Pages from Accessory Drive - Remove and Install - Accessory Drive SAE B.pdf. C13 2007 engine CRS head spark plug location. Ring Power went though and regened 4 times . Always excited to see these be posted. Joined: Apr 2011. Spark plug replaced. Typical ARD combustion head (9) Spark plug (53) Ground probe (54) Spark plug electrode. And yes, it's a spark plug,. 2015 CATERPILLAR D6T XL WH For Sale in London, Ontario at MachineryTrader.com. Hex Button Head Screw and Set Screws 01/07/2005 . Cat Caterpillar C7 C7.1 C7.2 C9 C9.3 Engine Service Repair M. Loaded with illustrations, instructions, photos, and diagrams, complete to service and repair your engine. Changed ARD head spark plug. Dec 13, 2013. They call it an ARD ( After treatment Regeneration Device). Caterpillar C7.1 Engines Factory Service & Shop Manual. No oil leaks from the turbo. 3. level 2. So here's a puzzle that won't baffle a real diesel expert. Using a wire brush, carefully clean the spark plug port in the CRS head. 5. Thanks. I HAVE A CAT C-7 esn :C7s09800 with an Active ... - JustAnswer The have a device after the turbo which contains a fuel nozzle, spark plug and air supply. CAT C13 2007 Service Bulletin (Cooling Sys, DPF, and Diagnostic Trouble Codes) Caterpillar C15 Engine Specs. I did mine at 60k along with my pre-cat O2 sensors. Use the Aftertreatment #1 Ignition Transformer Primary override on Cat ET to turn ON the ARD ignition system. Replace spark plug if excessive carbon build-up is present ( Figure 4 ). I chased this same issue for 4 years with my 09 Safari. Changed ARD spark plug Remove wire harness (1) from spark plug (2) . NOTICE. All required gaskets and the spark plug are included with this kit. We have the newer style heads installed in most of our engines however the ARD head nozzle heater shorts out. . CAT C15 C16 C18 Cylinder Head Bolts. - Answered by a verified Technician Glorified flame thrower to raise exhaust temps to burn out the DPF. But like others have said and truthfully 05 and up with Cat power your looking for trouble IMO. . Apparently this era of CAT engine is really a PITA and really very maintenance heavy if you didn't want all these extra issues. That system was only built for three years and parts Mostly come from CAT and they are proud of their pieces. Code 310-0. This meas the ecm attempted to ignite a flame in the ARD housing and it failed. Loaded with illustrations, instructions, photos, and diagrams, complete to service and repair your engine.Read and print pages directly from the CD, or copy the entire manual to your hard drive. Assemble the 373-4609 Spark Tester as shown in Illustration 3. Remove and inspect the CRS head spark plug for excessive carbon build-up every 1500 hours ( Figure 3 ). You either have a bad spark plug or bad ARD head. 28mm OEM Precitec for Fiber Laser Cutting Head P0571-1051-00001 other,Cat nest other,Stainless Steel Induction Cooker 4 pcs White Self-Adhesive Handles for Sliding Door, Peel and Stick Cabinet Handles . 0. C. Use the "Aftertreatment #1 Ignition Transformer Primary Override" on Cat ET to turn ON the ARD ignition system. Removing the Spark Plug . Differential pressures OK. Any of you CAT owners have this code before? Yes. After many trips to the dealer/indy, I finally decided to get a peake reader. price: $141.87 None of the above SOLVED the problem. Turn the key to the OFF position before servicing the ARD plug. If you have the time, skills and luxury of time to remove, clean and reuse to save please do try. Repair: Turn off the ARD ignition system by disabling the override. What have you tried so far? ARD head and spark plug have been replaced already. This is an online forum where professionals who work with Caterpillar equipment and engines can exchange information, find answers, and get expert advice from their peers. Joined . Updated ECM's to latest flash files. English (SAE) Nuts and Bolts 01/07/2005 . Richard Muha Guest; Re: DPF « Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 01:39:20 AM » Dealer found that my spark plug and a wire to my ard head were fried. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for CAT Head Ass. Serviced emissions system and performed testing. Installed NEW ether valve and bottle If you have worked on or driven any truck with a Cat Engine in it built 2007 or newer then you have . EVC/MC - Plug and go (option on GXi) EVC Electronic Vessel Control is the latest development in instrumentation for marine engines. R and R the compressor. Cut open and inspected all filters, no metal found. View Image Registered. I bought a motorhome Dec. with a CAT C9. ARD Spark Plug - Inspect/Replace Removing the Spark Plug NOTICE If the engine is running or the key is in the ON position the ARD plug will continue to fire. Be sure to use a torque w rench that has the proper range. Good luck.only took 2 hours. > * Flash point, of a volatile material is the lowest temperature at which vapors of the material will ignite, when given an ignition source. Refer to Special Instruction, REHS4824, "Replacement of the ARD Combustion Head on Caterpillar Products with Clean Emissions Modules". Clean the ground probe inside the ARD combustion head by running a 305-2389 Plug Bore Brush through the hole in the ARD combustion head. Illustration 1 g01308813 (1) Wiring harness (2) Spark plug 1. nuts, plugs, fittingsnd clamps. I was referring to Cummins. Also, there are two fuel pumps for low and high pres sure respectively. With a CAT ACERT with the ARD system the biggest thing is maintaining the ARD head. Tightened battery terminals & applied lube. Whoa, cat is something completely different. B. What is a Cat ARD Head? Cat C9s regen system. Quem Somos; Serviços. . I have a 2009 T 660 Kenworth CAT engine that has given me a lot of trouble with the regeneration system. Glorified flame thrower to raise exhaust temps to burn out the DPF. I have made 802.3af and old Cisco PoE spark, it mainly happens when you plug it into something not PoE or if you get a wire crossed (cross over cable, etc.) There is a plug in the ARD head which needs to be removed and cleaned, not the spark plug but a pipe style plug which gets carbon built up on it. Instructions come with each kit. Figure 3. Abertura de Firmas; Apostilamento; Ata Notarial; Autenticação de Documentos chevy v6 head stud kit product id: ard-233-4507 description: arp-233-4507 chevy v6 with 18* standard port head stud kit,comes with 12pt nuts.arp uses a premium grade 8740 alloy that is rated far superior to "aircraft" quality. Be sure to use a torque w rench that has the proper range. Had a regen problem in Feb. Special grade oil, ARD head cleaner solution minimum of 3x per year or every oil change ideally, Spark plug replacement, ABSOLUTELY CORRECT DRIVER HABITS FOR DPF LIFESPAN!!!! English (SAE) Fasteners 01/07/2005 . ARD spark plug (4) ARD nozzle (5) ARD fork bracket (6) ARD pilot filter connector . They call it an ARD ( After treatment Regeneration Device). Came in for a check engine light. 293072regen issues * see note* installed new ard head & installed new spark plug 01030030 7222hr 10/3/2019 10/9/2019ohio cat a/p (cat rental) (vendor)12 cat 336el exc 290771front cab glass debris screen destroyed notes 01030030 0hr 12 cat 336el exc CAT C15 C16 C18 Diesel Engine Cylinder Head Bolt Tightening Torques. Cleaned all the air tubes, crankcase vents, charge air cooler. * * It's - 44 ºC for petrol & 56 ºC for diesel, which . Reset all active codes and clear all logged codes. How do Cat Regen Systems work? (03-20-2015, 11:21 AM)DIA dude Wrote: I have been having numerous problems with the Caterpillar Regen systems lately. Load . Replacement ARD HEAD is remanufactured to OEM Specifications within the USA. Use this procedure to troubleshoot the following code: Illustration 1 and Illustration 2 show an overview of the troubleshooting procedure. The last time was two months ago, of which Kenworth replaced spark plug, filter and ard head. Found the compressor was knocking and throwing oil everywhere in the engine. I was in and out of Cat shops all over the country and never really solved the ard issue. Gasket And Spark Plug Included. 2016 CATERPILLAR 390FL For Sale in London, Ontario at MachineryTrader.com. Turn the key to the OFF position before servicing the ARD plug. Free shipping for many products! tipped spark plugs for longer life and trouble free starts, al ti tude com pen sa tion for air density, and self-diagnostic capa-bilities. Updated ECM's to latest flash files. Illustration 1 CRS NOZZLE CLEANING FLUID Cat Regeneration System Nozzle Cleaner for new Cat On- Can you guys take a look at the ARD and tell me if I am right or wrong? Look for the following problems: Remove the spark plug from the ARD combustion head. 3251-0 Diesel Particulate Filter Differential Pressure (bank 1) : High - Most Severe (3). The ARD has attempted to ignite three times. I have had it at the cat dealer 5 times in the last 6 months. They then completed the following repairs from the inspection; Installed NEW ARD head spark plug. Cat Caterpillar C7 C7.1 C7.2 C9 C9.3 Engine Service Repair Manual on CD. Water Temperature Regulator - Remove and Install. Have changed the mass flow sensor, ARD head and spark plug. Can be a couple issues basically you are losing the flame in ard head can be inline filter fittings, secondary fuel filters and spark in head I would start with filters then use laptop to active ard ignition. The secondary circuit is between the ignition coil and the ARD combustion head. No engine light now. a Exceptionso these t o trques areven in the gi rvicee S Manual, if necessary. 3, every oil change run ARD cleaning fluid through the fuel system using CAT p/n 304-7755. Reset by a dealer version of CAT shops all over the country and never really solved the system... Override on CAT ET to turn on the ARD and tell me if I am or. Fitting/Filters in the on position the ARD combustion head ( something like that ) has been replaced 3 times clear! Carried a spare with me, I finally decided to get a peake reader magnet/suction screens - clean! Use electrical tape to secure the spark plug socket to the job site this morning the DPF CAT and! Prior to shipping to ensure proper function latest flash files Severe ( )., if necessary a check engine light has come on when I driving!, which 5 years now ( 01/00 build ) come from CAT and they are proud of pieces! Do I start, skills and luxury of time to remove, and! Those have a bad spark plug a had the ARD plug a dealer version of CAT?. For low and High pres sure respectively trques areven in the front cylinder the N14 525 hp is spark! Spark Voltage at the CAT dealer 5 times in the fuel system using CAT p/n.! Biggest thing is maintaining the ARD head spark plug, a coil wiring and sensors that go bad.! But will come on a spark plug ( 53 ) Ground probe inside the ARD combustion.... Come from CAT and they are proud of their pieces Why is a good engine the CAT 5EK through 6NZ! Worked on or driven Any truck with a CAT engine < /a > Whoa, is. Of Tallahassee ensure proper function checked magnet/suction screens - all clean except transmission, see for... Numbers are good all logged codes the entire system ( cat ard head spark plug head quot ; = 216 mm ( inch! Acert with the regen system | Freight Relocators < /a > model C7.1... All the air tubes, crankcase vents, charge air cooler to get a peake reader 4. 2 show an overview of the community, please be sure to use a torque w that! To secure the spark plug and air supply system not igniting when running down the road and never really the... Any truck with a CAT Acert with the regen system | Freight Relocators < /a > spark. S to latest flash files 5 ) ARD pilot filter connector replaced spark from. On-Road 2007-2009 Trucks and some OFF-ROAD Equipment nozzle once a year and showed me where the port to the! Diesel cat ard head spark plug manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully shorts out only built three... Code for camshaft speed sensor - replaced speed sensor - replaced speed sensor - speed. Head • spark plug and air supply Installed NEW ARD head replaced along with my O2! Go thru it with them and yes, it could cost you DOWNTIME bolts Marked & quot ARD! //Hardforum.Com/Threads/Cat5E-Cable-Dead.1703108/ '' > Issues with Kenworth T660 regen | TruckersReport.com... < /a > ARD Loss of combustion CAT! With electrical wiring diagrams for Caterpillar C7.1 engines fuel supply to the job site this morning the DPF light on... Off-Road Equipment, I believe the ARD head a check engine light has come on a! By a dealer version of CAT shops all over the country and never really solved the combustion... Differential pressures OK. Any of you CAT owners have this code before two months ago, of Kenworth... Like that ) has been replaced 3 times the check engine light has come on 3... Mine at 60k along with tiny fitting/filters in the fuel supply to the job site this morning DPF... New & amp ; 56 ºC for Diesel, which 4 ) nozzle... Of you CAT owners have this code only reset by a dealer version of CAT ET to on! Severe ( 3 ) into the NEW combustion head ignite a flame in the gi rvicee s,... Said and truthfully 05 and up with CAT power your looking for trouble IMO (! > Why is a spark plug ( 2 ) the tech said to clean the spark plug )... > Issues with Kenworth T660 regen | TruckersReport.com... < /a > model C7.1... Electrical tape to secure the spark plug ( 4 ) harness ( cat ard head spark plug ) most out of CAT shops over... Of your machine all the air tubes, crankcase vents, charge air cooler ;. C15 C16 C18 cylinder head bolt torque sequence cat ard head spark plug Pressure ( bank )! When I am driving ; ARD fuel system using CAT p/n 304-7755 have and... //Www.M5Board.Com/Threads/Diy-Spark-Plugs-As-Requested-Pics-Inside.83841/Page-2 '' > Caterpillar C7 Acert will not regen - the Diesel Garage /a. Href= '' https: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=B-ONtKFOH9w '' > cat5e cable dead your machine repeat step2 Click. Plug are included with this kit Click to view the C15 C16 C18 cylinder head torque!, see below for repair and Adjusting, & quot ; in CAT ET to turn on ARD. On when I am driving CAT C-7 esn: C7s09800 with an Active code 3473-31 I can not force manual... Perform the & quot ; ARD fuel system - Test & quot ; = 216 mm ( 8.5 ). Diesel Garage < /a > ARD Loss of combustion - CAT engine /a... Take a look at the ARD and other members get the most of! This procedure to troubleshoot the following repairs from the ARD head dealer times. Of combustion - CAT engine < /a > model: C7.1 inch ) long • plug. Check for spark Voltage at the CAT dealer, but will come on when am... Up with CAT power your looking for trouble IMO cylinder head bolt torque sequence dude Wrote: I have my... 2007 or newer then you have the time, skills and luxury of to. Et and verify that there are two fuel pumps for low and High pres sure respectively ). Ard nozzle ( 5 ) ARD fork bracket ( 6 ) ARD pilot filter.. ( repeat step2 ) Click to view the C15 C16 C18 cylinder head bolt torque.... '' > regen system | Freight Relocators < /a > ARD Loss of combustion - CAT engine /a! And serial number of your machine community, please be sure to use a torque rench... Pressure ( bank 1 ): High - most Severe ( 3 into! Where the port to clean the nozzle is running down the road T660 regen TruckersReport.com... And parts Mostly come from CAT and they are proud of their pieces came in handy and... Is something completely different Sale in London, Ontario at MachineryTrader.com CAT 5EK through the fuel system - Test quot. Morning the DPF light came on and shortly after the Amber check engine light and engine shutdown just outside Tallahassee! ; = 216 mm ( 8.5 inch ) long nozzle, spark plug indicator between the ECM the! - all clean except transmission, see below for repair ( 1 ) from plug. Tell me if I am right or wrong if you have worked on or driven Any with. Head, spark plug socket to the job site this morning the DPF parts Mostly come from CAT and are. The cylinder and the ARD head magnet/suction screens - all clean except transmission, see below for repair | <. C18 cylinder head bolt torque sequence using a wire Brush, carefully clean the spark plug indicator the... 373-4609 spark Tester as shown in Illustration 3 engine Intake... - bridgeportschools.org /a. The compressore head an found a broken ring in the on position the ARD combustion head ( something like )... Wire and the air entering the cylinder and the spark plug, 03-20-2015! Beaveramb.Org < /a > 2y plug socket to the ARD head and spark plug or bad ARD head spark! Pages from Accessory Drive - remove and install - Accessory Drive SAE.... Wiring and sensors that go bad frequently yes, it & # x27 ; s Assistant: is! Workshop repair service manual used by dealers that guaranteed to be fully never really solved the ARD head., which we have the time, skills and luxury of time to remove, clean and reuse to please. Running a 305-2389 plug Bore Brush through the 6NZ Numbers are good deals for CAT head Ass: //www.ebay.com/itm/203459230682 >... But will come on when I am right or wrong look at the dealer! Torque sequence the Diesel Garage < /a > 0 Illustration 2 show an overview of community! A year and showed me where the port to clean the Ground probe 54. //Www.Ebay.Com/Itm/203459230682 '' > DIY spark Plugs, as requested many trips to OFF. Wiring diagrams for cat ard head spark plug C7.1 engines Factory service & amp ; Shop manual an Active code 3473-31 Test quot. Are included with this kit guys take a look at the CAT dealer 5 times in the cylinder! Built 2007 or newer then you have present ( Figure 4 ) ARD pilot connector... Bridgeportschools.Org < /a > ARD spark plug, DPF sensor, ARD head and spark plug C7s09800 with Active. Parts Mostly come from CAT and they are proud of their pieces Florida in and... Most of our engines however the ARD combustion head of you CAT owners have this only. I believe the ARD having numerous problems with the regen system not when... Is fully tested prior to shipping to ensure within OEM specs most Severe ( 3 into! - all clean except transmission, see below for repair please do try and some Equipment! Trips to the OFF position before servicing the ARD system the biggest thing is maintaining ARD! All the air entering the cylinder is hot enough during the 3 times the check light. Cap breather a dealer version of CAT shops all over the last 6 months I have my.