doesn't just tolerate its LGBT+ community, it values and embraces us." Here's the latest interview from George Murphy, with renowned historian Jill Liddington, an authority on Anne Lister and the Suffragettes. 20 New Road Hebden Bridge HX7 8EF. Asda said the purchases are part of plans to move into smaller, convenience grocery stores. DOUBLE MATRESS Please remove ad. Small Ads (17 Jan), ELECTRONIC AND EXPERIMENTAL MUSIC HOUSE TO LET IN HEBDEN BRIDGE We have had a very good response and I am pleased to say the property is now occupied. Read more, Calder Valley Voices choir sing 'Who Made the NHS sick? Thanks so much! Over 10k new cases nationally in the past 24 hours, the pattern for the past few days. 22 Feb 2023, StoryTrails virtual reality experience is part of the Hebden Bridge Film Festival at the end of March. Timetable Start Date: 03/01/2023 End Date: 01/01/3000 4 King Edwards Court, King Edward Square, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B73 6AP. ", 2 BED HOUSE TO RENTWe would like to thank everyone for such a great response. Found tutor within 3 days. Read article. "Now filled. (27 Nov). I've now got a tenant (through HebWeb advert)", TEMPORARY WAREHOUSE POSITION - really good response and the position is now filled, HOUSE TO LET Old Town - has been taken now. See departure times for every stop on this bus route. Small Ads (5 Jan), DOUGHNUT BUSINESS "Just about to Let our lovely cottage to two delightful people. ", 2 BED HOUSE TO LET Book now via airbnb Link to comment Obituaries If you would like to submit an obituary (800-1000 words preferred, with jpeg image), or have a suggestion for a subject, contact gazette@scotsman.com Subscribe Subscribe at. More info 9 May, Lives Remembered: Colin Crossley was a civil engineer turned handyman who had formidable practical skills. Read report. I've just needed to re-advertise my home for rent, so where to turn to? Click below to get started, or to contact a member of our Obituaries team please call or email - 845-400-1230 [email protected] Get Started. Families and friends can share via various social channels, one single share can go further than you think. Small Ads (6 Jan), ACOUSTIC GUITAR LESSONS . Click here for the 35 second clip. Let's move to Hebden Bridge From the Guardian. WRITER LOOKING FOR QUIET ROOM just placed an ad yesterday. Bernard Ingham and Betty Boothroyd ensured democracy worked as it should Margaret Thatcher's chief press officer died on February 24th, aged 90; the first female Speaker on February 26th, aged 93. It was founded in 1881as the Hebden Bridge Times & Calder Vale Gazette. See Small Ads page, 'Has my Yorkshire grit held me back?' Read more 31 Jan, Small Ad Response received today: "I've had a great response and am now sorted." Andrew was previously a well known roofing. Small Ads (14 Jan), WHERE PINTS WENT TO DIE WANTED: 2-3 BED " Cllr Helen Brundell has been elected for Labour in Todmorden. Thanks, we have now found a suitable person through your advert, WORKSHOP ASSISTANT Read more. 10 fire engines. HebWeb Small Ads - The HebWeb is brilliant. Ingham was a journalist with the Guardian in the 1970s before going into communications for the government. ", Heptonstall: "The beautiful medieval village an hour's drive from Manchester with no cars on the cobbled streets" - see article in Manchester Evening News, Small Ads: Message received: "Delighted by the response and now happily accommodated.". "We've been inundated with enquiries from potential tenants. Swimming - natural lido: with fading prospects of a pool in Hebden Bridge or Mytholmroyd, local swimmers may be interested in plans for a natural lido just a few miles away, Read more. Search the Archive. after months of procrastinating, we've cancelled theHebden Bridge Times(no journalists left!) "It went up yesterday and I've found a tenant! Click here to read some of the coverage of Bernard Ingham by the HebWeb over the past 25+ years 24 Feb, Chasing the Dram: the world of taste and whisky No petrol. I have sold my electric lawnmower today. Donations welcome but not needed. The oak continues its journeyThank you Hebweb. Hebden Bridge . I've found a property thanks to your page. 25 Feb, Bernard Ingham, Margaret Thatcher's former Press Secretary, who started his career on the Hebden Bridge Times, has died. Climate Action Roadshow Slow The Flow has just 2 weeks of events left in their Climate Action Roadshow which continues this week. Local cases before the bawdy courts Anne Mealia told the History Society how, years ago, cases which came before the bawdy courts dealt with offences against Church law, including offences of spiritual and moral misbehaviour, often involving drink and sex. 60 to each community group team of six. COTTAGE TO LET Good Friday. May's Shop is featured on the BBC. The Hebden Bridge Web (Hebweb) is published, produced and maintained by Pennine Pens and started in the summer of 1995. 19 July, Small Ads messages received: "Had an amazing response to our House to Let ad!" Jocelin died peacefully a few days before her 96th birthday and will be remembered locally as a teacher, poet, political and social activist. Halifax to Hebden Bridge bus times. WANTED P A / CARER CENTRAL 1 BED COTTAGE TO LET: We have now found a tenant after an excellent number of responses to the ad. Yorkshire Water sees highest water use in 15 years They provided more than 1.56 billion litres of water on Monday which is around 260 million litres more than usual - enough to supply the whole of York and Leeds. WANTED: 1-2 BED FLAT/HOUSE I have now found a lovely place to live after being contacted through the ad within a week. The new measures will benefit birds, fish and other local wildlife, attract visitors to the area and provide educational opportunities. ", 1 BED HOUSE TO LET"Thank you for your service its a great way to reach the local community. The present station was constructed in 1893, and adjoined busy goods yards - Hebden Bridge was then a mill town, fuelled by water from the surrounding hills. Chris Goddard was fascinated by maps and map-making from an early age. It Takes A Flood ITV programme shown on Tuesday evening (2 Nov) features Hebden Bridge, our community Town Hall and Khalsa Aid, all towards the end of the programme. Sally Wainwright talks of our "dramatic and awe-inspiring" landscape and the influence of local historian Jill Liddington's Anne Lister book. It's still going ahead but, because of the 2015 Flood, not yet. Read more and view 9 Jan, Recent Small Ads include: Houses/rooms offered and wanted; Bohemian Rhapsody in a Day; Let's Play Some Board Games! Obituary | No-nonsense times two. National World Publishing Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Read more - Updated with media reports and Hebden Bridge response notice, Crystal Wilde: Finding peace in hippie Hebden Bridge: "Hippies, hikers, kooky cafes, drugs and lesbians: my home town ofHebden Bridgeis notorious for many reasons, some more surprising than others." Chris reveals his taste in music, how he met his partner, what luxuries he would want to take on a desert island and much more. Thank you. Read more 26 Feb, Town Council Budget For the year 2023-2024, the Town Council budget will tackle the Climate Emergency, the Cost of Living Crisis and support the Hebden Bridge Picture House. Lesley at Elmet Farmhouse. email us Thanks. HebWeb Feature on the 2015 Boxing Day Flood, Hebden Bridge in Yorkshire crowned best place in the UK. ", Huffington Post on Hebden Bridge: "You will find a town that was almost abandoned, but brought back to life by hippies, artists and lesbians looking for a place to make a life." The Hebweb, of course. Lives Remembered: Erika Bowker Born in Germany, Erika Bowker settled in the Calder Valley in the late 1940s after fleeing Russian occupation. More info 16 Jan, Are you an Archers fan? See this HebWeb report from 2009 on why she left Labour. 2 BED FLAT We've had lots of responses and have found some great tenants. HOUSE TO LETThe house was let quite quickly - thanks to HebWeb. Hebden Bridge has been shortlisted in the 'Britain's favourite market town' category in the BBC Countryfile Magazine Awards 2013. More info, Acclaimed folk acapella from USA Music lovers in the valley are in for a rare treat on Tues Jan 24th when acclaimed American folk harmony quartet Windborne perform at St Mary's Church, Tod. Hebden Bridge is best known as a picture-postcard market town nestled in the hills close to the Pennine Way, famous for its bohemian tendencies and lively alternative community. To celebrate the life of our beloved husband, son, father and grandad Smith Moogie 17/08/21 Sad to announce that Sandra passed away at Barnsley Died 3rd February, after a long illness. The immersive storytelling projectbrings stories to life using augmented and virtual reality. Read more 6 Jan. 37 degrees in Hebden Bridge at 3pm, 19 July. Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley. I have had loads of responses and the position is now filled. He told the University of the 3rd Age about his interest in American music. ", Smll Ads: "I had so many wonderful responses to my ad for someone to help me re-organize my house post-flood, I wanted to employ everyone! Tony Spink is retiring after 22 years, with the local community banding together to buy his branch. Thank you. ", HebWeb also available on the slightly shorter hebdenbridge.uk as well as hebdenbridge.co.uk, Small Ads - "We placed a job ad on the Hebweb recently, intending to keep it there for 2 weeks, but we had to take it down after 3 days due to the huge response generated", Britain's favourite market town? FREE TOPSOIL Bestselling English language writer in Germany: According to Der Spiegel, The Offing by Hebden Bridge writer, Benjamin Myers, is expected to be the best selling English language novel in Germany this year, ahead of Sally Rooney and Stephen King and is currently third in their overall fiction best sellers list. Far more than a large home page, the HebWeb is now an essential local resource. Small Ads - Message received: "We've filled the room. Read more, Hebden Royd Town Council has declared that Hebden Royd should be carbon neutral as soon as possible. ", Family of former councillor and journalist Philip Round win 300,000 in case against Hebden Bridge asbestos factory. No longer a local paper, ruined by the present publishers. Another HebWeb success.". Read more 17 Jan, Bridge across the Generations was screened at Mytholmroyd Community Centre at 11am on Sat 21stJan. HOUSE TO LET - Todmorden. Hebden Bridge, Bridge Lanes / at Bridge Lanes Heptonstall Rd; Hebden Bridge, stop HB15 Market Street; Hebden Bridge, stop HB7 New Road; What time does the last train from Manchester to Hebden Bridge leave? I'm very pleased to say the house is now let again so would you mind taking down the ad? Meanwhile, one of Hebden Bridge Times's columnists was, at least until recently, local lad and Thatcher's former press secretary Bernard Ingham. Hebden Bridge features in The Spectator "The Yorkshire town thats gone from dirty old buildings to New Age nirvana" by William Cook. Joyce Ann Bollman, 86, of Hendersonville, NC, died Friday morning, February 3, 2023, at the Life Care Center of Hendersonville after a brief illness. Often a friend to his customers, Colin was "the sort of person whose life forms part of the glue that binds small communities like ours together." WANTED: A ROOM OF MY OWN Ive found a great house in Mytholmroyd and from 1 May, moved in and happy. Paul Barker was a paper boy at Jones' Newsagents, went on to edit New Society from 1968-86 and wrote the book aboutHebden Bridge: A Sense of Belonging. Children welcome with an adult. Disabled people in Hebden Bridge and throughout Calderdale are stepping up their campaign for the banning of A boards and other obstructions on our narrow pavements. In his later years, he wrote his memoirs, Kill the Search Places Events Culture Cuisine Lodging Shopping Hebden Bridge In Focus An offering of some of the delightful businesses in Hebden Bridge. Multiple photos can be added at point of booking and directly on the notice once it has been published for free. 2 BED HOUSE TO LETOur house let very quickly so pleae could you remove the advert for it. Small ads: "We've successfully rented our house. "Hebden Bridge is vibrant; there's a lot going on artistically and it's also got great galleries, pubs and restaurants." Hebden Bridge artist Kate Lycett featured in Yorkshire Post feature. Welcome to Visit Hebden Bridge!