A cold field-emission gun Scanning electron microscope (FEG-SEM). It operates at 0.5 to 30 kV with an ultimate resolution of 1.0 nm, and a magnification range of 10x to 700,000x. Available image modes include secondary and backscattered electron imaging.
- JEOL 6700 with a variety of sample holders.
- Backscattered imaging at TV rates and low voltage using the Centaurus detector.
- Back scatter detector
- Chamberscope for optical viewing specimen in the microscope.
- Examination of fracture surfaces
- Examination and quantification of nano-scratch tests
- Stereo-imaging of surfaces
- Microstructure of surfactant systems
- Measurement of the width of layers of magnetic read devices
- Characterization of grain boundaries of ceramics
- Sample size: 50 x 125 x 125 mm
- Lateral resolution: 1.0 nm
- Lateral range: 50 mm x 50 mm