- The FT-IR 850 Bench is equipped with specific sets of beamsplitter/detectors:
- ability to work in the
- Mid-IR (400 - 4,000 cm-1) --- framework basicity
- Near-IR (4,000 - 12,500 cm-1) --- defect SiOH
- Far-IR (10 - 400 cm-1) --- cations translations
- cells allowing in-situ measurements both in transmission and in reflection
- Diffuse Reflectance (DRIFTS) --- highly opaque or weakly absorbing samples
- Photoacoustic (PAS) --- opaque samples
- Attenuated Total Reflectance (ATR) --- optically dense materials
- Wire Grid Polarizer available for ATR
- Hydraulic Pellet Press. 13mm pellet die/maker available upon request
- FT-Raman Module:
- Organic/Inorganic interactions in hybrid materials
- Organics trapped in layered and porous framework
- Experiments to check the validity of simulated results (Force Field, etc.)
- Works with powder, and liquid samples. Not capable of thin film measurements.
- Sample Tubes: 5mm O.D. NMR tubes are the easiest to use. The dimensions should be as follows:
- Max Tube Height = ~45 mm
- Minimum Sample Height = ~13 mm
However, if limited sample is available, then a ~6 mm spacer can be used and only ~4mm of sample is required
- HeNe Laser Wavelength = 1064 nm.
- Regulations and Procedures for Using IR or Raman.
The IR/Raman laboratory is equipped with a vacuum line and other gas lines (He, N2, O2, Air, etc.) which allows simple sample preparation and the ability to perform in-situ studies on the IR/Raman spectrometer.
Everyone must first be trained on the instrument before using it. Please fill out the Training Request Form and indicate which instrument(s) you would like to do; please check all that apply.