The usual barrel length of this type is 24-inches, round, although a later rifle with 22-inch barrel was also provided. It was a beautifully crafted hunting rifle complete with double set triggers. Born from genius, forged by gigantic hammers, built for eternity. The barrel is round and is 20-inches long. Here are some links that show Mauser books: http://www.gunbooksales.com/mauser.htm Who would not want to carry one of these hefty brutes in the African bush? All were hand checkered and had sling swivel studs. It was used on type A rifles in calibers 10.75x68mm and .404 Jeffery. In 1255 Munich became the home of the Wittelsbach family, which had succeeded to the duchy of Bavaria in 1180. RELASE (SIDE), MAUSER M-98 COMMERCIAL By that I mean the same action, same barrel contour, etc. Steel trigger guard. Please click Accept Cookies to continue to use the site. Looks like this one was put together in Germany probably pre ww2 and then later imported. Doesnt fit tight even in a sporter stock and leaves a gap between the trigger guard and the action. The Mauser M 98 Magnum is a currently (2019) produced magnum variant of the modern M 98 line intended for big-game safari hunting. Update your shipping location. BRIDGES RECEIVER, LWT., RECEIVER NEEDS TO BE DRILLED AND TAPPED, MAUSER M-98, HINGED FLOORPLATE, FOR There is a steel grip cap with the Mauser logo, a black fore-end tip, apparently of ebony, and a black recoil pad. The third type was the same except that the barrel was half octagon. I dont know how popular it was on the Continent, but in the U.S. market it went over like the proverbial lead balloon. [4], The currently (2019) produced Mauser M 98 Magnum rifles are offered in .375 Holland & Holland Magnum with a 5+1 magazine capacity, .416 Rigby, and .450 Rigby with a 4+1 magazine capacity.[5]. Current Bid $605.00 Starting Bid $495.00 Buy Now Price Was $0.00 No Reserve! $200.00. The type M was made with both single trigger and set triggers and with leaf sights or tangent curved sights. $45 00. Bolt handle ball with colour case hardening, fish scale checkering and gold inlays. . MAUSER 12 Big Max. A MAUSER 98 rifle is currently worth an average price of $830.45 new and $809.36 used . I inherited a Mauser when my grandfather recently passed away. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. The unset weight is about 7 pounds and the set weight is about 5 ounces . Reference, . The M 98 system consists of a receiver that serves as the systems shroud and a bolt group of which the bolt body has three locking lugs, two large main lugs at the bolt head and a third safety lug at the rear of the bolt which serves as a backup in case the primary locking lugs failed. Im over 6 feet tall, weigh 205 pounds and wear a 34-inch sleeve length, and my rifles are 1378-inch LOP. The walnut stock has a checkered cheekpiece. Timney Triggers MAUSER FEATHERWEIGHT 98FM FM-98 Curved Trigger - 201 Brand New 46 product ratings $89.99 Top Rated Plus List price: $99.99 10% off ohyasales (221,798) 99.9% or Best Offer Free 4 day shipping Free returns 341 sold Sponsored Timney #301 FDM-98-FN Mauser 98 Featherweight Deluxe Adjustable Trigger 1.5-4lb Brand New 28 product ratings As for my grandpa, I am very lucky to have known him as an adult. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Plus, it will eventually be offered in standard calibers, I am told, but exactly when Ive not been able to find out. Handsome Rob TGO Benefactor 2.6k Location: Tullahoma, Tennessee, United States Author Posted June 9, 2020 $169.99. The M 98 controlled round feed bolt action system is a simple, strong, safe, and well-thought-out design that was originally patented by Paul Mauser on 9 September 1895 and inspired other military and hunting/sporting rifle designs that became available during the 20th and 21st century. Details of the firearms and the calibreoptions are listed in the table below. CT buyers must be FFL holder. We first set up at 50 yards since the standing leaf rear sight was adjusted for that distance. In addition to manufacturing rifles for the German army, Mauser also produced a line of sporting rifles during the period between the World Wars. Mauser Model 98 AZ Small Ring Sporting Stock (STOCK211) $100 00. . The late 1950s and early 1960s are often referred to as the "Golden Age" for the gunsmith hobbyist. ALL ARE WALNUT UNLESS STATED, ALL SEMI FINISHED. The Mauser M 98 internal magazine has a 5+1 magazine capacity in standard calibers and 4+1 in magnum calibers. . Fixed, European sporting style front sights. Americans, on the other hand, are taught to weld their cheek tightly on the stock. Pattern five was the same as pattern four with full octagon barrel but had set trigger. Save my name and email to use for future comments. The entirely new MAUSER 98 line is not only a unique combination of technology and craftsmanship, but a true commitment to our roots as the birth-place of the worlds most reliable rifles. The 1909 action is a 98 Mauser with a unique exception to Mauser military rifles and military rifles in general; the 1909 Argentine has a hinged floor plate, with a sporter-style release in the front of the trigger guard. The rifle has been sporterized and fitted with a Bishop stock. MAUSER 98 Magnum Diplomat. Along the way I bought a very nice German '98 8mm sporter built between the World Wars. Very crisp and clean bore on this 20" stepped barrel in 7x57. They usually have lots of time to make their shot. Vaguely similar to the latter rifle in appearance, the M 98 is offered in many different hunting chamberings, not like the original service rifle. Thanks for the information Jim and Bill. CONDITION, MAUSER 98 SPRING 2 3/4", MAUSER M-98 COMMERCIAL, FIRING PIN, NEW The Mauser M 98 rifle series can also be ordered with an optional Mauser horizontal 3-position safety with locking lever to ensure good operability of the safety catch leaver with low mounted aiming optics. Search. Building a Mauser sporter requires relatively few components, basically just a stock, a barrel, an action, a trigger, and a safety. COMMERCIAL MAUSER 18 Fenris. Learn how your comment data is processed. To convert the rather ungainly military rifle to a sleek sporter, I turned to custom gunsmith Greg Wolf who shares quarters . the leghth from trigger screws . The safety secures the firing pin. Nice older Mauser 98 large ring sporter with double set triggers in 8mm Mauser. 08-07-2011 02:42 AM #4. Rare Gewehrfabrik Danzig 98 Mauser Sporter 8mm Bolt Action German Rifle with Double Set Trigger & Checkered Walnut Stock Click Photo to Enlarge Guns International #: 101528564 Seller's Inventory #: 485904 UOK 5D Category Mauser Rifles - Sporter Pre-War Rifles - German & Austrian Sporting Seller's Information Anytime I have some serious range work, I usually ask Jeff, likewise an avid hunter, shooter and gun nut like his dad, to tag along just in case I have an off day. ON, SPORTERS, MAUSER M-98 BOLT HANDLES (ONLY,) $296.84. I am looking forward to learning a lot here in this forum. No modification to the rifle is needed, and if you make the adjustable out of a spare trigger, the rifle can be returned to original in two minutes. Description: GERMAN 8 MM MAUSER CUSTOM SPORTER DOUBLE SET TRIGGERS CUSTOM SAFETY , WALNUT STOCK,SLING SWIVELS, S MARKED BARREL,BRIGHT BORE ,STRONG RIFLING, SCOPE MOUNTS , 24 INCH BARREL ,13.5 LENGTH OF PULL , SOME PARTS WAFFEN MARKED GREAT RIFLE you can't build one this nice for the money again 8mm Mauser. That also affects the LOP. In 1898, the German army bought the Mauser design and its 7.9257 cartridge as their standard combat rifle. Engraved, gold-inlaid Original MAUSER logo. These unique rifles are available in a standard version anda magnum version. Mauser 98 Custom in 8mm caliber with double set triggers, steel checkered toe butplate and extra fine checkering on stock and schnabel forend. If youve ever wrestled through the alders and willows in Alaska, or the mopane scrub in Africa with a long-barrel rifle, you know what I mean. Website by Hudson. He didn't pull no punches the way he said it to me. 200.00. There may have been something over looked while writing a description that your salesman will catch for you. Combined with a slight bolt retraction at the last stage of the bolt opening cycle, caused by the cammed surface on the rear receiver bridge, this results in a positive cartridge case extraction. Mauser 98 Double Set Trigger Anschuetz New With Kick Off Last Available. The walnut stock is very attractive and has been recently refinished. It has a slightly extended magazine to permit loading an additional cartridge. or Best Offer . From buttplates to bayonet studs, you'll find all the Mauser 98 rifle parts that you have been looking for in one spot! Mark Twain once observed that a lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes and nowhere is that axiom more true than in the world of firearms, especially since the advent of the Internet. Sling swivels are provided, one on the barrel and the other on the stock. The pistol grip is steel capped. MAUSER 12 Max. The floorplate and trigger guard show a bit more thinning and the forward lock screw is missing (an easy replacement). The American selling price of these Magnums was about $250.00. Simple solution, a hacksaw! In the interim, the company marketed a few very nice Model 98 sporters; however, I believe that these early 98s were produced by someone else in Germany and marketed by Mauser. An express iron sight line with one standing and two folding leaves zeroed for 50, 100 and 150 meters are standard. . Place your order today. This Magnum variant exploits the fact that throughout the design's history, standard and enlarged versions of the Mauser M 98 system have been produced for the civil market. Congrats on the great inheritance even though it is a sad way to get it. Two that Im aware of are Johannsen and Prechtl, and recently Ive learned of another, FZH. Mauser Trigger Guard assembly waffen marked K98 Mauser trigger guard READ!! Free shipping This type was also made with flat bolt handle but may be encountered with pear shaped bolt handle. Sling swivels are provided. The group also owned the firms Blaser, SIG and Sauer. . This type weighs about 7-pounds. SAFETY, MAUSER SRM (1894-1895) COCK ON MOUNT, ONE PIECE, Mauser K98 Items For Sale. I ordered a book. We hope this will continue to have exactly the firearm you are expecting delivered to you. Mauser 98 . One of his most important lessons was, if it aint broke, dont fix it. The 98 Mauser has never been broken, and is in no need of fixing. The Sear has a hole drilled up thru it and a 6/32 screw runs up thru the return spring with a lock nut on the bottom. MAUSER 18 LR Chassis. The time has come for the original to be manufactured at home: at MAUSER. Lifting the handle cocks the bolt, but lowering the handle with the trigger pulled decocks it. 2-Trigger Mauser 98 - TheFiringLine Forums. Between that event and 1898, the brothers developed several different improvements featured in succeeding models, culminating in the development of the standard upon which just about all bolt-action rifles today are based in one manner or the other, the Model 98. The rifle will soon be available in .375 H&H, .416 Rigby, .450 Dakota, .458 Lott and .500 Jeffrey. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. The company was taken over by the Rheinmetall Group in 1995 or thereabouts, and from then until about 2000 or so Mauser built and marketed a series of rifles, namely the Model 96 and 97. Come join the discussion about hunting, fishing, survival, archery gunsmithing, optics, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! In about 2000, give or take a year, Rheinmetall sold the civilian arms portion of Mauser production to the Lke-Ortmeier group of investors who then formed Mauser Jagdwaffen GmbH. TRIGGERGUARD, The M 03 had a suggested retail price starting at around $4,500 and went up from there depending on the variation, and the M 12 starts at around $1,500 and goes up from that figure. TO WELD i'm not much for mausers but this one is beautiful, " oh we didn't sink the bismarck, and we didn't fight at all, we spent our time in Norfolk and we really had a ball. Top Register To Reply. It also features a double square bridge for mounting a telescopic sight. Call us at +309 342-5800 Tuesday - Friday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Us / Orders . The first pattern was supplied with 24-inch round barrel, silver bead foresight on matted block, pear-shaped bolt knob, hinged magazine bottom plate with lever release, walnut stock with cheekpiece, full checkered and steel capped pistol grip, hard rubber butt plate and sling swivels. The best Ive been able to determine is next year at the earliest.. ENDED - $379.00. Place your order today. STRIPPED HANDLE TURNED DOWN TO SPORTER NEEDS TLC AND The only words I can see on the action are WAFFENFABRIK MAUSER-OBERNDORF. Mauser 98 Sporter. $126.99. Opens in a new window or tab. Thats my personal opinion of course, but apparently most in the marketplace agreed with me. Ill just keep buying classic Husqvarna, Brno and FN spotters that occasionally pop up on the market for well under $1k. It was not a Mauser design, but rather one by Walter Gehmann, a well-known inventor, competitive shooter and firearms dealer in Germany. Note the double triggers. A very nicely done job! TO WELD The safety can only be released by firing the rifle with the safety set in the ready to fire position or by closing the cocked bolt with a previously pulled trigger that must be kept pulled back during the closing operation. Any Mauser set trigger sporter is a real prize and one to be cherished! This type had dual set triggers. MAUSER 98 Magnum Expert Africa's legendary big-game hunters knew what to trust: the mighty double or, with its larger capacity, the magazine-fed indestructible and reliable Magnum MAUSER action. BOTTOM, M-98 COMMERCIAL COCKING PIECE, STRAIGHT Since I lived in Germany for a bunch of years, and have worked with the German firearms industry for about four decades, I understand why this happens. Buyer Tip: Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item. Bolt, Military, Stripped (Straight Handle), Bolt, Stripped, Bent & Altered, Various Degrees of Finish, Used - Cond May Vary, Bolt, Turkish 98, Complete (w/ Straight Handle), Firing Pin w/ Round Gas Check Collar, Brazilian Large Ring, Firing Pin, Blued, New Reproduction (Unmarked), Low Scope Safety, Blued Steel, New Reproduction, Safety, Extended, 98K Sniper, Blued-Steel, New Reproduction, Side Safety, Commercial, Parker Hale/Santa Barbara Style, Blued Steel, New, Bolt Sleeve, Commercial, Polished, In The White, Orig. SPORTERS WILL NEED FINISH AND POLISH WORK DONE, MAUSER M-98 TURNED DOWN SPORTER, COMMERCIAL MAUSER 98 Jubilumswaffe. Buttplate w/ Trapdoor, Parkerized Steel, Original, VG to Exc. Before leaving for the range with my son Jeff, I went through my stash of ammo. This is approximately double the cost of the standard action. Sadly it . Mauser 98 Sporter Stock Nice Walnut 1898 M98 G98 Kar98k. 8MM MAUSER BOLT ACTION 5 ROUNDS 24 BARREL. The Type B was manufactured in a variety of patterns. Therefore bedding is absolutely necessary or else the follower gets jammed. Save mauser 98 sporter to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. from US$13,639.00, from US$14,677.00, from US$15,081.00, from US$16,146.00, The image shows the anniversary model MAUSER 98 Magnum .375 H&H, milestone of modern firearms technology: the anniversary. Pre-Owned. The steel plate is ribbed and has a trap for cleaning rod which may be screwed together. Older issues of Shooting Times from this period contain numerous articles about various gunsmithing projects. 60.00. This was a special lightweight adaption of the regular Model 1898. . Jeff shot the best group that measured 1.062 inches, a great group shooting with a scope let alone just open sights. 4 Bids Bid History We are located in Northern California. This bolt sleeve lock was not present on previous Mauser bolt action designs and reduced firing pin travel and lock time. Commercial mausers were offered in numerous barrel variations from round, full length octagonal, half round half octagonal etc. Used. Mauser 98 Sporter 8mm Mauser w/ Sear Block Safety C&R. Up for auction is a sporterized Mauser 98 chambered for 8mm Mauser. It features nondetachable sling swivels, with the front swivel on a barrelband base. We do this to assure you are getting the firearm you want, by describing condition to you in person. The Mauser brothers, Wilhelm and Paul, came on the scene in about 1867 when they invented a vastly improved rotating bolt system for breechloading rifles, and in 1871 their Model 71 rifle was adopted by the German army as its standard rifle. In the case of Mauser, they made precision measurement instruments and tools such as micrometers. Besides these options further customizing options like Rigby-style peep sight, and engraving on action and floorplate are also available. Mauser 98 Sporter Parts List Sort by: Show Available 0 Schematic w/ Parts List 1 Extractor 2 Extractor Collar 3 Bolt COMMERCIAL SPORTER BOLT, MAUSER M-98 BOLT HANDLES (ONLY,) Came from gunsmith estate, unknow maker. These rifles weighed about 7.25 to 7.75 pounds. The higher the cheek, the longer the LOP required. This is the Overtravel set screw. Frosted with STRONG RIFLING. BE FOR ALTERED FOR M-98 MILITARY MAUSER), MAUSER M-95 7MM, TURNED DOWN SPORTER BOLT, MAUSER 48, INTERMEDIATE 98 SERIES , 8MM When the agreement was terminated, Heym made a few modifications and marketed the rifle worldwide as the Heym Models SR-20, 30 and 40. The trigger is fully adjustable, and the test rifle has a fantastic trigger that fits the old saw releases like breaking glass. According to my trigger scale it releases at 3 pounds. The stock is of light weight sporting design and much better finished than the military issue. WITH A 300-grain slug leaving the muzzle at 2,470 fps is sufficient to lay most anything low. Colour-case hardened trigger guard with the number of the anniversary model. For a historical military rifle, see, Learn how and when to remove this template message, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mauser_M_98&oldid=1112456249, Articles needing cleanup from September 2022, Articles with bare URLs for citations from September 2022, All articles with bare URLs for citations, Articles covered by WikiProject Wikify from September 2022, All articles covered by WikiProject Wikify, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 26 September 2022, at 12:01. Pretty much whatever the customer wanted. Paul and Wilhelm would be proud. We learned quickly that the rifle liked neither of our handloads. Though when you book a double room/double bed, it is generally a whole bed, not two singles or two mattresses - hence my concern at booking a 'double' room in Munich only to find I have two single beds pushed together, which as a couple we find uncomfortable for our sleeping . Numrich Gun Parts Corp. has the complete schematic and a wide selection of Mauser 98 parts for your needs. It was made in single trigger and hair set-trigger type; also with round, partly round, partly octagon and full octagon barrels. POSITION SAFETY, MAUSER FOLLOWER FOR 7.62X39 CAL To place The barrel measures exactly 615mm from bolt face to muzzle (a gnat's over 24-1/4") & the bore slugged at exactly .358 in the grooves, not the more typically European .355-.356, making me wonder if it could possibly have been rebored over here. Mauser 98 Born from genius, forged by gigantic hammers, built for eternity. Various types of sights were provided and this design was made in both single-trigger and double set-trigger types. NECG Double Set Rifle Trigger Mauser 98 Mauser-Style Product #: 172590 Manufacturer #: R-404 UPC #: 197706172590 2 Write a Review Q&A (1) List Price: $174.00 Our Price: $169.99 Discontinued Style: Curved Compatible With: Mauser 98 Questions? FN MODEL 1924 MEXICAN CONTRACT SPORTERIZED - C52330. Mauser Reference page If that is the case, naturally, the .375 would weigh the most, as the hole in the barrel is smaller, thereby causing it to weigh more. The bolt handle is flat, another characteristic. Original Rifled New - Unissued Mauser Muzzle Protector Cap Cleaning Guide. Threads are used for connection with optical sight bases, which are mounted optionally. Timney Trigger Mauser 95 96 Featherweight Deluxe, Adjustable 1.5-4lb - 303. CLOSE KIT W / INSTRUCTIONS, M-93 / 95 SHROUD CONVERTED TO 2 $75.00. Lately I have developed a keen interest in firearms history. Unlike the controlled-round feed of the Model 98, however, it was a push-feed action. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Modern high-end Mauser hunting rifles still use the 98 action with a version of this safety mechanism. Add to cart. Mauser Jagdwaffen GmbH is a subsidiary of SIG Sauer. It went through a few modifications to eventually become the K98, the main battle rifle of the German army in World War II. Mauser 96 Steel Trigger . RELEASE WILL NEED FITTING. A big-game hunter can rest assured that with the Model 98 Magnum in his hand, he will have the uncompromising firepower of five (.375) or four (.416 or .450) cartridges in the magazine to tackle the jobs a double rifle cannot achieve. That's just the way most DST set ups on MAuser and Mannlicher rifles are.