- -Three 3” sputtering sources and one 6-pocket e-beam evaporator in the same deposition chamber
- -RF and DC sputtering capabilities
- -Two process gases: Argon and Oxygen
- -Substrate cleaning with RF plasma
- -Sample substrate heating up to 1100° C during deposition
- -Optimized for sputter deposition of magnetic metals and/or oxides followed by coating with a precious metal (gold, platinum) using e-beam deposition -Rapid turn-around operation with a load lock
- -Aggressive substrate cleaning and sample ion milling with a collimated Kauffman & Robinson KDC-40 ion source installed in the load lock
- -Installed in clean room environment
The following sputter targets are available to users: ironsilicon dioxide, copper, cobalt, nickel, tin, and permalloy.
For the e-beam evaporator: aluminum, gold, germanium, nickel, magnesium oxide, silver, and platinum.