In-depth analysis. I believe he gets embarrassed enough to make a decision after this season. Were not playing games that a lot of people play just to stay in that circle., Kirkconnell, who won Season 25, faced major backlash after photos of herdressed for an antebellum plantation-themed party in college resurfaced on social media. Cal's recruiting won't be repeated, certainly. If Matt Jones runs for office, will he release his tax returns? There are some hosts who prepare a monologue; I dont do that. I watch, read about and do other stuff. But we are entering a different era in terms of coverage and a different era in terms of websites, and now you have to invest in video and audio (content); its different than it was when I started. He didn't even realize the economic benefits that have been seen. THIS IS BECAUSE HE GETS PAID FOR BY THE WORD AND RYAN LEMON MAKES NO MONEY AT ALL HE IS PAID IN T SHIRTS LOL FOR CHRIATMAS MATT JONE PLAYED A PRANK WHERE HE BOUGHT BRYAN LEMON 5,000 SHIRTS THAT HE STOLE FROM ALL THE GOODWILLS. That it was a natural step from there into politics speaks to Kentucky's complicated and bifurcated identity. "I don't really know the answer to that. A Twitter war broke out last night between creator and host of Kentucky Sports Radio, Matt Jones, . And I think in 2021, the thing people crave is real. Copyright @2023 SECRant.com. Next season is his last and then Frank will be brought in to stabilize the program til we figure out where we are going. Jones stepped down from the show briefly after the Republican Party of Kentucky filed a . I cant explain it and Im the Cal Ripken Jr. of jury duty service in Fayette County. For example, the Courier-Journals Tim Sullivan fired off tweets insinuating it was an inside job. And he lives in Capt Suntan's head ret free.. Its still a bit hyprocritical IMO. as he considers entering the Democratic primary for a chance to take on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. No Cason Wallace, no Sahvir With today's win over Arkansas, Kentucky is locked into the No. what happened to matt jones ksr. Janet said, "I lost my sweet boy today after a long hard fight." He has two kids and a state of fans who adored him. His rushing totals have since been eclipsed by Tim Tebow and Nick Fitzgerald. I understand why their salaries are shared publicly, but to share that information to thousands of people through radio isnt a good look. MG: What is your favorite sport? Jones was named Second-team All-Southeastern Conference at the end of the season. Matt Jones and the KSR crew bring you the latest in UK news and views Mon.-Fri. from 10 to noon. When McConnell couldn't settle on a date Jones heckled him for the next two weeks, until McConnell made an unannounced call into the show. "She would be a great public servant, I just don't know if she can beat McConnell in Kentucky, which is probably what the goal is.". I spend less than I used to. MG: Where were you then? MG: People want that, and you do have it. "She's got a great resume, she's also a really good person. Take a good long hard look at the college basketball landscape and understand where we are going to fall in the pecking order of today's recruits because I am telling you right now, nothing that Kentucky has ever been through before is going to look like what is next. "The easiest answer to that is no," he says, "because that makes everybody happy." For reasons that aren't fully clearJones speculates the college-town media took it easy on Pitino and didn't think readers would be interestedthe local media pretty much ignored the trial until Jones's coverage blew up. In 2020, Mitch McConnell will have served five full terms as a US senator. The First Impressions author also blamed editing for viewers finding him boring and saying he had no personality, claiming producers had cut out more significant conversations he had with the women about his life. I was working (as a lawyer) for a couple of judges, and when I was not doing legal stuff I wanted something else to do. I love the state. In a place like Kentucky, that is often looked down upon, I think they appreciate someone who has pride in the state. I really liked the idea. Amy McGrath:McGrath backtracks on Kavanaugh, saying 'I would have voted no', "She can't beat McConnell," he added. Dateline NBC. That's $900,000 per day she works. I enjoy it; I get the most entertainment from it. Share. . "I still love @hey_kentucky and will return if I do not run. Matt James slammed "The Bachelor," saying he and girlfriend Rachael Kirkconnell are "still going strong" because they do not play the show's "games." Matt Jones likely has additional revenue sources. Back then, the thing I was best at, the thing I liked the most, was appellate law. That will always exist. They are really the only ones. @KySportsRadio. The man brought us some really fun times from 2009-2015. It plans to chronicle what Jones sees as McConnell's . Is that part of the problem? By the time his playing days at Arkansas were over, Jones was the SEC's all-time leader in career rushing yards by a quarterback. Where does he work besides KSR and the radio show? While Kentucky journalists criticize Jones for all manner of supposed sins, at the heart of them all is his amorphous position in the media spectrum. Democrats:Send her back chant at Donald Trumps rally moves race to center of 2020 contest. The Razorbacks lost to the University of Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl, and finished with a record of 75. It has a rich history, especially in Louisville. Kentucky Sports Radio host Matt Jones is losing his television show until the outspoken media personalitymakes a decision on running for U.S. Senate in 2020, according to a Lexington station. One day, there are a couple of markets that it would be good to consider. MG: How much preparation is required for each KSR show? He had found out that Ohio Valley Wrestling was potentially for sale and he thought that with his business acumen and my marketing ability it would be a good partnership and I agreed. Kirkconnell, 24, and James, 29, returned home to find out that her racially charged Instagram photos from 2018 had resurfaced and sparked a ton of backlash . Ours stayed pretty solid because we have always been more a sports and pop culture show rather than just a sports show. If the government did not pass the PPP programs, I think we now would have only about one in 10 restaurants we had before. But this past general assembly Jones: I know we have to follow them, but if you were the one in charge, if a bill came before the Senate that said "In America the recreational use of marijuana would be allowed," would you vote for it or not? Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. But I think one of the things we have seenand this has happened in politics toois that over the years coverage of all events has become more, for lack of a better term, partisan. The feud began after Jones tweeted that KSR is the #1 radio show in podcast downloads across the entire iHeartMedia company. Matt Jones on KSR earlier this morning started off saying Cal has kept his distance from the AD this entire time and now is distant from all the media which Cal is weird and a loner anyways so thats not too shocking but he has friends that were boosters and he's been distant from them too now. The restaurants that have survived this deserve everybodys support because for many of them it was just barely surviving. liverpool v nottingham forest 1989 team line ups; best crews to join in gta 5. jay chaudhry house; bimbo bakeries buying back routes; pauline taylor seeley cause of death But will it ever be a nationwide sport that can be in there with basketball, football and baseball? He gets paid by 2 or 3 different companies while also owning KSR. He also has a syndicated radio program on UKsports. He played college football at Arkansas. Millions of dollars. Mark as Played. MJ: Louisville would be the only consideration and there are a couple of problems. Polls going into today's vote gave the incumbent a six-point cushion or so, and a victory for McConnell, coupled with a good all-around election day for Republicans, would make him the highest-ranked Republican in the country. We were able to get it at a fairly good price, and we decided it was worth it. 2023-03-03- KSR - Hour 1. Soccer is a much bigger deal than it was when I was a kid, but it is never going to be one of the big sports because there is not enough action. But I think one of the things we have seenand this has happened in politics toois that over the . MJ: I dont have any blocks slated out. Another attorney told me he expected no indictment because Lexington generally protects UK athletes, Sullivan tweeted. In the NBA, players make five, 10, 15 times as much as their coach. The merch isn't great. I think its going to take a while to recover. I am disappointed that candidates who raise massive amounts of money are then scared of allowing a person to do his regular job he created. He and his partners are opening a sports-themed restaurant called KSBar and Grille in Lexington. My rationale was we were basically the last really big independent college sports website in the country. I didnt hate it, but it wasnt for me. All of those things have changed. Uh, you might want to review your recent UK history there buddy. On February 12, 2010, Jones signed a one-year, $700,000 contract with the Bengals. He then finished 2006 with 41 receptions for 643 yards and four touchdowns. It used to be that for all of the sports leagues, there was a maximum amount of revenue that could be generated; you could only charge so much for tickets. McGrath upset many progressive groups and liberals across the countrywhen she told the Courier Journal she would have voted to confirm JudgeBrett Kavanaugh to theSupreme Court. Posted on 25 fevereiro, 2023 by 25 fevereiro, 2023 by Travis, who hosts morning drive on the East Coast for the iHeart-owned FOX Sports Radio, was quick to correct Jones. Ryan Lemond, of Kentucky Sports Radio, addressed the situation involving his son Michael Lemond, 18, on KSR Friday during a conversation with Matt Jones. One of the things that has always been my goal is to not just be sports; to be life and to talk about everything. "KSR and its listeners wanted to find a way to give back to the communities that we love and do it in a way that shows the big heart of the people of Kentucky," said KSR Host Matt Jones. Matt Jones shares what he's hearing about Kentucky's current approach to Name, Image, Likeness (NIL) in recruiting, specifically athletic director Mitch Barn. Matt Jones, host of KSR, spoke for the opening segment of the KSR Postgame show about the state of the program and what all went wrong in the Cats' 89-75 los. I used to watch everything that was on. When they leave the state, for a lot of people, we are the way they keep connected to their home. The internet has made it to where there are infinite ways to follow a team and to watch a team. Jones worked out with several teams during the 2009 season, but none resulted in contracts. Thread starter FMCANE; Start date Dec 20, 2018; 1; 2; 3; . KSR is a fan blog that has swelled to employ three writers besides Jones, which frees him up to host the radio program. -- Why Tony thinks WakeyLeaks was stupid. And Kentucky is one of only a handful of states in the country where this can even happen. goodwill is a main sponsor on their show iirc I think in radio people want to know that you care and that it matters to you and that is the big difference. We have done better than most because I have a built-in advertising platform. Judge Judy makes $47 million a year. Yep. Creig Ewing, a sports editor with the Louisville Courier-Journal from 1998 to 2014, says he often ran into issues with Jones and the KSR crew. Jonesis known by many as the most visible fan of University of Kentucky college sports, who has created a media empire based on the school's rabid fan base. SECRant.com is an independent website and is not affiliated with the Southeastern Conference. He gave his legal understanding of the matter on today's show. Taking inspiration fromof all placeshow Howard Dean's calamitous 2004 presidential campaign used the internet, they added a blog too. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Study hard on Louisville's season as those are on the menu as well. To license the show, stations give iHeartRadio half of their ad inventory for it to sell. Matt Jones of Kentucky Sports Radio hopes so. "If you say something, I am going to pound you on it.". I am a competitor, so if its competitive I like it. He disagrees with Gillispie's analysis, but the mere fact that it's even plausible at all speaks volumes about Jones's power in Kentucky sports media. The chips were stacked against Kentucky in Fayetteville today. As a rookie, Jones finished 2005 with 36 receptions for 432 yards and five touchdowns. It is amazing in 2021 that that is even a question. This puts him at odds with his listeners, whose politics he doesn't share. You best be ready for Indiana-fication because that's what's on the menu. Who on earth would disagree with that? However, the FEC said its own review showed KSR occasionally ventured into political talk before Jones considered running for office. The NFL suspended Jones for three weeks for violating the league's substance abuse policy. "The worst thing you can do is to seem like your beliefs are malleable, and what's unfortunate is that is the impression that the first 48 hours has given some people," Jones said in an interview. "He looked at me and said, 'You're the reason this happened.'" MG: How did a Middlesboro guy who went to college in Lexington at Transylvania University and attended Duke Law School, both on scholarship, decide to get into the business of talking about sports? On3 is a registered trademark of On3 Media, Inc. the grand jurys dismissal of the charges. MJ: Well, its nothing now; I havent practiced in a decade. Now that its over, Im going to tell you what really happened, Matt Jones explained. Despite, or perhaps because of, the race's importance, it has been an especially stupid and acrimonious campaign, with the two candidates spending months essentially trying not to poke themselves in the eye. Reporter Phillip M. Bailey can be reached atpbailey@courierjournal.com. Jones hit them much harder than you see in a debate, repeating the same question two or even three times in a row when they tried giving a talking point instead of an answer, like this exchange with Grimes about marijuana: Jones: Do you believe marijuana should be legal? MG: Business wise, what went into the decision to get involved with Ohio Valley Wrestling and are you hoping or planning to grow it into something national? KSR basketball insider and recruiting analyst T.J. Walker will take you behind the scenes to paint a clearer picture of the Kentucky basketball recruiting world. Lexington, Kentucky kentuckysportsradio.com Joined February 2009. MJ: I have been told soccers moment was about to arrive for 30 years, and it never arrived. But, if that never . Hours later, she backpedaled and said she would have, in fact, not voted to confirmKavanaugh to the high court. Donald Trump tweets Democrats 'coming after' Mitch McConnell as Amy McGrath enters race. Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window). MJ: Of course. You are using an out of date browser. The Matt Jones Podcast is proud to host KSR's resident thespian, Steve Zahn. He is the morning host and producer for 89.3 WMKV in Cincinnati, OH. As he says, there is no baseball in July there, just UK sports. MJ: I worked at Frost Brown Todd in Louisville. Our goal is to kind of be right beneath them and become a developmental organization for those two major groups. KSR Matt Jones. ryan lemond wifemr patel neurosurgeon cardiff 27 februari, 2023 / i how old was stewart granger when he died / av / i how old was stewart granger when he died / av MG: What are your thoughts on legalized sports gambling in Kentucky? LEX 18's General Manager Pat Dalbey announced on Tuesday that Jones is taking aleave of absence as host of "Hey Kentucky!" But rivalry-ing aside, its a complicated situation that has many normal, rational people wondering what actually happened for an altercation at a party to lead to burglary charges half a year later, and then a quick dismissal by a grand jury of their peers. re: Matt Jones and the KSR postgame show starts at 9 central - should be another classic. "What I am?" Jones added that he was told many people within the police department didnt even want to bring the charges. Wrestling has always been big in Kentucky. Matt Jones and the KSR crew bring you the latest in UK news and views Mon.-Fri. from 10 to noon. He is probably worth around $3-$5 million. How did that happen? MJ: We should have it; it is dumb that we dont. 21 May. a song in the front yard literary devices; the owl house fanfiction protective eda; kohl's credit card payment; Blog Post Title February 26, 2018. I'm in favor of having the discussion, especially to reclassify the use of marijuana. Prosecutor John Threet agreed to send the case to drug court on October 13, 2008. Both candidates ultimately agreed, and Grimes came into the studio for a discussion on Sept. 25. Jones and Tucker are no doubt acquainted from covering Kentucky games, and whether this was Jones just popping off for a dimly-perceived slight to excite his followers (which many of us bloggers . -- Matt invites himself to a Vanetti family dinner. Matt Jones, host of Kentucky's highest-rated radio program and co-founder of the scrappily independent Kentucky Sports Radio blog, describes himself as a "somewhat liberal, mountain, Eastern . MG: The dollars involved in the sports business have grown tremendously. It will eventually be legalized everywhere, but our legislature has decided for reasons that make no sense to me to be at the back of the line. The question is do we want to be the 41st or do we want to be the 14th and get that head start? id say matt jones makes somewhere in the ballfield of 55k-750k a year. . Sean and Hayes reveal the real next gen power players of the biz by going through their list of 15 Under 15 Hollywood Up and Comers. Promote. iHeartRadio sells spots network-wide, giving advertisers a highly coveted opportunity to reach listeners in every nook and cranny of the state. Mark Green: Matt Jones, why do you connect with Kentucky sports fans and seemingly Kentuckians in general better than nearly anybody else? We want to get it back to that spot. Not coincidentally, that generates the most profit. We thought about Henderson, Bowling Green, those kinds of places. Host of KSR with 40 affiliates and NFL Preview show on ESPN Radio. MG: An article about you selling KSR reported that part of your motivation to do this was that college sports media and the way they cover college sports is changing. Matt Jones. Banned. Are people going to all want to pile into a gym and sit right next to each other? They all know, and that makes it to where its almost like talking to friends. We could have 100% capacity allowed tomorrow and places are still not going to be full because not everybody wants to leave their house. There is hope for The Program. There is nothing else on earth that the question of should people be paid to do labor would even be a debate, yet somehow in college sports we act like that is controversial and that is ridiculous. Reviews. The problem is, when you practice law you dont get to do a lot of that. The other thing is that I think the NBA genuinely worries about corporate sponsors. I miss that Cal. "The thing this state has always prided itself on is we do one thing better than you, and that's basketball. MG: If Louisville got an NBA team, what would the impact be on UK and UofL basketball? They are doing the job and they are covering them, and they dont care whether the team wins or loses. Maybe a small impact on Louisville because there might be some people who go to Louisville games now who would instead go to the NBA games. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. In addition to KSR, Jones launched a television show called "Hey, Kentucky!" in 2016 on Lexington's NBC affiliate WLEX. MG: Congratulations on topping1 million iHeart podcast downloads in January, the best in the nation. Thats what OVW used to be back in the day. The market wouldnt justify that; there is no rationale except this old, antiquated idea of amateurism, which was created at a time when we were a different country. Mrs. Tyler Thompson 06/03/21 . A Lexington Herald-Leader piece on Jones quoted the sports editor of the Louisville Courier-Journal as saying, "'I think Matt Jones and KSR act as though they're traditional media when it suits them, but they turn on traditional media when it suits them. Zack was supposed to be at Bud Walton until a last-minute 2023 On3 Media, Inc. All rights reserved. quote: Matt has been critical of Cal since that game. MJ: We were considering that pre-COVID. Might there be other KSBar & Grilles in other parts of the state? This is a fact. If Matt Jones makes on the top end, ads could earn Matt Jones over $133.45 thousand a year. Indianapolis is only two hours away, and that hurts. what happened to matt jones ksr mayo 22, 2021 Comentarios desactivados en what happened to matt jones ksr It's been a scary week here at the KSR Compound as our fearless leader, Matt Jones, has been in the hospital for issues related to high blood pressure. Having a ready audience of people as interested as he is in obsessive minutiaerecruiting mailers, sayisn't the only anomaly that's contributed to Jones's success. I would find it extremely hard to believe that Matt makes anything over 150,000 a year. But they already have two historic pro sports teams there with baseball and football. I think it is best for the site. Are there enough (Louisville) corporate sponsorships? They have been very supportive in this entire process and wonderful to work for The arguments that were made before the state general assembly on how it could actually help children with severe disorders, and I was very much in favor of that. He wouldn't have thst problem at UK. To me, this is simple. Matt James thinks he and Rachael Kirkconnell are going strong because they dont play games like other Bachelor stars. Were one of the only couples from that franchise still going strong, he continued. I dont think Matt will be in the line for food stamps or government cheese anytime soon. We have had a long period of time where there are restrictions on how many people can come, so its been a huge hit. It is tough. Most of the people that cover teams in the mediaand this is not a bad thingare not fans of the team. and state Rep. Charles Booker, of Louisville. In 2007, he saw his production drop. I would say he cares, but he has to be agnostic professionally. MJ: The growth is going to end somewhere, but the biggest reason it is growing is that there is more access. It is going to take awhile. While the hosts of KSR are all fans, not everyone is a fan of KSR. If you're curious, I was just going to comment on my daughter who lives in Bamberg, Germany. MG: Should college athletes be paid? Jones expressed disappointment with the station's decision in a tweet and suggestedother contenders may have been behind his removal. Jones' father, Steve Jones, disputed the allegations that his son was involved in any wrongdoing and released a statement which was posted on the web site of Fayetteville television station KNWA-TV: "We want to make it clear that Matt was not in possession of any drugs, but that there were drugs in the vehicle and were located in the closest proximity to Matt.". MG: You have your finger exactly on it. We got a small audience and it kind of grew. During his football career at Arkansas, Jones was a part-time starter his freshman season in 2001, and was the full-time starter from 2002 to 2004. The only real option is NBA basketball. I wrote a book. On October 8, 2008, an agreement was reached between Jones and the Washington County Prosecutor's Office. McConnell ran on the notion that Obamacare should be repealed "root and branch," yet until recently he maintained that he would keep intact the state's wildly popular and successful health insurance exchange, Kynecta branch of Obamacare, you might saythat has enrolled over half a million Kentuckians in health insurance. As an example, KSBar & Grille (in Lexington) is a restaurant that really is an event bar. In college, Jones was a star quarterback for the University of Arkansas, and was also a member of the basketball team for one season. It is going to be legal everywhere soon, so what are we waiting on? Kentucky Sports Radio host Matt Jones is losing his television show until the outspoken media personality makes a decision on running for U.S. Senate in 2020, according to a Lexington station . Greta Thunberg carried away by police AGAIN. Published: Nov. 7, 2019 at 8:36 AM PST. Live attendance has been in major decline for a decade. And given all that, Jones's role in the local order of things makes perfect sense. I think radio is different than print. Jones pounced on McGrath's troubles saying that Kentuckians are wary of inauthentic candidates. Is it enthusiasm, intelligence, insight? You are not going to be a slam dunk because you arent big enough. One officer, for whatever reason, was committed to bringing it and thats how it ended up as a charge., After fielding a few questions from Ryan Lemond, Jones added, The Prosecutors Office, Im not saying they were against it. JavaScript is disabled. I get some joy out of every sport. He gave his legal understanding of the matter on todays show. Right now, every state we border has it except us. He also works in gameday communications for FC Cincinnati and additionally contributes to the . MG: What is your law specialty? No. What that meant was that when Karen Sypher went on trial in 2010 for extorting her onetime paramour, University of Louisville (and former UK) head basketball coach Rick Pitino, Jones could be there.