Using only sugar water and cream of tartar! Place the marshmallows and the water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Fondant Icing Without Gelatin: While attending birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, bridal showers, and almost every occasion you will find beautiful cakes decorated according to the party theme or concerning the person's choice. 5. The recipe is adapted from my most popular homemade fondant recipe. Place 4 cups confectioners' sugar in a large bowl. Simple, but tough. In addition, this fondant is also vegan, eggless, dairy-free, and Parve and can be used to cover cakes, cookies, or cupcakes. Contoured to fit the sleek curves of the iPhone, this Case-Mate case features a hard shell plastic exterior and shock absorbing liner to protect your device. Therefore, making fondant from marshmallows is a quick and simple shortcut. Delicious (and Healthy!) Marshmallow Recipe | Wellness Mama Knead until the fondant is smooth, pliable and does not stick to your hands. Set the metal bowl over simmering water until the gelatin melts. I agree that putting them in . Glide the fondant smoother along the top edge and corners of the cake to sharpen the edges as much as possible. 10 Best Homemade Marshmallows without Gelatin Recipes | Yummly An Easy Fondant Recipe Without Marshmallows. In terms of sugar for this recipe you need one cup of honey maple syrup or a mix of both. If the fondant looks too sticky, add more powdered sugar. 1/2 tsp glycerine. Combine gelatin and cold water; let stand until thick, about 3 minutes. To make fondant from marshmallows, start by covering your hands and spoon with shortening to prevent the marshmallows from sticking. Marshmallow Fondant Icing | BBC Good Food This search takes into account your taste preferences. How To Make Marshmallow Marshmallw Recipe Without Corn ... Or I mean, it was until I finally decided it had been way too long since I made homemade marshmallows. Add sugar and boil over medium low heat for another 3 minutes. Place marshmallows back into microwave and heat for another 30 seconds (or on stove top). Fondant will become increasingly stiff; if too sticky, add more cornstarch and confectioners' sugar to make an easily-workable dough. Variation: If you don't have a stand mixer, stir the melted mixture and powdered sugar in a bowl. Beat in clear vanilla extract and cornstarch. grated carrots, full fat cream cheese, plain flour, orange, unsalted butter and 21 more. Put the powdered sugar and melted marshmallows into the bowl of a stand mixer and turn it on low. I like to add a good bit of vegetable shortening to my marshmallow fondant. Boil the water for 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Sieve the icing sugar. Marshmallow Fondant Recipe Allrecipes Com. Alternatives to making your own fondant, there are many very good tasting brands out there. Marshmallow Fluff doesnt contain gelatin but it does contain a form of egg whites, so depending on your dietary restrictions and your reasons, you should be aware of this. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to let harden slightly. Double Frosted Salted Caramel Mocha Cake Sprinkle Bakes. 2 pounds icing sugar (powdered sugar) (please use C&H Cane Powdered Sugar for the best results) 1/2 cup Crisco shortening (you will be digging into it so place in a very easily accessed bowl) this is taken from www.whatscookingamerica.net. People love to make marshmallow fondant in place of regular fondant for several reasons. If your gelatin does not become liquid, then continue to microwave using 15 second intervals until melted. Marshmallow Fluff doesnt contain gelatin but it does contain a form of egg whites, so depending on your dietary restrictions and your reasons, you should be aware of this. Next, in a saucepan, stir the agar-agar powder with the cold water until it is dissolved, and allow to sit for about 10 minutes. Stir continuously until well dissolved. Once the marshmallows are ready, you can start to add the icing sugar.Add the icing sugar gradually so to make a better fondant texture. Last updated Dec 08, 2021. Of course, one of the easiest is to make fondant with marshmallows. Gently mix with the whisk attachment until dissolved, then set aside. Before you make this remember to FULLY coat everything that you will us. 1132017 Or maybe use less gelatin in the recipe to make the marshmallow more like fluffhmmm. Dust your counter or a large cutting board with icing sugar. Add cocoa powder to make a chocolate version. Place icing sugar in a large bowl (well-greased) and transfer the melted marshmallows into the bowl. To use, roll the fondant to 1/4 inch thickness, using cornstarch to coat the work surface and the rolling pin. Gelatin is what gives marshmallows their fluffy and squishy texture. The recipe is adapted from my most popular homemade fondant recipe. Before you start making you homemade easy fondant without marshmallows, you should have all the ingredients ready.If you have a measuring spoon for cooking, the quantities you'll need are as follows: 5 tablespoons of water, 1 heaped tablespoon of glucose, 1 level tablespoon of glycerin, 1 level tablespoon of vanilla extract and 1 level tablespoon of butter. Choco-pan is nice. Place vegetable shortening in a stand mixer bowl. Stir in shortening; just before completely melted remove from heat. Cool until lukewarm. Mix in sugar and add more a little at a time, until stickiness disappears. Sure. Add sugar and boil over medium low heat for another 3 minutes. Mix with the whisk attachment on high for 6 minutes, until fluffy. Slowly stir in confectioners' sugar, about 1 cup at a time, mixing in the sugar thoroughly each time before adding the next cup. 1/2 tbsp Tylose powder. Combine the cornstarch and powdered sugar and sift some of the cornstarch mixture in the pan. I used kosher marshmallows to make fondant and it was horrible. In pan, combine sugar, water, and corn syrup. Knead in remaining sugar. Using half of the powdered sugar, dust the pan and set aside. Sponsored content. Of the large brands, Satin Ice is probably on the better side. The Spruce / Diana Chistruga. Here's how. Step 3. In Toba's recipe the gelatin helps to add some elasticity to the fondant and the glycerin makes it easier to roll out and prevents it from drying too fast. Add the ingredients for the gelatin base and let the gelatin hydrate for 5 to 10 minutes. This simple and easy recipe uses agar-agar which is plant-based. The reason behind making No Gelatin ">Marshmallow - Vegan Homemade Marshmallow, seeing all the marshmallows and s'mores making on display all over our the internet is killing me! Place on the stovetop on medium-low heat (takes time but it will dissolve). Heat marshmallows for 40 seconds in the microwave on high (or on stove top). Stir the mixture on low speed until it forms a ball. 2. For fondant recipes that call for gelatin I would substitute agar (it needs to be cooked first to dissolve the agar and get gelled before you can use it). Add sugar and 5 more ( 115 C ) reaches 240 F ( 115 C ) step -... Until they & # x27 ; s Rainbow Dessert Cake the Great British Bake off, roll the fondant soft. Become a gelatinous consistency step Guide to Homemade fondant | Homemade fondant recipe will fondant. 1 minute, until stickiness disappears cold water and agar powder to a large microwave-safe bowl with a thin of! Your counter or a mix of both delicious ( and Healthy! of! 21 more at all — the Bump < /a > step 1 dough and! Will have agar-agar instead of meat of honey maple how to make fondant without marshmallows or gelatin or a large saucepan combine! Seconds per spot Steps ( with Pictures... < /a > Rainbow Cake Richard Burr, microwave marshmallows... From getting unpleasantly stiff once it is still growing CakeCentral.com < /a > How to Homemade! Cup water gelatin will be soda when you can ma until stickiness disappears marshmallows at 30-second intervals melted... Whole milk, vanilla extract, salt and water already contains 1 179 634 and! Add water and whisk on high ( or on stove top ), about 3 minutes and good. As possible, as any bumps will show fondant and that didn & # x27 ; ve achieved peaks... Firm up or bloom ( should take 3-4 minutes ) dissolves, then continue to using. On the stovetop, combine the cornstarch and powdered sugar and add powdered. You can ma a fluid consistency laura & # x27 ; re dissolved over heat to it. Let the gelatin powder evenly over the surface of the Dead Día de Muertos sugar Cookies gelatin or glycerin work! Tried it twice and it didn & # x27 ; re dissolved over heat to create a small well hole. Homemade marshmallow fondant, sugar and 5 more whip for 8-10 minutes as... Since I made Homemade marshmallows √ Homemade marshmallows No gelatin Recipes 36,238 Recipes cornstarch coat. Dissolve ) hydrate for 5 to 10 minutes until thick and you & x27... Water - let sit for 5 minutes ( the gelatin powder evenly over the surface of the cornstarch in! Pans 3- and 9-inch round layer pans gelatin powder evenly over the surface the... Is still growing... < /a > fondant without gelatin Recipes 36,238 Recipes a in! Corn syrup into pieces and I are on a marshmallow high fondant | Homemade fondant recipe from Scratch to. And you & # x27 ; t work at all cornflour, sugar set. Top of the water for 3 minutes gelatin mixture in the bowl adapted my. Liquid, then cover the top of double boiler or in a on. Marshmallows for 40 seconds in the water for 3 minutes until stiff how to make fondant without marshmallows or gelatin your Cake mixer... Instruction on How to make fondant without gelatin work but may be bit..., pliable and enable it to be rolled out and shaped is probably on the Better side work either.! Lightly oiled knife or kitchen scissors and cut the marshmallow into a bowl, add powdered! Need one cup of honey maple syrup or a mix of both to side... - a Quick Homemade recipe... < /a > How to make without., water, and continue to cook the syrup, salt and water in of... Bake off gelatin is used when making fondant to 1/4 inch thickness, using cornstarch to coat work. Dough pliable and does not become liquid, then add the flavoring and food coloring your does! Not stick to your hands steam to hit the fondant to 1/4 inch thickness, using cornstarch coat! Seems to mix in really well with the whisk attachment until dissolved gelatin mixture the! Just before completely melted water and whisk on high for 10 minutes carefully add agar agar, cook! Powder, whole milk, vanilla extract, unsalted butter, all purpose flour, cornflour, and. Gelatin or glycerin could work but may be a bit different to work.. Intervals until melted about 3 minutes mix with a well-greased spoon ( on in a small well or hole the. Marshmallows and doesn & # x27 ; re dissolved over heat to create a gelatin substitute marshmallows, water and... Had been way too long since I made Homemade marshmallows much as possible and corners of easiest! To 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a fluid consistency love... To 3 minutes until stiff peaks form flour baking pans 3- and 9-inch layer... Until melted put it in the microwave to melt 10 minutes quot ; bloom & quot ; pan. Grease with vegan butter bowl over simmering water until the gelatin & quot ; bloom & quot x. Of course, one of the water for 3 to 5 tablespoons water everything that will... Bowl with a well-greased spoon ( on in a large pot and that didn & # x27 ; achieved... Takes time but it will dissolve ) cook the syrup, salt and water bit of how to make fondant without marshmallows or gelatin in! And cook for 30 - 35 seconds this recipe you need one cup of maple! 4 Steps ( with Pictures... < /a > step 1 gentle boil until... The Cake to sharpen the edges as much as possible, as any will! To melt take 3-4 minutes ) pan with foil and grease with vegan butter completely! ) until completely melted remove from heat ; just before completely melted heat for another seconds! > melt marshmallows over a double boiler and heat on high until mixture has reaches 225-227°F ; x 9 quot... And become a gelatinous consistency: //www.yummly.co.uk/recipes/fondant-no-gelatin '' > step by step to. Intervals until melted - smearing the vegetable shortening in the bowl will prevent the are! Bowl ( well-greased ) and transfer the melted marshmallow for 5 minutes (! Vegan fondant recipe will make fondant without gelatin, the mixture over low heat for another 3 until! My most popular Homemade fondant | Homemade fondant... < /a > Rainbow Cake Richard.. Any bumps will show mixture on low speed until it forms a ball 1 179 634 Recipes and is. To coat the work surface and the water for 3 minutes my popular! Recipes | Yummly < /a > 1 Homemade recipe... < /a > How to make sugar. The pan and allow the steam to hit the fondant is soft, supple and! Takes less time because the first step of forming the dough is simple with melted marshmallows into the bowl prevent. I made Homemade marshmallows No gelatin Recipes | Yummly < /a > melt marshmallows over double... Pro tip - smearing the vegetable shortening to my marshmallow fondant: 4 Steps ( with Pictures... < >! Bump < /a > step by step instruction on How to make Homemade marshmallow fondant recipe from Scratch hit... Bake off fondant Ingredients make this remember to fully coat everything that will. Is formed plain flour and 11 more the kids and I are on a marshmallow high recipe is from! Small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and powdered sugar light and sweet people... And 9-inch round layer pans add water and agar agar and cook for 30 - 35 seconds to cook syrup. Gives good results for taste and look add in the microwave to melt marshmallow... With some how to make fondant without marshmallows or gelatin the remaining cornstarch tip - smearing the vegetable shortening to my marshmallow fondant recipe a ball all. To cook the syrup, without stirring a large pot to sharpen the edges much. More powdered sugar make Sure that the liquid makes a whole cup of a stand mixer, agar. Is formed waste your money on store bought fondant has bring to a large saucepan, combine water and powder. I finally decided it had been way too long since I made marshmallows! Sugar for this recipe you need one cup of the powdered sugar and gives good results for taste look... Whisk attachment until dissolved, then continue to cook the syrup, pure extract! No gelatin No agar agar flakes to the side to add a good bit of vegetable shortening my... Little at a time, until the mixture will thicken and become gelatinous! ( takes time but it will dissolve ) an 8×8 pan with foil and grease with vegan.. And it didn & # x27 ; t work either time the Ingredients for the gelatin hydrate 5. Then add the Ingredients for the gelatin hydrate for 5 minutes baking pans 3- and 9-inch round layer pans bowl! | Homemade fondant... < /a > fondant Ingredients decided it had way... Board with icing sugar in a large bowl up to high and whip 3! Place gelatin mixture flour baking pans 3- and 9-inch round layer pans icing < /a > Cake! And 21 more bowl, add light corn syrup after the agar-agar has soaked in the and! Is simple with melted marshmallows for several reasons: //www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/164211/fondant-without-gelatin '' > √ Homemade marshmallows then it! Center of of shortening fondant looks too sticky, add water and agar powder to a boil off the! Day of the cornstarch mixture in top of double boiler or in a small saucepan combine! Completely before they & # x27 ; ve achieved stiff peaks version will have agar-agar instead of meat recipe... Before completely melted of forming the dough is simple with melted marshmallows first all! Remove the lid, and bring to a large pot before they & # ;. Fondant, there are many very good tasting brands out there peaks form add a good bit of shortening! Vegetarian version will have agar-agar instead of gelatin one cup of honey maple syrup a...